What "others" are in the mail?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
User avatar
MichaelScott
Member
Posts: 2589
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 am
Location: Southern Colorado

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby MichaelScott » Sun May 05, 2019 11:40 am

Will do. I am a fool for quality, hand made traditionals.
What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger. Except infantry. Infantry will kill you.

“It looked like a stampede of buffalo.” — Runs The Enemy

http://acehotel.blog

User avatar
knivesandbooks
Member
Posts: 1146
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby knivesandbooks » Sun May 05, 2019 3:06 pm

MichaelScott wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:08 am
Image

Great Eastern Cutlery #25 Barlow, OD Micarta scale covers. To me, this is one of the classic American traditional pocket knives. I am 76 and can dimly remember Barlow’s being carried by adults in my youth. This particular run was done in 2017 so I missed out on them, as did most Great Eastern Cutlery afis. But, I finally found one at a decent price. Should be here next week.
If you end up not agreeing with her, let me know. I'd love to adopt her. That run looked so good. Supposed to be a pretty stiff pull, a real worker's barlow.
I own an assisted knife and am embarrassed to admit I enjoy it.

User avatar
MichaelScott
Member
Posts: 2589
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 am
Location: Southern Colorado

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby MichaelScott » Sun May 05, 2019 9:04 pm

Knivesandbooks, will certainly do.

Today I discovered that the same seller had one more, so I bought it too. Like it or not, I seem to be a knife nut collector at heart. Right now restricted to Spyderco and Great Eastern Cutlery.

Image
What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger. Except infantry. Infantry will kill you.

“It looked like a stampede of buffalo.” — Runs The Enemy

http://acehotel.blog

User avatar
SpyderEdgeForever
Member
Posts: 6301
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:53 pm
Location: USA

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby SpyderEdgeForever » Mon May 06, 2019 9:56 pm

Extra330SC wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:47 am
Coldsteel AD10


James
That looks like an amazing monster of a piece of edged tool. When you do receive it, can you give us a short review of how you like the feel and how it looks to you from your perspective? That would be greatly appreciated.

User avatar
MichaelScott
Member
Posts: 2589
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 am
Location: Southern Colorado

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby MichaelScott » Mon May 06, 2019 10:47 pm

Image
What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger. Except infantry. Infantry will kill you.

“It looked like a stampede of buffalo.” — Runs The Enemy

http://acehotel.blog

User avatar
Bdubs808
Member
Posts: 585
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:11 pm
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby Bdubs808 » Sun May 12, 2019 9:35 am

There is a Benchmade Anthem 781 in bound to my PO Box. I've been wanting another integral handle knife since I got the Nirvana.
The Paysan looks awesome and I will get it some day, though I do hope Spyderco does a "mono-frame" with a 3 inch range blade eventually.
:spyder:

User avatar
knivesandbooks
Member
Posts: 1146
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby knivesandbooks » Fri May 17, 2019 11:36 am

Couldn't help grabbing one while there were still some left. I'm a sucker for nice toothpicks and camel bone.
Here's is specefic one I'm receiving.

Image

Image
I own an assisted knife and am embarrassed to admit I enjoy it.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5010
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby MacLaren » Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pm

knivesandbooks wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:36 am
Couldn't help grabbing one while there were still some left. I'm a sucker for nice toothpicks and camel bone.
Here's is specefic one I'm receiving.

Image

Image
Wow. Congratulations.
Keep us posted?

User avatar
knivesandbooks
Member
Posts: 1146
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby knivesandbooks » Fri May 17, 2019 1:43 pm

MacLaren wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:34 pm
knivesandbooks wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:36 am
Couldn't help grabbing one while there were still some left. I'm a sucker for nice toothpicks and camel bone.
Here's is specefic one I'm receiving.

Image

Image
Wow. Congratulations.
Keep us posted?
Of course. Hopefully the color turns out as nice as it looks in the pictures.
I own an assisted knife and am embarrassed to admit I enjoy it.

