Candy: What is your favorite/discussion?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderNut

Re: Candy: What is your favorite/discussion?

Post by SpyderNut »

Back in my college days, I'd eat a "family size" bag of Reese Peanut Butter Cups and a glass of milk at least once every other day while doing my studies. Since then, I've cut back tremendously on my sweets, so I generally only consume hard candy (like the candy canes at Cracker Barrel) on special occasions only. At the moment, my biggest weakness is Sour Patch Kids Blueberry gun. :o Can't get enough of that stuff.
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Werthers.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JT

Post by JT »

Salty /salmiac liquorice.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_liquorice

oh, and dark chocolate, above 70% is good too.
The Cult Of The Curved Ones-C.O.T.C.O.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

JT wrote:Salty /salmiac liquorice.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salty_liquorice

oh, and dark chocolate, above 70% is good too.
mild salt licorice is really good, but the stronger versions are definitely an acquired taste!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
awa54

Post by awa54 »

double post, sorry!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

SpyderNut wrote:Back in my college days, I'd eat a "family size" bag of Reese Peanut Butter Cups and a glass of milk at least once every other day while doing my studies. Since then, I've cut back tremendously on my sweets, so I generally only consume hard candy (like the candy canes at Cracker Barrel) on special occasions only. At the moment, my biggest weakness is Sour Patch Kids Blueberry gun. :o Can't get enough of that stuff.
Yummy to the Reeses :)

You know what is also good? I took vanilla ice cream and crushed up some Reeses Peanut Butter cups and some Oreo cookies and mixed them in with it. Mmmmm :) Ofcourse, that is like a "Sugar Over dose" but something to enjoy once in a while.

Check these out: The food company Newman's own has their own version of peanut butter cups:
http://www.newmansown.com/foods/dark-ch ... tter-cups/
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

In the past 10 years I've gotten to be a connoisseur of extremely fine Chocolate. Two of my very favorites are "Ghirardelli" and "Lindt". I also like several variants of Belgium and German Chocolates as well. White Chocolate is one of my latest crazes and I find that "Lindt" & "Ghirardelli" both are right at the top with great quality white chocolate too.

We have a great Chocolate producer here in Kansas City that I'm sure a few of you have heard about>> I'm speaking of "Russell Stover". Also one of Warren Buffet's companies known as "See's" Chocolate is really delicious as well. I can do without most candy but Chocolate is truly an addiction I have>> and one that I won't even try to quit :rolleyes:

Actually I've heard of European studies that claim that certain types of chocolate are actually beneficial.
gunnerjacky

Post by gunnerjacky »

According to what I think, food items which are being sold and purchased are more of a threat than guns and explosives. Bad foods are more dangerous as they hide their danger in a beautiful and delicious form. Candy is my favorite and I have hard time controlling my temptation.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Chunky
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

RanCoWeAla wrote:Chunky
The older, original Chunky when they were made by "Ward" Candy Company were truly the "bomb" at one time. They are still good but not as good as they were in the 60s & 70s. They used to also have a pecan Chunky back then too and they were awesome.

Many of the older candies were much better back then. Milk Duds, Zero Bars, Forever Yours ( by Mars), and Nestle's $100,000 bar. Those were truly the days!!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Anyone remember the Big Hunk, man was that some good stuff and real filling puller :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Miss Dragonfly

Post by Miss Dragonfly »

RanCoWeAla wrote:Chunky
Great, now I have a total craving! :) Not just for a Chunky, but to use My Knife to try to cut it up into 4 perfectly even squares....for no good reason.
Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

The Chunky is not that easy to find anymore.