What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
jmh58

What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by jmh58 »

I know we all like our Spydercos but I am sure once in a while we edc an "other".. Sooo.. What is in your pocket??

My son got me a black ALLOX Cadet for Christmas and that has been riding in the rfp since.. Also edc a Leatherman Style PS in the watch pocket just about every day!! Yeah.. I got a Spyderco in the rrp.. Today.. Manix2 FRCP... John :)
Last edited by jmh58 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
The Deacon

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by The Deacon »

Currently, a left handed Mikov Predator with cocobolo scales, a Christmas gift from a friend.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Usually a ZT 562CF
Or a Buck Bantam.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Since Christmas, it's been the Microtech Mini UDT auto. I carry it in my watch pocket and play with it any chance I get. :)
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I usually pair my EDC SPyderco with a smaller companion Spyderco, and a Leatherman Skeletool CX for prying/pliers/screwdriver/bottle opener etc.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Today, a SAK Executive.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Just like my Good Spyder Brother Yablanowitz I just can't put down my old Benchmade, Boguszewski model 640 Mini-Spike. It's truly one of my all time favorite blade designs ever. Spyderco has an older model that is quite similar to it which is the C-50 Centofante and you could at one time get it in PE & SE both. My Benchmade Boguszewski Spike model 640 just happens to be in my right pocket in my Carhartt bib Overalls today actually :cool:

For the life of me as much as that knife used to be raved about in the mid 90s to the early 2000s I can't understand why BM didn't do a new, revamped Sprint version of that model. The mini spike and the Rukus are 2 of my all time favorite non-Spyderco blades. But there aren't many other brands/makes of knives that I use and/or collect than those of the Great Spyder FActory.

and I do at times carry my Victorinox Swiss Tool multitool when necessary. But for the most part the SPYDER RULES!!!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I'm a HUGE fan of the Style PS as well. Cheap little tool which comes in so handy with the scissors, nail file and pliars :).

I always have one large flashlight in my coat (single 18650 battery) and a small flashlight in my pants pocket (typically an Eiger AAA). Other toys include a Corter Leather bottle opener and usually a Serge folder on a necklace. There is a Manbug G10 on my keychain every day.
Invective

Post by Invective »

For me, it's a tossup between an M4 Mini-Grip or TAD Dauntless. Usually have my S110V Forum Native or CruWear Millie on me though.

Also recently got a Rexford RUT that has replaced my ClipiTool as my Bottle Opener and keychain knife.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Did I forget to mention that in my side leg pocket I carry a Spyderco DOUBLESTUFF stone?? Truly it's something that has come in so handy that I wouldn't function nearly as well without it. This evening while I was waiting on a delivery I was able to get the pendulum end of my C-111 Captain laser-sharp while waiting.

My DOUBLESTUFF stone is so handy and I'm blessed with one of the older ones that has a very stiff leather pouch that I also use for a strop with my folders on many occasions. Everyone who has the capacity to carry a DOUBLESTUFF stone absolutely should.

Many times during the evening I don't leave the house without my Surefire E2d Defender flashlight. I know there are more economical flashlights out there on the market but I've had such great luck using Surefire E2d Defender that I'll carry it until it expires.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

I keep a doublestuff in my truck and carry one camping sometimes but since I carry multiple knives I don't usually need to sharpen on the go. :D

I agree and that it is super handy. I keep it in my truck so I can sharpen on my lunchbreak if I want to.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

Cadet, Leatherman, Kershaw Knock-out.. John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

The one non-Spyderco I carry regularly is a Spyderco wannabe:

Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

Victorinox Rambler loose in front pocket
DutchBlades

Post by DutchBlades »

My regular EDC has 2 Spydies and a Jester on the keys, but I tend to take my Emerson cqc7, 940 Osborne, etc from time to time.
Besides that I used to carry a Huntsman Plus with my keys, untill I lost it :(
Now It's a Super Tinker most of the times.
Besides that, it's the regular stuff; wallet, keys, phone, flashlight, pen, lighters, etc.
A tiger has claws.
A wolf has teeth.
An eagle has talons.
We, have Spyderco.

Grails: Abalone Mini Mariner, Ti ATR, WTC, Ti Lum Tanto
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

This one seems to have found a home in my LFP, just seems to disappear in there.

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

One of the only non Spyderco knives I've bought in the last 10 years...and I've only carried it to fondle it, can't wait to put it through it's paces (in 5 months..ugh).

Strangely enough, the other non Spyderco knife I've bought in the last 10 years is also a Kershaw. I think if I wasn't a Spyderco nut my brand of choice would probably be Kershaw.

swigert

Post by swigert »

Yesterday I had a para 2 in right front. North woods forest jack in front left in leather sheath. And a coye Forerunner on my belt in the appendix position.
BTG

Post by BTG »

image.jpg
ZT 0700 Elmax...once in a great while.