Where's Deacon?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Jazz

Where's Deacon?

Post by Jazz »

Anyone know why Paul's not been here for quite a while? Did the trolls drive him away? I miss his insight.
- best wishes, Jazz.
jmh58

Re: Where's Deacon?

Post by jmh58 »

I have seen him posting over on BF.. I too miss his input!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

I second that!
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

Yep. Wisemen are essential.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I've noticed this too. I also haven't seen Landon (Xceptnl) or Holland post for quite some time either. Chuck has been quiet, as well as MacLaren. Blerv has been quiet, but I guess he mentioned that he was taking a break here. It's a real shame because the playground here isn't as fun as it used to be... :(
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

SpyderNut wrote:I've noticed this too. I also haven't seen Landon (Xceptnl) or Holland post for quite some time either. Chuck has been quiet, as well as MacLaren. Blerv has been quiet, but I guess he mentioned that he was taking a break here. It's a real shame because the playground here isn't as fun as it used to be... :(
^^^ Agreed. If any of you have Instagram and are interested, Landon posts pretty frequently on there.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Jazz wrote: Did the trolls drive him away?
It's possible. But also, it's summer. People have way more things to do besides hanging out online.

Me? Oh, we have wifi in the back yard, so I'm typing this from my lawn chair, having just finished cutting the grass ;)

Ken
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

kbuzbee wrote:
Jazz wrote: Did the trolls drive him away?
It's possible. But also, it's summer. People have way more things to do besides hanging out online.

Me? Oh, we have wifi in the back yard, so I'm typing this from my lawn chair, having just finished cutting the grass ;)

Ken
Living the high life, are we Ken? :p
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Knivesinedc wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:I've noticed this too. I also haven't seen Landon (Xceptnl) or Holland post for quite some time either. Chuck has been quiet, as well as MacLaren. Blerv has been quiet, but I guess he mentioned that he was taking a break here. It's a real shame because the playground here isn't as fun as it used to be... :(
^^^ Agreed. If any of you have Instagram and are interested, Landon posts pretty frequently on there.
You know come to think of it I haven't even seen Landon either here lately :confused: Maybe the Deacon is building himself a New Harley in his garage>> He'll call it the SPYDERHOG :eek: It will have serrated fenders and a plain edged gas tank :rolleyes:

But seriously I do hope Master Paul is doing all right because it does create a void when he's not here :(

Not to mention that Paul has duties as the mayor of Spyderville that he must not neglect :D I"m sure he'll be back shortly but I do hope that he's only just taking a break.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I'm still here friends. My work and family has been keeping me busier than usual in 2015. I am well and will be back to my old self again soon. Thanks to all my spydie friends for your concern.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

JD Spydo wrote:
Knivesinedc wrote:
You know come to think of it I haven't even seen Landon either here lately :confused: Maybe the Deacon is building himself a New Harley in his garage>> He'll call it the SPYDERHOG :eek: It will have serrated fenders and a plain edged gas tank :rolleyes:

But seriously I do hope Master Paul is doing all right because it does create a void when he's not here :(

Not to mention that Paul has duties as the mayor of Spyderville that he must not neglect :D I"m sure he'll be back shortly but I do hope that he's only just taking a break.
I talked to Landon on Instagram. He said he's just real busy with work and family but he said he'd try to come on more often to see what's going on and say hi. I just saw that he posted on Davids 6 month SE challenge/thing.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

SpyderNut wrote: Living the high life, are we Ken? :p
You know it, brother ;) On the extreme edge!

Ken
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

kbuzbee wrote:
SpyderNut wrote: Living the high life, are we Ken? :p
You know it, brother ;) On the extreme edge!

Ken
Hahaha! You lucky rascal, you. ;) :D
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

It's a shame when veterans let trolls spoil their fun. I haven't come here literally every single day for 5 years to let a few jackasses ruin it for me.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Its summer. I think they are fishing with Surfgringo.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Evil D wrote:It's a shame when veterans let trolls spoil their fun. I haven't come here literally every single day for 5 years to let a few jackasses ruin it for me.
My thoughts precisely, bro!
- best wishes, Jazz.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Good to see you again, Landon! I hope all is going well for you, my friend. :)
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I'm still here friends. My work and family has been keeping me busier than usual in 2015. I am well and will be back to my old self again soon
Glad to hear things are ok Landon. Most people have to drop off here every now and then due to life's demands on time and energy. We always end up back eventually.

Paul, I hope you are doing well also. I agree you too are a valued member and one of the few non Spyderco employees that can calm me down when I get riled up. :)

Joe
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

The Mastiff wrote:
I'm still here friends. My work and family has been keeping me busier than usual in 2015. I am well and will be back to my old self again soon
Glad to hear things are ok Landon. Most people have to drop off here every now and then due to life's demands on time and energy. We always end up back eventually.

Joe
Hello my good friend. I'm sorry we have been out of touch, but I'm getting things under control. Lets catch up this weekend.

Landon
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
bh49

Post by bh49 »

SpyderNut wrote: Chuck has been quiet,
+1 and for a long time
SpyderNut wrote: It's a real shame because the playground here isn't as fun as it used to be... :(
Quality Engineer in me saying that you did a good jot to determine a root cause of the problem. You hit nail in the head.
I talked with Paul. He and Bear are well.