Out of control

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
dsvirsky

Re: Out of control

Post by dsvirsky »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I am sorry for your loss but I am not surprised. They have not been allowing sharp things into sporting events for years. Since 9/11 I am sure all stadiums ban them but even before that I believe many did.
Sorry you lost your knife to stupidity (not yours). I believe MLB has banned weapons from their stadiums. Makes me glad we have minor league baseball here. No security checkpoint and no signs banning weapons.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

jabba359 wrote:
Blerv wrote:I'm sure people know where I stand.
Oh, so now you're rubbing it in the face of cripples who are wheelchair bound? :mad: Where's that ignore button... :p

HaHa! That actually made me laugh. :D
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Would this work, or not likely? You know how some people have psychological "comfort things" like blankets and dollies and animals and they have actually gotten psychologists to give them signed letters saying they need to carry these with them? Could we knife people do the same thing? Could we say "Sir or Ma`am, I NEED to carry this knife on me at all times for my psychological well-being. I am not making a threat. I am simply saying that my emotional well being requires me to have this particular knife with me where I can feel it and know it is here." ? :)
Holzfaeller

Post by Holzfaeller »

I find it interesting that laws regarding knives are growing more relaxed in many areas while private enterprise adopts a zero-tolerance policy. In my state switchblades, dirks, daggers, and knives with blades over four inches are no longer illegal, while many of my friends tell me that they can't take a pocket knife into their place of employment for fear of being fired.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Holzfaeller wrote:I find it interesting that laws regarding knives are growing more relaxed in many areas while private enterprise adopts a zero-tolerance policy. In my state switchblades, dirks, daggers, and knives with blades over four inches are no longer illegal, while many of my friends tell me that they can't take a pocket knife into their place of employment for fear of being fired.
It's not all that unusual for personal freedoms to be restricted in the workplace. Employers can restrict what employees are allowed to say and what they're allowed to wear, among other things. In the case of knives, liability concerns (real or imagined) in the event of an accident may be a factor.
SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Would this work, or not likely? You know how some people have psychological "comfort things" like blankets and dollies and animals and they have actually gotten psychologists to give them signed letters saying they need to carry these with them? Could we knife people do the same thing? Could we say "Sir or Ma`am, I NEED to carry this knife on me at all times for my psychological well-being. I am not making a threat. I am simply saying that my emotional well being requires me to have this particular knife with me where I can feel it and know it is here." ? :)
Boss: "Why do you have a knife when it's clearly against the rules?"

You: "Well boss, here's a note from my doctor saying I need to have a knife for my emotional health."

Boss: "So, you're admitting that you brought a knife to work because you're emotionally unstable?"

That's gonna play well at work. ;) Even better with a cop. :eek:
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
SpyderEdgeForever

Good point Deacon :)
v8r

Post by v8r »

Texas state fair you cannot have a knife period. If you have a CHL you can carry your side arm, but not your knife......
SpyderEdgeForever

v8r wrote:Texas state fair you cannot have a knife period. If you have a CHL you can carry your side arm, but not your knife......
The same state that just unveiled the world's largest bowie knife:

http://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/te ... owie-knife
v8r

Post by v8r »

Yeah it's also illegal to carry a Bowie knife in Texas as well.....a knife that the state is kind of known for?