Frequent Forum Fanatic?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.

How many times a day do you check the forum?

1 time
7%
2-5 times
37%
5-10 times
15%
10-20 times
24%
30 times and up
17%

Total votes: 41

Liquid Cobra

Frequent Forum Fanatic?

Post by Liquid Cobra »

So I'm not ashamed to say I check this forum a lot. It keeps me up to date on current news and is a fun place to hang out and talk Spyderco. The people the pictures and the advice are all great. There is a nice sense of comradery as well. It also helps that we get news straight from the man himself (although not for a while now). I'm wondering am I alone in how often I hit the refresh button on this site?

Let's find out.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SpyderNut

Re: Frequent Forum Fanatic?

Post by SpyderNut »

Dear god... Do I REALLY check this forum 30+ times a day? Wow. That's a real reality check for ya. ;)

Happy Birthday too, BTW, LC! :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Not really sure how many times a day but I stay pretty tuned in, depends on how busy I am at work. I voted 10-20 times a day, I'm sure its more than that some days though.

+1 on the HB wishes also.....
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

SpyderNut wrote:Dear god... Do I REALLY check this forum 30+ times a day? Wow. That's a real reality check for ya. ;)

Happy Birthday too, BTW, LC! :D
yeah, that is 430 posts per year on average or about 100 per month.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Liquid Cobra wrote:So I'm not ashamed to say I check this forum a lot. It keeps me up to date on current news and is a fun place to hang out and talk Spyderco. The people the pictures and the advice are all great. There is a nice sense of comradery as well. It also helps that we get news straight from the man himself (although not for a while now). I'm wondering am I alone in how often I hit the refresh button on this site?

Let's find out.
You average 1239 posts per year.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
gingerninja

Post by gingerninja »

It would be about 5 times a day most week days but on weekends its at least 10 on a busy weekend and Id guess double that on a not so busy weekend
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Honestly, the forums just aren't all that active nowadays. So I check once a day on average. When I came here more often, I just constantly saw no new posts. Even now, once a day, I see maybe 2 - 3 new updates.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Usually 2--5 times. The forum has indeed changed some since I started, but so have I. Much that interested me in the beginning I now know, or can find out elsewhere. I'm still buying Spydies but now more selectively, given the call of newer hobbies and a grandson on my disposable income.
-Marc (pocketing an M4 Sage5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Definitely more than 10 on the average day. Probably more than 30 on occasion.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I've never counted but I'm sure it's 30+ lol.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Glad I'm not alone in the 30+ club.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
tvenuto

Post by tvenuto »

For me, it's either 10-20 times or 0. When I'm checking, though, I'm checking pretty frequently. Not to say I haven't checked 30 in one day, but that's not average.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Liquid Cobra wrote:So I'm not ashamed to say I check this forum a lot. It keeps me up to date on current news and is a fun place to hang out and talk Spyderco. The people the pictures and the advice are all great. There is a nice sense of comradery as well. It also helps that we get news straight from the man himself (although not for a while now). I'm wondering am I alone in how often I hit the refresh button on this site?

Let's find out.
You're the kind of guys we like here LC :) Like yourself I'm also a knife enthusiast but I also like the comradery here myself and I"ve made some quality friends here over the years and I've really been glad that Daywalker and Archimedes have both come back and wish more of the folks from the 05 to the 2010 era.

I'm also active at Bladeforums and to some degree at Straight Razor Place>> but Spyderville takes up the majority of my time. Personally I wouldn't touch Facebook or MySpace either one with a 50 foot pole>> so I guess it's fair to say that this is my version of Facebook and I wouldn't trade it for anything else on the web. We got a great bunch of down to earth people here and I hope it stays that way.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

30+ for sure. If I'm not actually online and you see my screen name below, I'm typically one of the guests...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I feel if I was being honest with myself that I would lean more to the absolutely side than the possibly side.
JBE

Post by JBE »

Once upon a time, I probably fell in the 10-20 times a day category. That was probably in the timeframe from the early 2000's to to around 2007 or 2008 thereabouts; this forum was an incredibly active and dynamic place during that time frame. Now, it's more like just a few times a week. I still like my Spydercos, but my interests have since wandered elsewhere.
RexGig0

Post by RexGig0 »

I check this forum most days, but less than once a day. Once upon a time, with a different user name, probably around the 2002 to 2004 time period, I visited more regularly. There were times, since, that I visited only occasionally.

My favored Spyderco knives reflect my time of greatest forum activity: Civilian, Gunting, original Ronin, original Yojimbo. Well, actually, the Civilian is still in the line-up, but I bought mine before the Guntings and Ronins. I think I bought my Yojimbo after it was already a discontinued model.

Notably, because I seem to have a lifetime supply of Spyderco knives, largely acquired over a decade ago, I mostly visit this Off-Topic part of the forum.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Not as often as I used to be. Probably between 2 and 10.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Folks!

Another 'Not that often' guy here. :D

Average 2 - 3 times a day.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I used to visit and participate a lot more, but some of the drama the last year or two kind of turned me off from the forum. Besides that, I feel that I have more knives than I have time to use, so getting new knives isn't quite as exciting anymore. Finally, I also have other things taking up more of my time these days. All those factors add up to my dropping in only once a day, usually to see if there are any new releases that need updating on the Spydiewiki. I still comment from time to time, but tend to just read rather than post anymore.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com