Let's talk about pistol holsters...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Re: Let's talk about pistol holsters...

Post by MacLaren »

You got it Michael.
Those p239's are money. You can't go wrong with one.
Good luck and I hope you and your wife score one each!
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thank you, sir. :) I certainly appreciate the helpful insight. I'll now have something else I can add to my "wish-list," lol. ;)

Take care,

Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Well I picked up some new clips and a new dye so I went ahead and made another holster for my g26.

Shaunwialliam

Post by Shaunwialliam »

Nice!! Thanks for sharing the information. It's a very sturdy Gun Holster and has three layers with the outer being a neoprene material so that is it sits nice against your body(soft material, sweat protective), there is a very sturdy inner slip to make sure the holster stays open(for easy re holstering), the inside of the holster is a strong wraps of nylon.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Long story, but I recently spent 2 weeks nonstop wearing my Glock 43 on my hip 24/7, even sleeping with it, in my Stealth Gear Onyx holster. I'm a side sleeper and was sleeping in a fold out chair/bed thing that must have been designed by Satan himself, and I managed to sleep ON my gun side half the time. It was a pretty crazy ordeal, when I say 24/7 I mean I literally wore the same clothes for 2 weeks and the gun/holster never left my hip. I don't know if a better testimony for a holster exists.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
jpm2

Post by jpm2 »

Evil D wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:33 am
Long story, but I recently spent 2 weeks nonstop wearing my Glock 43 on my hip 24/7, even sleeping with it, in my Stealth Gear Onyx holster. I'm a side sleeper and was sleeping in a fold out chair/bed thing that must have been designed by Satan himself, and I managed to sleep ON my gun side half the time. It was a pretty crazy ordeal, when I say 24/7 I mean I literally wore the same clothes for 2 weeks and the gun/holster never left my hip. I don't know if a better testimony for a holster exists.
That's an excellent testament for the comfort and retention of these holsters, two features I highly value.
I've been casually looking at decent IWB holsters for a while and just ordered 2 ventcores. Thanks for bringing Stealth Gear to my attention.
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I have reviewed many holsters on my site http://selfdefensecarry.com (which has been inactive since my diagnosis — May sell it) and have now opted for simplicity, effective safety and access and light weight. I think the hybrids are too complicated and not all that comfortable for me. I prefer hand formed kydex appropriate to the weapon size and weight. My go-to maker is pjholsters for IWB and OWB.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I have a simple kydex holster for my M&P 2.0 compact but it's like no holter at all, it's like having a chunk of hard steel wedged in my pants. It's probably a body type thing but I can't be comfortable without a little more cushion between me and the slide. I could probably live with an equally simple holster made of leather but then you don't get the same retention or ease of reholstering as with kydex or a hybrid.

The Onyx I have is a bit bulky, but they've since redesigned all their holsters and most are more trimmed down.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Paul’s have an integral slide guard. I find them very comfortable. Carried a Ruger SR9c for a few years in one both appendix and behind the hip, which I prefer these days and had no issues. I think it is a personal thing and that’s why we all have a box of holsters. I just ordered another IWB from him for my new Ruger EC9s. So it will be Paul for IWB and Dave Bullard leather belt slide for OWB.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

Team Innovation
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I have 2 options that I have used almost daily for years now. A Whitehatholsters MaxTuck when I am not going to be seated all day, or my minimalist DeSantis 106v5 shown below. It allows me to tuck while still being small enough to carry anywhere between 6 o clock and 2 o clock (I'm right handed).

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

I tried tucking my shirt a few times. Now, I just wear it under a loose shirt or on rare occasions openly.

Team Innovation