Blade 2016: who's going?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Blade 2016: who's going?

Post by MacLaren »

I will be attending this year. My little brother will be with me. We will be staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta/Galleria.
Very excited. We also have a couple friends from Atlanta that be there with us as well.
Johnnie1801

Re: Blade 2016: who's going?

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Remember to take a camera and take lots of pics for the rest of us on the forum :D
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Johnnie1801 wrote:Remember to take a camera and take lots of pics for the rest of us on the forum :D
Yeah man :)
Gonna take my good Canon. :spyder:
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

For anyone interested, the Homewood Suites will have a shuttle for Blade Show.
As others would I imagine.
Just throwin that out there.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I probably won't be able to attend this year, unfortunately. Gotta' save my pennies for more knife making equipment. ;) Hope you have a great time!

P.S. I stayed at the Suites for the 2014 Blade Show and they do have a nice shuttle service. By the way, you never know who you might run into at the Suites. Case in point, as I was heading to the shuttle going to Blade '14, I ran into the owners of Queen Cutlery. We had a nice chat on the ride over to the show. Very nice folks. :) I also saw John White (God rest his soul) and had a good time talking with him as well.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SpyderNut wrote:I probably won't be able to attend this year, unfortunately. Gotta' save my pennies for more knife making equipment. ;) Hope you have a great time!

P.S. I stayed at the Suites for the 2014 Blade Show and they do have a nice shuttle service. By the way, you never know who you might run into at the Suites. Case in point, as I was heading to the shuttle going to Blade '14, I ran into the owners of Queen Cutlery. We had a nice chat on the ride over to the show. Very nice folks. :) I also saw John White (God rest his soul) and had a good time talking with him as well.
Thank you Spydernut!
Neat story!
And Im sorry you wont be able to male it this year.
But good luck on making those blades! :spyder:

Im really looking forward to going. My main focus will be the Spyderco booth of course :D
Would really be nice to meet some of the Spydie crew.
Especially Eric, Sal and Gail.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

MacLaren wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:I probably won't be able to attend this year, unfortunately. Gotta' save my pennies for more knife making equipment. ;) Hope you have a great time!

Thank you Spydernut!
Neat story!

Im really looking forward to going. My main focus will be the Spyderco booth of course :D
Thanks man. :) I hope you have a great time at Blade. It is a fantastic experience, to be sure. When I went in '14, I signed up for the Blade University course with Chris Reeve. It was a very informative and helpful program for knifemakers. I would recommend you looking into the Blade University programs if you are interested.

If you get a chance, stop over and say "Hi" to ABS Master Smith Ed Fowler. He has been making knives for a very long time and has some excellent stories to share.

I hope you get to meet the Glessers too. They are very kind and receptive people. Sal, Eric, and Gail were even kind enough to autograph my personal copy of the "Spyderco Story" book. This is something I will treasure for many years to come. :)

On a side note, be sure to bring a small back-pack or satchel of sorts to carry brochures and other literature. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a water bottle. It gets kind of warm in there. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I was there in 2013 and trust me there is nothing like it
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SpyderNut wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

Thank you Spydernut!
Neat story!

Thanks man. :) I hope you have a great time at Blade. It is a fantastic experience, to be sure. When I went in '14, I signed up for the Blade University course with Chris Reeve. It was a very informative and helpful program for knifemakers. I would recommend you looking into the Blade University programs if you are interested.

If you get a chance, stop over and say "Hi" to ABS Master Smith Ed Fowler. He has been making knives for a very long time and has some excellent stories to share.

I hope you get to meet the Glessers too. They are very kind and receptive people. Sal, Eric, and Gail were even kind enough to autograph my personal copy of the "Spyderco Story" book. This is something I will treasure for many years to come. :)

On a side note, be sure to bring a small back-pack or satchel of sorts to carry brochures and other literature. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a water bottle. It gets kind of warm in there. :)
Excellent! Thank you very much.....
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Got to go last year and it was a blast. :cool:

Wear comfortable shoes and carry bottled water with you to drink as it gets hot with all of the people.

It's an experience like no other. :spyder:
dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Ankerson wrote: . . . Wear comfortable shoes and carry bottled water with you to drink as it gets hot with all of the people.

And bring lots of cash!

I'll be there again this year. This'll be my 15th Blade Show.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:Got to go last year and it was a blast. :cool:

Wear comfortable shoes and carry bottled water with you to drink as it gets hot with all of the people.

Thanx Jim :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

dsvirsky wrote:
Ankerson wrote: . . . Wear comfortable shoes and carry bottled water with you to drink as it gets hot with all of the people.

And bring lots of cash!

I'll be there again this year. This'll be my 15th Blade Show.
Yup......been savin my pennies.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I will be there. Just booked my ticket last week. Staying at the Double Tree over by the show. Feel free to look me up or flag me down if you see me at the show!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Surfingringo wrote:I will be there. Just booked my ticket last week. Staying at the Double Tree over by the show. Feel free to look me up or flag me down if you see me at the show!
Thats a deal Lance! ;)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

RanCoWeAla wrote:I was there in 2013 and trust me there is nothing like it
Will you be there this year?
If so, look me up man.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

No unfortunately I won't be there. That was my one and only trip to the Blade Show. At the time both my Kids lived in the Lawrenceville, Georgia area and my Son took me to the Blade Show for Father's Day.. my health is too bad now to make it anyway. I'm in Horrible pain as I write this.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

RanCoWeAla wrote:No unfortunately I won't be there. That was my one and only trip to the Blade Show. At the time both my Kids lived in the Lawrenceville, Georgia area and my Son took me to the Blade Show for Father's Day.. my health is too bad now to make it anyway. I'm in Horrible pain as I write this.
Oh man......I am truly sorry to hear that.
Hang in there buddy. Ill be prayin for ya a speedy recovery....
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Thank you and I appreciate that very much. That's why I encourage anyone in reasonably good health who likes knives to try and make it at least one Time. I told my Doctor about the Blade Show and he made it last year. You owe it to yourself to go one time even if you have to fly into Atlanta from across the Country.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I started a pass around thread over in general and thought I would announce it in this thread. I'm going to do a pass around for a handful of forum members with my Sprig. Since I live outside the country, my hope was that one of you going to the Blade show might be interested in being the first in the pass around. That way, I could just bring the knife to the show and hand it off and it could make it's way from there. Maclaren, would you want to participate?