What "others" are in the mail?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
murphjd25

Re: What "others" are in the mail?

Post by murphjd25 »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:31 pm
Thanks to murphjd25's posts in another thread, I have Bugout with titanium scales on the way. Apparently, I covet what I see.
It’s such an awesome knife I hope you love it!
Josh
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

JRinFL wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 2:31 pm
Thanks to murphjd25's posts in another thread, I have Bugout with titanium scales on the way. Apparently, I covet what I see.
The Bugout with titanium scales (or even g10 or carbon fiber) is such a better knife than the Bugout with grivory scales, imo. You won't regret the extra cash for the upgraded scales.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
rabbitanarchy14

Post by rabbitanarchy14 »

benchmade 945bk-1 will be here tues the 1st. from bladehq.
192.168.0.1 -Para 3 G10 M390 Red, Dice XHP, Lil Native Rex 45 comp, Manix 2 M390 G10 BR, PM2 M390 DLC BL, PM2 k390 RGreen, Cat BD1N, Dragonfly 2 k390
Saving for - Lil Native K390, D'allara 3, UTX-70
Instruments- Kimber EVO, SA Hellcat, SW Shield Plus 9
standy99

Post by standy99 »

Got to be able to find a knife in the grass whilst hunting. Well that was my justification :D

Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Wanted to see what all the hype was about. Protech Malibu inbound!
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

standy99 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:26 am
Got to be able to find a knife in the grass whilst hunting. Well that was my justification :D

That thing looks awesome :D ! It's maybe not my preferred color, but I love the functional design aesthetic..

I've never heard of the brand, so I looked them up thinking I'd like to buy one. That's a really nice-looking knife, but it definitely costs more than I'd be willing to risk on company with an "all sales are final and returns will not be accepted" policy and virtually no warranty to speak of!

And I'll hold my tongue about the full paragraph they include regarding use of customer's social media postings/images, as my thoughts on the topic are less than "shiny".. except to say that the amount of energy they put into that statement, in stark contrast to the lack of a stated warranty, gives me a pretty good idea of what the company is all about..

Genuinely though, I hope the knife works out well for you Standy.. I don't mean to bash or disparage you in any way. The knife does appear well-made and I hope it holds up for you in the long run! I'd be interested to know your thoughts on it after you get to use it a bit more. :)
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:29 am
Wanted to see what all the hype was about. Protech Malibu inbound!
Nice Darby! I’ve really been thinking about picking one up too.
Josh
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

A CPK EDC2 in ebonite and a Cpirtle skull leather pocket sheath. Fucking stoked!
Josh
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

murphjd25 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:56 pm
A CPK EDC2 in ebonite and a Cpirtle skull leather pocket sheath. Fucking stoked!

**** yeah you are, that will be awesome, congrats! Those are hard to come by, did you get it from CPK or second hand?
So it goes.
standy99

Post by standy99 »

DSH007 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:33 am
standy99 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:26 am

That thing looks awesome :D ! It's maybe not my preferred color, but I love the functional design aesthetic..

I've never heard of the brand, so I looked them up thinking I'd like to buy one. That's a really nice-looking knife, but it definitely costs more than I'd be willing to risk on company with an "all sales are final and returns will not be accepted" policy and virtually no warranty to speak of!

And I'll hold my tongue about the full paragraph they include regarding use of customer's social media postings/images, as my thoughts on the topic are less than "shiny".. except to say that the amount of energy they put into that statement, in stark contrast to the lack of a stated warranty, gives me a pretty good idea of what the company is all about..

Genuinely though, I hope the knife works out well for you Standy.. I don't mean to bash or disparage you in any way. The knife does appear well-made and I hope it holds up for you in the long run! I'd be interested to know your thoughts on it after you get to use it a bit more. :)
A) Not every maker can match Amazon,s return policy. Especially a one man show starting out.
(He is happy to fix anything wrong but not accept returns for wrong colour or the buyers remorse that they many have.) how many times here have we heard of people that abuse Amazons return policy by buying two or three and picking the one they want.

B) Standard Instagram you tag us we are going to use your photo. (Not as if they are going to steal your photo if you don’t tag them)

I am happy to support a small maker. (Few I know own one of he’s knives and they come well recommended)
Im a vegetarian as technically cows are made of grass and water.
Gtscotty

Post by Gtscotty »

rabbitanarchy14 wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:06 am
benchmade 945bk-1 will be here tues the 1st. from bladehq.
I just saw that deal today and picked one up as well, should be tough to beat for $120.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Airlsee wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:08 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:56 pm

**** yeah you are, that will be awesome, congrats! Those are hard to come by, did you get it from CPK or second hand?
One of my good friends on BF reached out to me because he is downsizing, and offered everything to me at his cost in 2018 :) :) Both are new and never carried.
Josh
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Also ordered a custom sheath from Mr. Paul Long for my FK2. It’s going to knock y’all’s socks off, and mine.
Josh
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Wow Paul Long has a quick turnaround! This is inbound tomorrow from him! For my CPK Field Knife 2.(FK2)
Josh
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

GEC (yes, GEC) Tidioute #83 Tascosa Lock Back in Mexican Bocote Wood. "Every time I think I'm out, they keep dragging me back!" <Imagine me as Al Pacino chewing the scenery!>
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

And one more crazy item: Gerber DoubleDown foldy-choppy-thingy. Took advantage of their FD sale, 20% off. It will likely go in the truck, but I'm curious if I can actually use it like a machete as they claim and as a chopper.
Last edited by JRinFL on Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Bark River UP Bravo inbound! Navy burlap micarta, thick natural liners and hollow pins.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

I bought a Hardcore Hammers Super Naturalist last night too lol
Josh
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:51 pm
Bark River UP Bravo inbound! Navy burlap micarta, thick natural liners and hollow pins.
Just ordered my first BRK from DLT, pretty excited! Bravo 1.25 LT, Green Canvas Micarta & 3V - can't go wrong.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

I've been looking at Bark Rivers since I've finally got my feet wet with small fixed blades. So many different options from them, and some very nice looking knives.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick