Time for a tiny carry!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Knivesinedc

Time for a tiny carry!

Post by Knivesinedc »

So recently, ive become hooked on carrying not but a very small, generally sheeple friendly knife. I carried my manix and lil matriarch yesterday, but today I will be carrying only my boker nano decade edition. its a very small, rounded, chubby knife, with not much of a point. This is my tiny carry for now. Unfortunately, funds are very tight right now, and there is no room for purchasing a dragonfly, ladybug, manbug etc. I would absolutely love to get my hands on a dog tag, but i just don't have the cash, not even for the cf/g10 dog tag. So for now, ill keep chugging along with my little boker. It is quite a superb knife though, don't get me wrong. Definitely a small knife that feels like it could handle a lot more than its size would lead you to believe.
EDC Honeybee

Re: Time for a tiny carry!

Post by EDC Honeybee »

I love tiny knives. I usually carry a mini knife and a main blade so I can choose if I need to be sheeple friendly or not. Sometimes its just fun to have something so tiny.

My favorite mini-knives are:
Leatherman squirt
Spyderco Honeybee
Spyderco DF2 ZDP (modded to be sheeps foot)
CRKT peck ( I have two, one is awesome, one is garbage. QC lacking)
A very small double bladed slipjoint made by imperial
My pen-knife friction folder
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I always have a Ladybug with me, just for the times when I don't wanna freak people out with my main EDC.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

I always carry a small blade in addition to a larger folder, usually its my SB manbug but sometimes an air or jester etc, its my shirt pocket blade, I probably use my small blade more just because I'm sitting at a desk most days so its easier to get to than my RFP blade.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

I'm seriously considering getting a very small Case knife (Peanut). With it's tiny size, traditional look, and stag handles; only the most die-hard sheeple will freak out when it gets taken out in public.
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

A small knife can still do a lot and is easy to take anywhere anytime. I have always carried two knives, after the old adage "2 is 1 and 1 is None".

My small knife of choice is one of my Chaparrals, although I doubt that anyone would consider the Chap as a tiny knife. I carry it usually in my left shirt pocket, with my Military clipped in my right back pocket. Interestingly enough I left the Military in storage for a week just to see if I could get by with only the Chap. I was horrified to find that I easily could!!

But after carrying the big Military everyday for some years I felt like something was missing, so I put it back in my back pocket, use it some everyday like I always did before, and feel much better. The little Chap gets used everyday too, and each knife has its uses, but I can get by with only the small knife just fine if I have to. Actually the Chaparral is my favorite knife, and even the sheeple think my Ti Chaps are "pretty". :)
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I carried this duo for a long time. You can get just about any job done with these two. Once the 52100 Military drops I'll be back around to this combo again.
~David
awa54

Post by awa54 »

I used to carry a Schrade 3OT as my every day work knife. Back before good pocket clips were common it was a perfect size for in-pocket carry without being a nuisance.

That old Schrade+ stainless was pretty decent too, took a nice edge and held it fairly well.
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

I frequently go out dangerously armed with a Manbug and a Vic Classic. I do not really need anything else. But, I also love my Delicas, Chaparral, and Dragonflies.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Very cool everyone. Its almost like you got the big brother and little brother, when you carry a larger and smaller knife. How about an Endura or Pacific Salt, and, a Lady Bug Salt?
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I have an all steel Dragonfly on my keychain rigged to a large steel ring via a smaller one like comes on a little Maglite Solitaire. This allows you to place your little finger in the larger ring like a Karambit and gives the feel of a much larger knife and aids in retention. I use this knife more than any other when sitting in the car and don't want to struggle trying to fish a knife out of a pocket. This knife is large and strong enough for anything including last ditch self defense.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

RanCoWeAla wrote:I have an all steel Dragonfly on my keychain rigged to a large steel ring via a smaller one like comes on a little Maglite Solitaire. This allows you to place your little finger in the larger ring like a Karambit and gives the feel of a much larger knife and aids in retention. I use this knife more than any other when sitting in the car and don't want to struggle trying to fish a knife out of a pocket. This knife is large and strong enough for anything including last ditch self defense.
You may like something like this then..

~David
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

SAK classic is always with me, whether I'm carrying a DF2, or a 0452CF. It's always useful, and more often that not the only knife I "need" .
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

I carried a Boker Subcom, Kershaw OD2, and CRKT Kiss for a looong time... also a Wright knife...
I looked at that Nano awhile ago also. Kind of a cool little design.

Also have a GEC EO25.

Of course, I often rotate through the Manbug, Ladybug/hawk, and Jester & Dyad Jr.

My SAK still sits in a drawer... for some reason I never grab it.
Going back to Caly.
harronek

Post by harronek »

I carry a " tiny knife " on my key ring .
No one has ever questioned me about carrying a knife out in the open for everyone to see .

Ken
Thorien

Post by Thorien »

I'd recommend the Roadie, great little size to fit on you key ring and also very sheeple friendly.
Plus very decent manufacture and steel.

this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

No matter what else I have on me, I always have a Victorinox Executive in my pocket.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Where did you find that belt
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

This reminds me how badly I want to get a Squarehead, once all this Sprint and Exclusive madness settles down!

I'd like a Roadie, also, but it's not as high on my list...
Going back to Caly.
harronek

Post by harronek »

RanCoWeAla wrote:Where did you find that belt

I made it myself .

Ken