Greetings from South Florida everyone! My name is Bonnie

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Bonnie the Knife

Greetings from South Florida everyone! My name is Bonnie

Post by Bonnie the Knife »

Hello everyone. My name is Bonnie and I am new to this forum. I have been an avid edged weapon collector for many years now and Spydercos are my favorite folding knives. I own a Matriarch 2, Endura 4, Vallatoon, and a Ladybug 3 Hawkbill Salt. I am also into history, shortwave radio, martial arts, and many other interesting things. I joined this forum to make some new friends and exchange info with like minded folk. I am female and I reside in South Florida. I hope you all are doing well. Take care and be safe. Bonnie
farnorthdan

Re: Greetings from South Florida everyone! My name is Bonnie

Post by farnorthdan »

Welcome to the forum Bonnie, good to have you, you should feel right at home in no time, great group of friendly knowledgeable folks here. Enjoy...
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Hi Bonnie, welcome to the forum! :) Sounds like you've got a good start on your Spydie collection. As Dan mentioned, I think you'll be in good company here--lots of good, like-minded folks. And Sal chimes in from time-to-time too, which is pretty neat.

Hope to see you around,

Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Welcome!! Nice collection ya have there!! Super folks here and lots of info to be gleaned too!! Have fun!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Johnnie1801

Post by Johnnie1801 »

Hi Bonnie and welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your time here :)

I hope you'll share a few photo's of your knives too :)
Currently enjoying Spyderco's in - S30V, VG10, Super Blue, Cruwear x4, CTS XHP, S110V x2, M4 x3, S35VN, CTS 204P x2, S90V, HAP 40, K390, RWL34, MAXAMET, ZDP 189, REX 45

Jon
remnar

Post by remnar »

Hello Bonnie and welcome to the forum. :) :spyder:
El Gato

Post by El Gato »

Hello Bonnie, and welcome to the Forum. I too hope you enjoy your time here. Be sure to join in the discussions. :)
JAfromMN

Post by JAfromMN »

Welcome welcome
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Welcome to the forum.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Welcome Bonnie. I share a lot of interests and enjoy history, politics, military leaning mostly. I'm one of the worst steel junkies around here and will go out of my way to get new types of steels for the knives I carry and use. I'm also half human half German Shepard. :)

joe
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Hi Bonnie! Welcome to the Forum a Great Place with Great People and Great Knife Company to boot.....Just Making Friends cause in a couple of months (being from NY) I'm gonna need some of your warmth....soon.....LOL.....Enjoy the forum and BTW.... we are fellow Martial Artists....cept I have been doing it for hmmmmm.....59 years.....ouch.........Have to teach tomorrow....oh my aching bones.....lol.....Doc:)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Bonnie the Knife wrote:Hello everyone. My name is Bonnie and I am new to this forum. I have been an avid edged weapon collector for many years now and Spydercos are my favorite folding knives. I own a Matriarch 2, Endura 4, Vallatoon, and a Ladybug 3 Hawkbill Salt. I am also into history, shortwave radio, martial arts, and many other interesting things. I joined this forum to make some new friends and exchange info with like minded folk. I am female and I reside in South Florida. I hope you all are doing well. Take care and be safe. Bonnie
Welcome to the forum but may I ask what kind of radio? I am a amateur radio operator and all the craziness that comes with it. :D
Bonnie the Knife

I was referring to my shortwave radio receivers. At last count I have around twenty different ones. Sony, Eton. Grundig, Tecsun, Radio Shack to name but a few. I also collect QSL cards that I have received from radio stations from Japan, Turkey, China, Taiwan, Cuba, Russia, Romania, and the Netherlands, etc. I also own three scanners(Bearcat/Uniden and Radio Shack). My scanners and some of my shortwave receivers can pick up Ham transmissions. I see that you hail from the Philippines. That is cool because I own several Karambits and a pair of Ironwood Escrima Sticks. Thanks for responding! Bonnie
Bonnie the Knife

Thanks to everyone for responding! Bonnie
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Bonnie the Knife wrote:I was referring to my shortwave radio receivers. At last count I have around twenty different ones. Sony, Eton. Grundig, Tecsun, Radio Shack to name but a few. I also collect QSL cards that I have received from radio stations from Japan, Turkey, China, Taiwan, Cuba, Russia, Romania, and the Netherlands, etc. I also own three scanners(Bearcat/Uniden and Radio Shack). My scanners and some of my shortwave receivers can pick up Ham transmissions. I see that you hail from the Philippines. That is cool because I own several Karambits and a pair of Ironwood Escrima Sticks. Thanks for responding! Bonnie
That's a lot of gear. :D

Have you never been curious about how the other half lives? :)
Bonnie the Knife

How the other half lives? The other half of what? I must admit that I find you question somewhat perplexing. Are you inferring that one of us is rich and the other is poor? Or could it be that your are wondering if I have read the book "How the other half lives" by Jacob Riis that exposes the squalor in the slums of turn of the century New York City?
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

:confused: :eek: :confused:
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Wow that is very cool, Bonnie! I have wanted to get into radio and shortwave and even ham radio receivers. What is a reasonably priced good quality brand you would recommend? I had a shortwave when I was younger and would spend hours listening to it, especially late at night to see if I could pick up different world wide broadcasts.

Also, I have heard and read that ironwood is one of the stronger woods for things, the escrima sticks are neat. I've considered getting a karambit. What brand or type do you recommend?

What are some other knife brands and knife types you like?
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Bonnie the Knife wrote:How the other half lives? The other half of what? I must admit that I find you question somewhat perplexing. Are you inferring that one of us is rich and the other is poor? Or could it be that your are wondering if I have read the book "How the other half lives" by Jacob Riis that exposes the squalor in the slums of turn of the century New York City?
Jeez, *EDITED* I was talking abour radio and I assumed you understood. You talked about SWL and I referred to transmitting instead of just listening.

You seem to be quick to make a negative interpretation of things...

*EDITED - You know better Chuck. - Taz*
i am travvy

Post by i am travvy »

Sorry but that was kind of uncalled for there chuck. Shiny footprints..

Btw welcome bonnie from another floridian!