What "others" are in the mail?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
steelcity16

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Post by steelcity16 »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:25 am

That's a beast! :eek:

No doubt! It was designed to be as tough as a fixed blade and it sure seems like it will live up to it. There were some reports of stuff that some of the older prototypes were put through and it is pretty impressive.

Where is Vivi? You need one of these! It feels a lot like a slightly larger and beefier Manix XL in Titanium and D3V. :eek:

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
Eratus

Post by Eratus »

A TRM Nerd. Really excited about the brand and to see how this little guy will fit in my XXXL hands...
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Heretic Manticore S Blue D/E
Josh
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

Eratus wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:18 am
A TRM Nerd. Really excited about the brand and to see how this little guy will fit in my XXXL hands...
Nice! I'm definitely curious about the Nerds. I've got the Atom and the Neutron.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
Eratus

Post by Eratus »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:43 am
Eratus wrote:
Nice! I'm definitely curious about the Nerds. I've got the Atom and the Neutron.
They both look awesome, Shadow looks sweet also, like the Nerds uncle or something.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Buck 105GRS1 Pro in S35V. I originally was looking at 119 Pros, but felt it was way more than I needed or wanted. The 102 was in close competition, but I felt it was a wee bit too small. I have Bradfords that fill that role.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
Lumpy

Post by Lumpy »

Wakui migaki 240mm gyuto in shirogami 2 steel.
Can’t wait!
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Large Sebenza 21 :D

Unfortunately, USPS is doing USPS things..
:mad:

Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

DSH007 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:37 am

Nice! So what flavor did you get?
- Julia

SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

****. The spyder hole was a big enough, no way I can step in that now!
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:39 pm
DSH007 wrote:

It's the "Mediterranean" graphic model. Haha I normally don't prefer any sort of graphic on a knife but this one seemed a little bit more subdued than some of the others and I actually like it it quite a bit.. it's like a "village by the ocean" kind of scene.

Haha, I'd share a pic, but it's not looking good for delivery today either.. I know USPS is busy.. "pandemic," "unprecedented volumes" and all that.. and I'm generally sympathetic to that.. but the lack of tracking updates and no new estimated delivery date is starting to get me a little nervous here haha. In 100+ transactions, I've never had USPS not deliver a knife (some have been late, yes, but none went undelivered), so I'm trying to remain positive.. then again, knowing me and my luck, I also wouldn't be surprised if this $500 Sebenza is my first knife they lose in the back of a mail truck haha. I'm remaining hopeful that it shows up soon.. wish me luck haha! :)
Rick H.

DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Eratus wrote:
Nice! The Nerd is definitely a small knife, but I find it works well enough in the hand for what it is (I have XL hands). It's not the most ergonomic knife in a standard grip as the "choil" is just not quite large enough to be a full index finger choil, but I wouldn't call the ergonomics "bad." The knife is quite comfortable in a pinch-grip, or gripped with your index finger on the spine of the blade. Depending on which scales you have, the Nerd can be a little slick. I love the look of the rosewood scales, but I put the micarta ones on mine and haven't looked back.. I prefer the added traction they offer. The knife is excellent in the pocket.. absolutely disappears, stays out of the way of anything else in the pocket.. it's very nice to carry. Overall, if you're into small knives, my opinion is that the Nerd is a pretty d@mn good one!

TRM in general.. excellent! Let us know what you think when it arrives! :)
Rick H.

Eratus

Post by Eratus »

DSH007 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:16 am
Eratus wrote:
Nice! The Nerd is definitely a small knife, but I find it works well enough in the hand for what it is (I have XL hands). It's not the most ergonomic knife in a standard grip as the "choil" is just not quite large enough to be a full index finger choil, but I wouldn't call the ergonomics "bad." The knife is quite comfortable in a pinch-grip, or gripped with your index finger on the spine of the blade. Depending on which scales you have, the Nerd can be a little slick. I love the look of the rosewood scales, but I put the micarta ones on mine and haven't looked back.. I prefer the added traction they offer. The knife is excellent in the pocket.. absolutely disappears, stays out of the way of anything else in the pocket.. it's very nice to carry. Overall, if you're into small knives, my opinion is that the Nerd is a pretty d@mn good one!

TRM in general.. excellent! Let us know what you think when it arrives! :)
What you say sounds just like all the research I have done on the knife. I work in an office environment and I need the smallest blade possible that’s not gimmicky. I have seen some people filing down the edge closest to the choil. Not sure if I’ll do that, but it’s an option I guess.

