More NY insanity....

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Holzfaeller

Re: More NY insanity....

Post by Holzfaeller »

Those Cold Steel shovels are useful tools, I've used them for years and we keep one in every vehicle.
awa54

Post by awa54 »

Holzfaeller wrote:Those Cold Steel shovels are useful tools, I've used them for years and we keep one in every vehicle.
I have one of those folding German army trenching tools in my car, it's far less "tactical" than the CS, but similarly sized and useful!
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

awa54 wrote: I hear electric roast carving knives are a big threat, or was it garden hoes? Either way it's time to outlaw all those deadly weapons! ;)
If I am not mistaken there are already laws in place against hoes. Something against "prostitution" or such?
Of course I cold be wrong..........
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

NOTHING WRONG WITH A GOOD BOWIE KNIFE....BETTER THAN A MACH....Garden hoes still remains misdemeanor in the state but carving knives have always been a felony:) Doc
Donut

Post by Donut »

You would think by now.. they will have figured out that making things illegal will only make them sell better. Not only sell better, but sell better in ways that they can't tax.

The tax money Colorado is making by legalizing... I could be convinced that New York State loves to give tax money away to their neighbor states.

Is this just a stunt to sell more Cold Steel products? :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

The Deacon wrote:Unfortunately Cold Steel seems to call a LOT of things machetes that aren't machetes.

The interesting thing is that the new additions to the Penal Code don't include a definition of the term machete.
Not surprising. Gravity knives are illegal here in NYC. But that whole fiasco with D.A. Vance took place because no definitive specifics were ever given as to what does and does not constitute a gravity knife. Over a century later and we still have the very same jack-*** mentality in the minds of those in positions of power. :rolleyes:
Most definitely. A year or two back, in a conversation with Susan Arbetter on “The Capitol Pressroom” New York governor Andrew Cuomo commented that “conservative Republicans … have no place in the state of New York, because that’s not who New Yorkers are.”
Did anyone remind that moron who the last two mayors of NYC were, and the fact that they stayed in office for right around a quarter of a century?
Last edited by Monocrom on Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

BTW, for those who missed it, the horrendous corruption inside the NYPD that was exposed during the 1970s, has returned with a vengeance! Bribes, mis-management, corruption in general. Bribes including those to get the almost unheard of civilian gun permits in the city. Corruption to the point that even those who paid the bribes.... sometimes didn't get the permits! Now that's what you call extreme corruption.