Kizer Kecker Collab...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MacLaren

Kizer Kecker Collab...

Post by MacLaren »

Just came in this a.m. and is a real brute weighing in at 8.06 oz. Fit and finish are outstanding. The knife is titanium with g10 scales, 9.25 overall length and a 3.75" CPM S35VN blade. Blade Thickness is 4MM. The Stonewash finish on the blade is really nice as the flat grind came shaving sharp. The action itself is great. I gotta say that this is one helluva knife, that from any other maker would cost probably 3x as much imo. I got it from BHQ for $116......
MacLaren

Re: Kizer Kecker Collab...

Post by MacLaren »

I have more pics but something has messed up between photobucket and my laptop....

And please excuse the title of the thread, as it should say KLECKER instead of kecker.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I would be curious to see a knife with a Kleckler Lock. I have never handled one but it looks like an integrated backlock. Maybe something we will see in a Sage? It does appear as though CRKT is making them though.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

This one is a liner lock. Has a good feel to it. Albeit massive lol....
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bearfacedkiller

It certainly does seem like a great value for what you get. It seems a little chunky for my tastes but I like the scales. How is that crazy jimping on the ring and pinky finger?
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bearfacedkiller wrote:It certainly does seem like a great value for what you get. It seems a little chunky for my tastes but I like the scales. How is that crazy jimping on the ring and pinky finger?
Lol, its just a tank.......I just had to have it man. But seriously, you wouldnt believe how nice it is in person...the last Kizer I had was "ok" but this one is seriously nice. At least imo.
The jimping is a little rough around the pinky finger though.
I was also suprised at just how sharp it is. Not sure how long Ill keep it. Then again, I do like it....
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Those are the best knives out there right now for the money and if you watch all the you tube reviews on Kizer knives you will see all the materials have been tested and proven to be what they claim to be. The American knife companies are trying to price themselves out of business while Kizer gets more of share of the market every day
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

RanCoWeAla wrote:Those are the best knives out there right now for the money and if you watch all the you tube reviews on Kizer knives you will see all the materials have been tested and proven to be what they claim to be. The American knife companies are trying to price themselves out of business while Kizer gets more of share of the market every day
I hear ya man.
Larry_Mott

Post by Larry_Mott »

bearfacedkiller wrote:I would be curious to see a knife with a Kleckler Lock. I have never handled one but it looks like an integrated backlock. Maybe something we will see in a Sage? It does appear as though CRKT is making them though.
I have the CRKT Nirk Tighe featuring the Glenn Klecker back lock. Would love to see a Sage 5 with that lock, and a Sage 6 with compression lock!
(Are you listening Sal and Eric? ) :)
"Life is fragile - we should take better care of each other, and ourselves - every day!"
//Eva Mott 1941 - 2019. R.I.P.
bearfacedkiller

Welcome to the forum Larry Mott. Any chance you are from NY?
-Darby
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Thank you for mentioning these Kizer knives. I just discovered one after reading your thread for sale. Not that bad a price in the 50-60 dollar range. And the steel is VG10! I am impressed. I have not yet purchased it. What should I expect as far as quality and cutting-performance goes?

It is the Kizer V3 Vigor with VG10 blade and G10 handle.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:Thank you for mentioning these Kizer knives. I just discovered one after reading your thread for sale. Not that bad a price in the 50-60 dollar range. And the steel is VG10! I am impressed. I have not yet purchased it. What should I expect as far as quality and cutting-performance goes?

It is the Kizer V3 Vigor with VG10 blade and G10 handle.
Are you talking to me?
I dont have anything for sale
If I read this wrong and you found one for sale, Im not sure about the model mentioned.
But good luck :)
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Mac, yes I was asking you for a basic review of Kizer knife performance and quality and what it feels like and that kind of thing, like how it handles when cutting various materials. :)

Thank you
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

I saw Glenn Klecker post on Massdrop that he is surprised Kizer is still producing his design, because he hasn't been paid for it in years.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Its simply awesome. The action on my 4436 is as every bit as smooth as my Nilakka. Super sharp outta the box.
Really dont think you can go wrong.