Where's your Sweet Spot?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.

Where's your Sweet Spot!

Pocket Carry (Inside The Pocket UN-Clipped or Clipped to Pocket Inside or Out)
55%
Inside/Outside the Waistband (Appendix Carry)
7%
Inside/Outside the Waistband (Strong Side Carry Behind the Hip)
15%
Inside/Outside the Waistband (Weak side Cross Draw in front of the hip)
3%
Inside/Outside the Waistband (Middle of the Back)
2%
Ankle or Leg Carry
2%
Outer Pocket Carry (attached to clothing, placed in a Vehicle or other item, like tool box or handbag)
3%
Neck Carry
7%
Key Chain Carry
5%
OTHER
2%

Total votes: 60

RexGig0

Re: Where's your Sweet Spot?

Post by RexGig0 »

Dr. Snubnose wrote:Might want to check out Thunderware.....or something similar...Yup it's a groin holster, double slotted You decide Hundgun butt direction....(Nylon waistband unit with velcro)I have carried dual Ruger Sp101 comfortably to the beach wearing swim shorts..(warning: does drive the wife crazy)..that said you can lift the holster up to appendix carry where the butt of the gun is just beneath the waistline (for shirt tucked in or raise it up above the waistline for a T-shirt concealment...In any case it's one of my most comfortable carry positions, but I always seem to go back to my strong and weak side carrys for some familiar reason......Doc:)
Actually, if I do not mind a holster that collapses when the gun is drawn, I have two Eagle Industries nylon IWB holsters, from the late eighties or early nineties, for toting up to a 3" SP101, or a large-framed 4" sixgun. The revolvers ride deep enough for quite decent concealment, with the grips accessible for the draw, and yes, they are reasonably comfortable. I do not think they were ever made for left-side carry, however.

It is the desire for an AIWB holster that does not collapse, allows re-holstering, and can accomodate a serious-sized autoloader, that has me trying various rigs. Another factor is that I am becoming more lefty, and less fond of recoil, as age/over-use/abuse takes its toll on my right thumb/hand/wrist/shoulder, so 9mm Glocks* are becoming my fighting handguns, and they are not called "blocks" for nothing. I have long had a few lefty holsters, but have been acquiring holsters for a new battery of Glocks, which presents new challenges; no matter how short the grip frame, the protruding rear of that blocky slide is a challenge.

*Finally, after over two years' delay, my chief finally authorized 9mm as an alternative duty pistol cartridge, in the 9mm counterparts of our previously-mandated .40 duty pistols. After my "qual" next month, I will again be largely toting the same, or very similar, pistols on and off the clock, rather than one system (SIG) in the duty holster, and another for other purposes.
Last edited by RexGig0 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I thought we were talking about knives but I'll touch on that too. My favorite shirt of all time and what I call the worlds most perfect shirt is the 511 Tactical with hidden Velcro pockets which have a vertical opening and are behind the two chest pockets. I just drop a Glock 43 in the left one an extra magazine in the right one for balance and no one even knows its there including you after you get used to it.
I realize its only a six shot but about as thick as a deck of playing cards and when loaded with Cor bon 115+P makes a very formidable piece and I prefer it to any five or six shot revolver
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

As for knives I carry four at all times. A Spyderco Dragonfly on my keychain ring where I can place little finger through the ring as an extension of the handle and for retention. I call it a mini Karambit. Left FP GEC 550113 Northfield liner lock swayback Jack with Wharncliffe blade qty. produced 38. Right front tip up Micro Tech So com Delta. Right back German Eye large lock back Sodbuster