RIP Glenn Frey.

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
buferoe

RIP Glenn Frey.

Post by buferoe »

Hi Guys,

Feeling so sad this morning, woke up and heart the news that Glenn Frey founder of the Eagles hass passed away.
The Eagles is one of my favorite bands sinds the eighty's, seen them live in Rotterdam.
Today in memory of Glenn Frey his music will be played all day.

RIP Glenn Frey..........

greetz,

Werner
this_is_nascar

Re: RIP Glenn Frey.

Post by this_is_nascar »

Probably the best band in my lifetime. I'm fearful The Eagles will be no more. In a past interview, Don Henley said they could never achieve the same sound with different members or without a member.
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

They're dropping like flies this year already!
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

noseoil wrote:They're dropping like flies this year already!
Thats exactly what I was thinking, what the heck is going on, its like my youth is disappearing before my very eyes..how sad. :(
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I wouldn't say I'm a HUGE Eagles fan, nor would I say I don't like them, but I definitely can say I appreciate and respect them as a band.

The lead(s) in this song are just off the charts. They were once voted as the best leads of all time. I'm not sure I agree with that, but I love this video for the fact that the entire song is played exactly as it sounds on the album, and you can just feel that every member of the band has mastered their instrument.
https://youtu.be/xMMtKM5DbSM
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
SG89

Post by SG89 »

He will be sorely missed. I grew up on his music (my parent's favorite band). :(
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

It is especially sad because the Eagles were slated to be honored at the 2015 Kennedy Center Honors program in Washington, D. C. but this was postponed until next yeat due to Glenn Frey's health. :(
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Sad news indeed, the Eagles are my all time favorite band. I don't know what it is about them exactly but I just can relate to their music. Sad day
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Great cover of the classic "Hotel California" by the Gypsy Kings.

https://youtu.be/xUZpoogW_40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;