No winners: It's always fun to Dream

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
awa54

Re: No winners: It's always fun to Dream

Post by awa54 »

demoncase wrote:
Ankerson wrote:
So actually they would each get $319,999,999 after Fed tax over 30 years instead of $189 Million for the lump sum.
You could just about live on that, I guess. :D
That works out to a few thousand more than my *yearly* take home... PER DAY!!

I'd manage to scrape by ;)
-David

still more knives than sharpening stones...
Halfneck

Re: No winners: It's always fun to Dream

Post by Halfneck »

In my younger days if I'd won the lottery, I'd probably be dead within a few months - "News flash: Lottery winner dies in a fiery car crash with a stripper in his lap & empty bottles of Pappy Van Winkle rolling around..."

Nowadays I doubt the wife & I would even move from our small rural town. We'd just buy some property, build a house on it, and I'd probably have an old muscle car of some sort and a truck. Pay off both boy's college, and set some aside for them later. Then I'd take care of some close friends and family. After that the wife & I would probably just travel when & where we wanted.

The one thing I would definitely do if I won a huge payout is to donate enough cash to our local hospital so I could have a plaque with me on it giving a thumbs up. I use to work there and the thought of 1 person I can't stand in administration who is still there having to walk by a plaque of me would make me smile.