What will the spyder nuts choose?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
dreadside

What will the spyder nuts choose?

Post by dreadside »

I'm looking at geting my self a zt! Thinking about the 562 one with the g10 not cf, or the 560 can get it here at a good price newer serial 84xx but does not have the lock bar incert and i don't think it is carbedized on the lock face, i have heard stories obout the 560 that the lock stick is a problem and that it will wear alot with use, the one i buy will be a user and not a shelf monster i don't do that, so your advice, opinion and experiance with any of the two will be appriciated my spydi friends. :)
Thank you
farnorthdan

Re: What will the spyder nuts choose?

Post by farnorthdan »

I have two, 0770CF and the Talon, I like the Talon the best but rarely carry either, I'm a spydie whoooar.... :D
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

The only ZT I've really taken a liking to are the 560 in black wash and the 0303. I got the 0303 for a ridiculous price, otherwise I may not own it. Customer service has been excellent though, so if they made more models that I liked I'd probably buy more. The 0303 has filled my "I really need a Strider" itch...for now.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

How about the 0450, i kinda like the look of that one too, looks like it might kinda small though.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

I have multiple versions of the 0560 and one 0562, while they are all good knives, I enjoy the 0560 more. I tend to like larger knives but honestly the 0560 doesn't carry big. The action on mine feel better to me than that of my 0562.

Dan
EDC Honeybee

Post by EDC Honeybee »

I don't own any, but I've always disliked the look of the blade shape on most of the ZT line. That said, the 0450 looks pretty sweet to me.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I have owned a few currently I have an 0562 in G10 and an 0801BW. I have also owned an 0550 which was an incredible knife just a little too think in the pocket and I wasn't crazy about the grind, but it was a very well made knife.

I think you can't go wrong with the 0562, its slim, flips like a dream has a deep carry clip, has the insert, great steel even on the G10 model. If the 0560 isn't too large for you it is also a great knife, for me it was a bit too large for day to day.
dreadside

Post by dreadside »

Well this did not take long! I pulled the trigger and i decided to buy the 0562 it just sits better in my hand and i like the grind on the blade. Thank you all for the replys and your opinion knife is still not broken in but the one on display was and it is super smooth i'll do a review of my thoughts on the blade after 2-4 months of use and carry the weghit is fine suits me perfect and it is scary sharp, also my first time with elmax steel i know my manix 2 s30v so if it's almost like that i'll be extreamly happie.
Thanks agen ppl!!
dreadside

Post by dreadside »

Some pic's
Attachments
2016-02-03 12.54.51.jpg
2016-02-03 12.55.10.jpg
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

farnorthdan wrote:How about the 0450, i kinda like the look of that one too, looks like it might kinda small though.
The 0450 is the only ZT that appeals to me. On the whole i see them as pimped Kershaws, and i am not that fond of Kershaws either :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Post by Mad Mac »

ZT was responsible for me falling into the Spyder Hole. Not the model the OP is considering, but I bought a 0350SW and a Tenacious from a fellow on a gun forum, never having handled either knife. In spite of the fact that I had met Ken Onion, the ZT's designer, at an NRA convention, I sold the awesome looking 0350 within days of receiving it.

To me, the 0350 felt big and clunky. I had to use the thumb stud and the flipper together to deploy the blade. By comparison, at a fraction of the cost the Tenacious CE was a charmer. It was kind of like the difference between dancing with Rosie O'Donnell and... Audrey Hepburn.

Don't get me wrong. That massive ZT was the only one I've seen. It's just a matter of personal preference. I guess I don't like 'em big. Knock yourself out.

1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Well since we're throwing up pics...

All SE all the time since 2017
~David
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

DPost
Last edited by DRKBC on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

DRKBC wrote:This is a ZT that I have hung onto. It is an amazing flipper, even faster than the 0562 if that type of thing matters to you and has great ergos, the finish shows very little where. All that said it is a bit of tank not like evils 301, it is still a couple of ounces short of a half a pound, but it is still pretty solid for sure. Pocket clips is not my favorite if I decided to spend money on it that would be something I would change. New Graham photo

dreadside

Post by dreadside »

This is still my all time favorite, blade shape, the feel in hand, size, just a quality item and the best friend i have had in a knife (: never let me down and all that follow will have big shoes to fill!! :D
Attachments
2016-02-03 20.22.46.jpg
2016-02-03 20.23.14.jpg
hoimin

Post by hoimin »

Larry_Mott wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:How about the 0450, i kinda like the look of that one too, looks like it might kinda small though.
The 0450 is the only ZT that appeals to me. On the whole i see them as pimped Kershaws, and i am not that fond of Kershaws either :)
I agree with this. I've heard good things about their fit and finish, but pretty much everything looks like it'll hurt to use, or be hard to actually hold.

farnorthdan, it's older sibling, the 0452CF might be more your size.