Boker Plus Kwaiken Carbon Fiber Knife (01BO298) by Lucas Burnley

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Wavester

Boker Plus Kwaiken Carbon Fiber Knife (01BO298) by Lucas Burnley

Post by Wavester »

*EDITED - Determined that Wavester64 videos are not in the best interest of our forum. Link removed. - Taz*
Studey

Re: Boker Plus Kwaiken Carbon Fiber Knife (01BO298) by Lucas Burnley

Post by Studey »

Dude. Enough. This is spam.
Wavester

Post by Wavester »

When I asked permission to post here and how often I could post YT reviews, one member or mod said post all I want, i believe "until my fingers hurt" now I am getting told its spam. I don't understand. It's reviews of knives - something I thought we all had a passion for.
Studey wrote:Dude. Enough. This is spam.
Studey

Post by Studey »

It's not the posting of reviews, it's the new thread for each and every one. Make a Spyderco review thread in general and group them all in it. Make a non-Spyderco review thread here in off topic and group all of the non -Spyderco reviews in it.

Also...you aren't posting reviews of knives. You're posting links, to get us to go somewhere else. You don't share pics, descriptions, info, anything. You just put a link up, hoping we'll click on it and get linked over to YT so your view count goes up.

It's cool you're doing reviews, but making multiple new threads every day with zero content, only a link, is spam. If I want to watch a YT review, I'll go there. Share some info here, but please stop doing it in this format. The fact that MULTIPLE members have told you the same thing should tell you something.
Wavester

Post by Wavester »

How about the members who might enjoy my videos who are not as vocal...what does that tell me? Anyway, this is not what I wanted. I can see all the fuss if I was making money on YouTube, but I am not. If I was strictly a Spyderco Forum dweller, I would appreciate someone posting individual link reviews to knives so I can choose which link/knife I choose to check out and which I do not. I had ALL the information in my descriptions in the videos - when I started posting links I did not think about posting the same information here. I had just figured if the person was interested in a particular knife, they can read it there when they click on the link. Anyway, thanks for your input. I will lessen or rethink posting any content here since I am not getting the reaction I thought I would be getting. It has nothing to do with views on YT...its just one person's love for ALL types of knives and I wanted to share my experience. Take care.
Studey wrote:It's not the posting of reviews, it's the new thread for each and every one. Make a Spyderco review thread in general and group them all in it. Make a non-Spyderco review thread here in off topic and group all of the non -Spyderco reviews in it.

Also...you aren't posting reviews of knives. You're posting links, to get us to go somewhere else. You don't share pics, descriptions, info, anything. You just put a link up, hoping we'll click on it and get linked over to YT so your view count goes up.

It's cool you're doing reviews, but making multiple new threads every day with zero content, only a link, is spam. If I want to watch a YT review, I'll go there. Share some info here, but please stop doing it in this format. The fact that MULTIPLE members have told you the same thing should tell you something.
EDC Honeybee

Post by EDC Honeybee »

I understand your position and have been in your shoes Wavester. What you will learn in time, and are maybe learning now, posting many videos to forums, reddit, twitter, facebook, etc. will yield short term gains. But it will also gain you some dislike by the community. Consider that many people here have thousands of posts and come here to talk with their friends and fellow enthusiasts. You have pretty much single-handedly doubled the number of new threads being created. I am sure your motivations aren't malicious, but you will likely get pushback from any social media when using this technique. I understand the mods made a distinction in the other thread about including purchase links with the videos to gain money through referrals. But as you and I know, views are also valuable for the CPM. It seems to me that you are seeking to increase views rather than be a part of the community.

It is much better to gain views organically through others sharing your videos. I have been writing a book "The Youtube Bible" that is basically a guide for youtubers. As a gesture to maybe encourage you to change how you go about posting, I have PM'ed you the social media chapter of the book. It explains in greater detail the hows and whys of what I said above.

In any event, it looks like you have a nice channel and are putting effort into your content and promotion. Best of luck on your channel.
Wavester

Post by Wavester »

Very much appreciated reply! Thank you so much for your input, suggestions, and kind comments! :)
EDC Honeybee wrote:I understand your position and have been in your shoes Wavester. What you will learn in time, and are maybe learning now, posting many videos to forums, reddit, twitter, facebook, etc. will yield short term gains. But it will also gain you some dislike by the community. Consider that many people here have thousands of posts and come here to talk with their friends and fellow enthusiasts. You have pretty much single-handedly doubled the number of new threads being created. I am sure your motivations aren't malicious, but you will likely get pushback from any social media when using this technique. I understand the mods made a distinction in the other thread about including purchase links with the videos to gain money through referrals. But as you and I know, views are also valuable for the CPM. It seems to me that you are seeking to increase views rather than be a part of the community.

It is much better to gain views organically through others sharing your videos. I have been writing a book "The Youtube Bible" that is basically a guide for youtubers. As a gesture to maybe encourage you to change how you go about posting, I have PM'ed you the social media chapter of the book. It explains in greater detail the hows and whys of what I said above.

In any event, it looks like you have a nice channel and are putting effort into your content and promotion. Best of luck on your channel.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

IIke the Kwaiken especially the Titanium VG10 version with flipper