What "others" are in the mail?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ramonade

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Post by Ramonade »

Not really "in the mail" per se, but a friend that is in the Army gifted me their new service folder.
That's a really nice gift ! It would not be a knife I'd buy, but knowing that he has one too and that this model will travel everywhere, it's a nice object to have.

:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Found a GEC Bayou Trapper in stock. Now out of stock and headed my way!
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Bdubs808

Post by Bdubs808 »

Bdubs808 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:17 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:59 pm
Good for you! Did you get it from KnifeWorks? I've seen those sitting there for longer than I expected. The matte finish looks great in person too. Post it up when you get it!
Thanks bud, yes I did in fact order it from Knifeworks. Almost got the micarta instead, will share some pics when it arrives.
And here it is, expectations exceeded. A perfect knife.
Also came with a leather pouch. Haven't owned any leather in a while, forgot how good it smells.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Bdubs808 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:41 pm
Bdubs808 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:17 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:59 pm
Good for you! Did you get it from KnifeWorks? I've seen those sitting there for longer than I expected. The matte finish looks great in person too. Post it up when you get it!
Thanks bud, yes I did in fact order it from Knifeworks. Almost got the micarta instead, will share some pics when it arrives.
And here it is, expectations exceeded. A perfect knife.
Also came with a leather pouch. Haven't owned any leather in a while, forgot how good it smells.
Looks great!! Nice grain work as well. Those tight tolerances are something else arent they!? Those pouches are around $40 if you buy them separately, so it's nice when they include them!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JRinFL wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:17 am
Found a GEC Bayou Trapper in stock. Now out of stock and headed my way!
I look forward to seeing it ! Dan
MNOSD 0002 / Do more than is required of you . Patton
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Ramonade wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:15 pm
Not really "in the mail" per se, but a friend that is in the Army gifted me their new service folder.
That's a really nice gift ! It would not be a knife I'd buy, but knowing that he has one too and that this model will travel everywhere, it's a nice object to have.

I like it ! Are they available on the open market ? Do you know the manufacturer ? Nice knife and friend . Dan
Nothing makes earth so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes.
Henry David Thoreau
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:54 pm
Ramonade wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:15 pm
I like it ! Are they available on the open market ? Do you know the manufacturer ? Nice knife and friend . Dan
Yes they are available, altough with some changes in the writings on the blade. The manufacturer is a french company going by the name TB Outdoor.
And yes again, it's a nice gift to make to a knife afi ! They sell those to civilians for 97€, with or without the corkscrew (if a french soldier loses his knife, soldiers from another country will now where it came from :squinting-tongue ). I think this is a big bad-*** knife, but the "Nitrox" steel is really soft compared to nowadays steels. It's at something like 55 Hrc, it's filled with N2O instead of carbon, a bit like sandvik's steels.

IIRC TB Outdoors made them this way so soldiers could easily give an edge back to they knife. It works, you can even reprofile in two passes :grin-sweat
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Thank you ,Ramonade . Interesting, Dan
Henry David Thoreau
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Y’all probably be seeing this little Ember 2.5 every day 😂
Josh
PStone

Post by PStone »

Curtiss medium F3 slim flipper slicer in Magnacut.

If anyone is looking, KnifeworldWV.com has more variations in Magnacut as of this post. And NewGraham has at least one medium F3 in Magnacut.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I saw this knife, had to be around a year ago and thought it was pretty interesting. Came across it again a few weeks back and suddenly felt like I needed to track one down, I just needed it for some reason. Their not in stock ANYWHERE. I reached out to Finch Knives just for the heck of it to see if they would be doing another run of this knife. I was advised that it wasn't likely and that they don't have any on hand. Then, just a few days later the same gentlemen I was emailing with got ahold of me to say that he has ONE...their photographer had it for some photos. Safe to say, it will be mine now. I love those scales, the bolster, the unique blade shape. I can't wait to have this little guy in hand!

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/FNCHAR ... one-inlays

-Rick
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

B'made Tengu. Knife Center had a good deal plus $10 reward bucks, so I had to get one. I'd be losing money by not buying one! :rofl 💸
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

JRinFL wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:31 pm
B'made Tengu. Knife Center had a good deal plus $10 reward bucks, so I had to get one. I'd be losing money by not buying one! :rofl 💸
I got the email too . Nice knife sometimes Simple speaks volumes . I’m getting into another BM mood again maybe another auto .
Henry David Thoreau
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:26 am
I saw this knife, had to be around a year ago and thought it was pretty interesting. Came across it again a few weeks back and suddenly felt like I needed to track one down, I just needed it for some reason. Their not in stock ANYWHERE. I reached out to Finch Knives just for the heck of it to see if they would be doing another run of this knife. I was advised that it wasn't likely and that they don't have any on hand. Then, just a few days later the same gentlemen I was emailing with got ahold of me to say that he has ONE...their photographer had it for some photos. Safe to say, it will be mine now. I love those scales, the bolster, the unique blade shape. I can't wait to have this little guy in hand!

Very nice! Sad they don't make them anymore, looks like a good design.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

B'made Adamas Mini in Red Micarta & Cruwear. They caught me in a moment of weakness with just the right combo.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

abbazaba wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:45 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:26 am

Very nice! Sad they don't make them anymore, looks like a good design.
That video in the link on the KnifeCenter page sold me a while back. I've never seen scales quite like those. Just a very unique little knife. For some reason it gives me the feeling of fall mornings at my grandparents farm when I was a kid, brings some kind of memory back and I'd like to have that in my possession!

Not to sound snooty either, but seeing an "other" for only $135... I couldn't pass up that opportunity. We all know how dangerous this "others" section is around here. That feels like peanuts haha!

-Rick
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

ImageOrdered this morning ! MG2
Henry David Thoreau
Granoo Fink

Post by Granoo Fink »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 10:24 am
A Terävä Skrama 200.

Great one, congrats and have fun!
Manixguy@1994

Post by Manixguy@1994 »

Granoo Fink wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 1:35 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
A Terävä Skrama 200.

Thanks , I only ordered with sleeve to use to have a custom sheath made . I like the 240 and the 140 models as well . Hope to collaborate a small review with another member who uses the 240 in the future . MG2
Henry David Thoreau
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Manixguy@1994 wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 1:55 pm
Granoo Fink wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 1:35 pm
Manixguy@1994 wrote:
A Terävä Skrama 200.

Thanks , I only ordered with sleeve to use to have a custom sheath made . I like the 240 and the 140 models as well . Hope to collaborate a small review with another member who uses the 240 in the future . MG2
Will he be traveling back to our time for the review, or do you have wait to catch up to his time? :exploding-head :rofl
M.N.O.S.D. 0001