What "others" are in the mail?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I'm feeling the pressure to grab me a Large 21!!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:24 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:43 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:20 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:50 am

It's the "Mediterranean" graphic model. Haha I normally don't prefer any sort of graphic on a knife but this one seemed a little bit more subdued than some of the others and I actually like it it quite a bit.. it's like a "village by the ocean" kind of scene.

Haha, I'd share a pic, but it's not looking good for delivery today either.. I know USPS is busy.. "pandemic," "unprecedented volumes" and all that.. and I'm generally sympathetic to that.. but the lack of tracking updates and no new estimated delivery date is starting to get me a little nervous here haha. In 100+ transactions, I've never had USPS not deliver a knife (some have been late, yes, but none went undelivered), so I'm trying to remain positive.. then again, knowing me and my luck, I also wouldn't be surprised if this $500 Sebenza is my first knife they lose in the back of a mail truck haha. I'm remaining hopeful that it shows up soon.. wish me luck haha! :)
USPS tracking system is majorly glitching the last few days. I've had 3 packages go from "usps in possession of item" to "usps awaiting item." 🤔 And I had them scanned and got a receipt for them at the PO. Something ain't right...
It's here and it's magnificent!!

Haha after almost four days with no tracking scans at all, my package finally popped back up on the radar last night and was delivered this morning! You're absolutely correct, USPS tracking has been pretty wonky lately..

As far as the knife goes.. I finally had my "ah-ha" moment with CRK. My Sm 31 is nice. This Lg 21 is FANTASTIC! Perfect out of the box with a beautiful action and no perceptible blade-play. I think I finally understand "Sebenza smooth" haha! I'm at work now, I'll post some pics later! :D
Yep. So, I may or may not have gotten a large 31 recently...you know, for scientific comparison...anyhooo...it's so beautiful, and I really like that the machining hole on the scales is gone, but the action is so much stiffer than on my 21. I really hope it'll break in. I'm planning to take it apart to clean it this weekend. We'll see if that helps, too.
Ahahah, buying knives in the name of science.. love it! :D

My Sm 31 was very stiff out of the box, but carrying exclusively for the last week and a half has broken it in quite nicely. Taking it apart and cleaning it definitely helped. I'm sure yours will break in in no time!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:55 am
Do it! You won't! :p
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
T.J.

Post by T.J. »

Benchmade large Adamas CruWear.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
The selection of them is getting more limited, so I'd say if you want a certain one, don't wait long. KSF still has their burgundy micarta ones in both blade shapes.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JuPaul wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:05 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
The selection of them is getting more limited, so I'd say if you want a certain one, don't wait long. KSF still has their burgundy micarta ones in both blade shapes.
That's the one tempting me most, with the drop point. I already have the large Inkosi with those inlays in black, which I do love the feel of in hand. Decisions, decisions!

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:08 am
JuPaul wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:05 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
That's the one tempting me most, with the drop point. I already have the large Inkosi with those inlays in black, which I do love the feel of in hand. Decisions, decisions!
Yep. A few other places that I've seen some left: New Graham, Recon 1, Monkey Edge, True North Knives. Several of those weren't on my radar before CRKs since they don't sell Spyderco.
- Julia

Patko

Post by Patko »

Kershaw Lucha
--mitja
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

MacLaren, this one's for you: a Hinderer Eclipse Spanto, blue g10 show side with bronze ti clip side. I'm not sure how I'll feel about this one in hand, but dang it looks good!
- Julia

abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:24 pm
MacLaren, this one's for you: a Hinderer Eclipse Spanto, blue g10 show side with bronze ti clip side. I'm not sure how I'll feel about this one in hand, but dang it looks good!
I think you will love the Eklipse in hand, it's arguably his best handle design. I've kept one 0392 to play with while I wait for him to eventually make a Skinny version :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JuPaul wrote:
Nice!!!!
Can't wait to see it Julia!
The Eklipse has excellent ergos and the Tri-Way Pivot Hinderer's have extremely good actions..
Think you'll LOVE it.
Congratulations
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Medford TFF-H
PVD Handle, S35VN, 6 Shooter Pivot.
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Holding down the low end! Several Case Sodbusters are on they way. I’ve really taken a liking to this pattern. Simple steel, simple design, for a simple man. Some might even say I’m a simpleton! Ha.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

abbazaba wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:20 pm
JuPaul wrote:
I think you will love the Eklipse in hand, it's arguably his best handle design. I've kept one 0392 to play with while I wait for him to eventually make a Skinny version :)
I was planning to hold out for one of the skinny models, but these Eklipses looked so nice I jumped.
Last edited by JuPaul on Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Julia

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

MacLaren wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:26 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Nice!!!!
Can't wait to see it Julia!
The Eklipse has excellent ergos and the Tri-Way Pivot Hinderer's have extremely good actions..
Think you'll LOVE it.
Congratulations
I'll definitely post up pics when it arrives - can't wait!
- Julia

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:03 pm
abbazaba wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
I was planning to hold out for one of the skinny models, but these Eklipses looked so nice I jumped.
I've had the Skinny model, ( not the Eklipse - not made yet that I know of ) but the xm18 was way overrated :D
You'll LOVE the original Julia :cool:
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:25 pm
JuPaul wrote:
abbazaba wrote:
JuPaul wrote:
I've had the Skinny model, ( not the Eklipse - not made yet that I know of ) but the xm18 was way overrated :D
MacLaren, you were right, day one in the pocket, and I'm loving it! The ergos work well for me, and although it's definitely a beefy knife, it doesn't feel overly bulky or too heavy. I love the blue and bronze, but I think a micarta scale could take this knife into a whole new level of awesome. Have you seen any available for an Eklipse?
- Julia

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Dang!!! That bronze looks incredible! A friend of mine at work has a couple Hinderers and I don't know what's up with them...but neither have good action. You have to give it a nice wrist flick along with the flipper in order to get them to lock up. Their clean and not all gunked up either. He has the titanium clip side models...that bronze though, WOW! :eek:

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

JuPaul wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:34 am
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:25 pm
JuPaul wrote:
abbazaba wrote:

MacLaren, you were right, day one in the pocket, and I'm loving it! The ergos work well for me, and although it's definitely a beefy knife, it doesn't feel overly bulky or too heavy. I love the blue and bronze, but I think a micarta scale could take this knife into a whole new level of awesome. Have you seen any available for an Eklipse?
Wow!! Julia, you KILLED IT with that Bronze!!
Congratulations!
I'll be looking for a Micarta scale for ya. :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Julia,
It would appear that DLT has some in stock!
Also, check with Hinderer knives. Com too
Yes, Rick Hinderer knives .com has a better selection Julia.