What did you do while the forum was down?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Liquid Cobra

What did you do while the forum was down?

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I'm sad to admit I didn't do anything productive lol. I continued to read about Spyderco on the facebook group and on blade forums. Haha.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Monocrom

Re: What did you do while the forum was down?

Post by Monocrom »

Honestly?..... I went to some of the other sites I frequent. ****, most of you guys go to the same ones! LOL
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

No big deal. Just went to the other sites I visit.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I watched the movie Everest with my wife and browsed on Amazon for things I don't need... :) :rolleyes: :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Watched Criminal Minds on Netflix, shoveled a path from my porch to the mailbox, walked Bear, went room to room practicing "point and shoot" with my Laser Ammo Sure Strike equipped PX4 Storm.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

What did I do?:

Cleaned the upstairs bathroom.
Received our online grocery delivery and spent an hour putting it away
Swept and mopped the laminate floor.
Emptied the cat's litter trays.
Made chilli for dinner when the wife gets in
Washed up the breakfast things
Played GTA Online
Finally got around to uploading Black Ops III.

But I do all that when the Forum's up anyways- I don't just complete my 'to do list': I smash it's head in.
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

I fell into disbelief...then cussed a bit...a few tears...finally I just curled into a ball

Dan
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Shovel snow... Shovel snow... Shovel snow!!!! John
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I was shocked and horrified and I fell onto the floor in a fit of kicking and screaming...JUST KIDDING! :)

Actually, what I did was consider the benefits and downsides of covering every large urban city and area in the United States of America, Europe, and the world with large transparent indestructible domes, in order to regulate the weather. My conclusion: It is possible, doable, and good. I am an advocate for Geodesic Domes in the tradition of Buckminster Fuller, one of my personal engineering heroes.

Fuller proposed covering Mid town Manhattan, in the 1960s, with a large transparent geodesic dome. He worked out all the costs and labor issues and showed that it would pay for itself within 10 years due to the lack of need for snow removal and all that is associated with that.
With nanotechnology and more advanced materials like lexan it makes it even more attractive and doable. Here is what I propose:

We develop molecular assembler devices that construct a massive Geodesic Lexan-Nanotube-Diamond composite dome over New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington DC, and all large urban cities and areas. These can either be one large dome or a network of smaller interconnected domes. The composite material could be made in laminated layers, and made semi permeable, even, and the heat generated would guarantee warm Spring and Fall like temperatures year round, with no uncontrolled things like snow and rain storms and all of the damage that comes from that. Micro robots and robotic systems would clean the dome outside and inside and make sure no debris or grime is aggregated/collected. Everyone in those cities can walk around year round in tee shirts and regular clothes, no more winter clothes and no more problems associated with that. The indestructible domes can also be great armor for defense: Laminated nano layered composite domes covering cities would make them more resilient from attacks from outside.

What are the pros and cons of this, from what you all see?
remnar

Post by remnar »

demoncase wrote:What did I do?:

Made chilli for dinner...

Played GTA Online
I also made chili for dinner last night, and after completing a few other chores and going through the other forums I played a little Destiny. :)
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Lets see....

Put beef stew makings in the crock pot.
Loaded some .44 magnum ammo. (240gr. hard cast SWC @ 1050fps....midrange load.)
Sharpened my neighbors kitchen knives.
Drank a glass of wine while working on an idea I've had for a book.
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Bought two knives and sold five on ebay..lots of Post Office runs..kept me busy...that said I did check the Spyderco Site no less than 15 times to see if it was up and running...lol....Doc:)