VashHash
Member
Posts: 3405
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby VashHash » Tue May 21, 2019 10:42 am

Image
Image
I found a good deal on it. Wanted to see what all the hype was about. XM-24. Seller's pictures.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5010
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby MacLaren » Tue May 21, 2019 2:12 pm

VashHash wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:42 am
Image
Image
I found a good deal on it. Wanted to see what all the hype was about. XM-24. Seller's pictures.
The XM-24 that I had was a Wharnie. And, the action was decent. Build quality just outstanding.
Now, the Gen 6 models are just outstanding both ways imo.
That's s really nice XM-24 you have. Congratz man

User avatar
knivesandbooks
Member
Posts: 1146
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby knivesandbooks » Tue May 21, 2019 3:33 pm

MacLaren wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:12 pm
VashHash wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:42 am
Image
Image
I found a good deal on it. Wanted to see what all the hype was about. XM-24. Seller's pictures.
The XM-24 that I had was a Wharnie. And, the action was decent. Build quality just outstanding.
Now, the Gen 6 models are just outstanding both ways imo.
That's s really nice XM-24 you have. Congratz man
Is the detent any better on the Gen. 6's? The super weak detent on my nonflipper gen 5 xm18 turned me off. It was one if the weakest detents I've used.
I own an assisted knife and am embarrassed to admit I enjoy it.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5010
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby MacLaren » Tue May 21, 2019 5:03 pm

knivesandbooks wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 3:33 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:12 pm
VashHash wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:42 am
Image
Image
I found a good deal on it. Wanted to see what all the hype was about. XM-24. Seller's pictures.
The XM-24 that I had was a Wharnie. And, the action was decent. Build quality just outstanding.
Now, the Gen 6 models are just outstanding both ways imo.
That's s really nice XM-24 you have. Congratz man
Is the detent any better on the Gen. 6's? The super weak detent on my nonflipper gen 5 xm18 turned me off. It was one if the weakest detents I've used.
Imo, it's just night and day difference between Gen6 and all other gens.
The Gen 6 models I've had have been utterly perfect imo.
But, that isn't to say that there aren't some very nice gen5 and below models out there too.

User avatar
Crux
Member
Posts: 1296
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:29 pm
Location: North Carolina USA

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby Crux » Fri May 24, 2019 9:18 pm

My latest Mail Order Bride should arrive next week. I hope she brings the friggin knife we agreed to in our nuptials. I specified a Para 3 sprint otherwise it's annulment and possibly an attack on her village.
Can you find it and can it cut? :eek:

Extra330SC
Member
Posts: 748
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:17 pm
Location: Encinitas, CALIFORNIA

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby Extra330SC » Mon May 27, 2019 2:24 pm

Had fun ordering non spyderco fixed blades today!

TOPS Operator 7
TOPS Tex Creek 20th Anniversary Limited edition
Becker BK 11 with Micarta scales


Still trying to decide on ESEE PR4 or Becker BK62... :cool:

James

User avatar
Spydergirl88
Member
Posts: 5198
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:42 pm

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby Spydergirl88 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:24 pm

Victorinox Huntsman and Fox Mini TA Karambit
Team Wire Clip
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

murphjd25
Member
Posts: 2128
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Bothell,WA

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby murphjd25 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:48 pm

FINALLY!!

CPK FK2 in OD green micarta and Delta 3V!!!! :) :) :)
Josh

VashHash
Member
Posts: 3405
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby VashHash » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:37 am

murphjd25 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:48 pm
FINALLY!!

CPK FK2 in OD green micarta and Delta 3V!!!! :) :) :)
It's so hard to get one from them. You have to just be waiting for a post. I'll get one of their choppers one day.

VashHash
Member
Posts: 3405
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby VashHash » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:57 am

Well looks like I happened upon the sales thread and now my medium Chopper from carothers is inbound.

murphjd25
Member
Posts: 2128
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Bothell,WA

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Postby murphjd25 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:45 pm

VashHash wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:57 am
Well looks like I happened upon the sales thread and now my medium Chopper from carothers is inbound.
Wahoo
Josh


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rbb2, Surfingringo and 6 guests