I was actually deciding between the Nerd and Lil Native, but in the end the Nerd won out. I wanted the lil native in a better steel, was looking at the Rex 45–version. But that had required a scale swap and in the end it would have cost me around $300 with shipping, customs and tax. So the Nerd is actually a bit cheaper.

I’ll probably have to wait for a couple of weeks until I get it, but I’ll post my first impressions.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Hinderer Eklipse Harpoon Spanto 20CV
DLT just got a handful in...still some left...
All gone now.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

DSH007 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:50 am
JuPaul wrote:
DSH007 wrote:

It's the "Mediterranean" graphic model. Haha I normally don't prefer any sort of graphic on a knife but this one seemed a little bit more subdued than some of the others and I actually like it it quite a bit.. it's like a "village by the ocean" kind of scene.

Haha, I'd share a pic, but it's not looking good for delivery today either.. I know USPS is busy.. "pandemic," "unprecedented volumes" and all that.. and I'm generally sympathetic to that.. but the lack of tracking updates and no new estimated delivery date is starting to get me a little nervous here haha. In 100+ transactions, I've never had USPS not deliver a knife (some have been late, yes, but none went undelivered), so I'm trying to remain positive.. then again, knowing me and my luck, I also wouldn't be surprised if this $500 Sebenza is my first knife they lose in the back of a mail truck haha. I'm remaining hopeful that it shows up soon.. wish me luck haha! :)
USPS tracking system is majorly glitching the last few days. I've had 3 packages go from "usps in possession of item" to "usps awaiting item." 🤔 And I had them scanned and got a receipt for them at the PO. Something ain't right...
- Julia

DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:20 pm
DSH007 wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
DSH007 wrote:

USPS tracking system is majorly glitching the last few days. I've had 3 packages go from "usps in possession of item" to "usps awaiting item." 🤔 And I had them scanned and got a receipt for them at the PO. Something ain't right...
It's here and it's magnificent!!

Haha after almost four days with no tracking scans at all, my package finally popped back up on the radar last night and was delivered this morning! You're absolutely correct, USPS tracking has been pretty wonky lately..

As far as the knife goes.. I finally had my "ah-ha" moment with CRK. My Sm 31 is nice. This Lg 21 is FANTASTIC! Perfect out of the box with a beautiful action and no perceptible blade-play. I think I finally understand "Sebenza smooth" haha! I'm at work now, I'll post some pics later! :D
Rick H.

cody6268

Post by cody6268 »

AG Russells. I had a small, Japanese-made titanium-handle penknife that was great, but I lost it. These are my first bought new. At $90, this is the most I've spent on knives in a LONG while.

One-Hand Featherweight, clip-point blade/AUS-8 steel.
k-93c10-b10.jpg
Hunter Scalpel: AUS-10, orange handle.
ru-t914-or_10a.jpg
Woodswalker, leather hip-pocket sheath.
agprs.jpg
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

Hinderer XM24
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

DSH007 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:43 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:20 pm
DSH007 wrote:
JuPaul wrote:

It's here and it's magnificent!!

Haha after almost four days with no tracking scans at all, my package finally popped back up on the radar last night and was delivered this morning! You're absolutely correct, USPS tracking has been pretty wonky lately..

As far as the knife goes.. I finally had my "ah-ha" moment with CRK. My Sm 31 is nice. This Lg 21 is FANTASTIC! Perfect out of the box with a beautiful action and no perceptible blade-play. I think I finally understand "Sebenza smooth" haha! I'm at work now, I'll post some pics later! :D
Yep. So, I may or may not have gotten a large 31 recently...you know, for scientific comparison...anyhooo...it's so beautiful, and I really like that the machining hole on the scales is gone, but the action is so much stiffer than on my 21. I really hope it'll break in. I'm planning to take it apart to clean it this weekend. We'll see if that helps, too.
- Julia

JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

cody6268 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:41 pm
AG Russells. I had a small, Japanese-made titanium-handle penknife that was great, but I lost it. These are my first bought new. At $90, this is the most I've spent on knives in a LONG while.

One-Hand Featherweight, clip-point blade/AUS-8 steel.

k-93c10-b10.jpg

Hunter Scalpel: AUS-10, orange handle.

ru-t914-or_10a.jpg

Woodswalker, leather hip-pocket sheath.

agprs.jpg
I have a Woodswalker. AG was always way out ahead of others with many of his designs. I have been tempted by the other two models as well, but have not yet jumped.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001