What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
VashHash

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by VashHash »

Enactive wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:13 pm
VashHash wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:33 am
Airport carry.

Forgot about this one.
Well, that's different for you. So used to seeing your several blades per day setup.

Hope you have good travels. :cool:
Yeah it feels very strange. I have those clipped in each a pocket to simulate the feeling. Can't wait to get my checked bag back. It has my spyderhawk and resilience in it.
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

VashHash wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:16 pm
Enactive wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:13 pm
VashHash wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:33 am
Airport carry.

Forgot about this one.
Well, that's different for you. So used to seeing your several blades per day setup.

Hope you have good travels. :cool:
Yeah it feels very strange. I have those clipped in each a pocket to simulate the feeling. Can't wait to get my checked bag back. It has my spyderhawk and resilience in it.
No surprise that you have a Spyderhawk in the luggage.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Got a Mora Garberg stainless for my birthday. OK, I ordered it for my birthday :D Too good a price to pass up. I’ve been using the Kansbol heavily, it was my one knife challenge choice for a November. Will be interesting to try this Garberg out. Thicker blade, full tang and considerably heavier than the Kansbol. Should be fun :cool:
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:44 pm
Got a Mora Garberg stainless for my birthday. OK, I ordered it for my birthday :D Too good a price to pass up. I’ve been using the Kansbol heavily, it was my one knife challenge choice for a November. Will be interesting to try this Garberg out. Thicker blade, full tang and considerably heavier than the Kansbol. Should be fun :cool:
Yeah, a couple years ago I got a 14c28n Garberg at a screaming price too... after I already had Eldris and Kansbol. Before that all my Moras were wood handled. I think you'll like it.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Enactive wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:54 pm
Woodpuppy wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:44 pm
Yeah, a couple years ago I got a 14c28n Garberg at a screaming price too... after I already had Eldris and Kansbol. Before that all my Moras were wood handled. I think you'll like it.
An Eldris should land tomorrow! This is the most stainless I’ve had at once (excepting the kitchen knives) in *years*.
usher

Post by usher »

pocket knives :D
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Bestech Swordfish D2
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Bark River Bobcat hunter in CPM154 with brown jigged bone and brass hardware. Been carrying it for a few days now. Great size for edc with a 3.5 inch blade and about 7.75 overall. Also only about 2.25mm stock thickness.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Here's the Eafengrow I had mentioned in the what other is in the mail thread. $27, but not even remotely close to the quality of the $52 Bestech Swordfish I have. That Bestech, is almost as good, well ****, actually as good as any flipper I've had. I cannot say enough good about the Bestech Swordfish. On to the Eafengrow EF226 pictured. It's about a couple notches above gas station quality to be honest. Of course, maybe this particular model is just not that good. My little brother has an Eafengrow CH3001, and it's better. Not nearly as good as the Bestech, but certainly better than its counterpart EF226. At any rate, it's not a bad knife for $27 imo.
The flipping action is decent. It didnt come very sharp at all. However, I'll report back after I sharpen it. At any rate, that's my initial impression after 5 minutes of ownership :D
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:25 am
Here's the Eafengrow I had mentioned in the what other is in the mail thread. $27, but not even remotely close to the quality of the $52 Bestech Swordfish I have. That Bestech, is almost as good, well ****, actually as good as any flipper I've had. I cannot say enough good about the Bestech Swordfish. On to the Eafengrow EF226 pictured. It's about a couple notches above gas station quality to be honest. Of course, maybe this particular model is just not that good. My little brother has an Eafengrow CH3001, and it's better. Not nearly as good as the Bestech, but certainly better than its counterpart EF226. At any rate, it's not a bad knife for $27 imo.
The flipping action is decent. It didnt come very sharp at all. However, I'll report back after I sharpen it. At any rate, that's my initial impression after 5 minutes of ownership :D

Living dangerously these days? :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:41 am
MacLaren wrote:

Lol!!! Haha, I had too :D
For $27, I thought " why not" :D
Plus, I didnt have a "Mall knife yet" :)
Last edited by MacLaren on Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:46 am
Ankerson wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

Will be a good experiment. :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:47 am
MacLaren wrote:
Ankerson wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

Hehehe.......when I go full operator ninja mode :D

Lol, I thought I would prolly get ribbed about this thing.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:48 am
Ankerson wrote:
MacLaren wrote:
Ankerson wrote:

All in fun though... :D

Mall Ninja is right. LOL :D
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:50 am
MacLaren wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:48 am
Ankerson wrote:
MacLaren wrote:

All in fun though... :D

Mall Ninja is right. LOL :D
Lol, u know it! :)
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Randall Model 14 Attack and 16 SP1

ImageRandall 14 and 16 by Jim Ankerson, on Flickr
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

MacLaren wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:09 pm
Bestech Swordfish D2
I have held a Swordfish in one hand and a 0452 in the other. While it is not a clone, they are way to similar for me. I have come close to buying the Swordfish many times. It really is decent quality for the price.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:52 am
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:09 pm
Bestech Swordfish D2
I have held a Swordfish in one hand and a 0452 in the other. While it is not a clone, they are way to similar for me. I have come close to buying the Swordfish many times. It really is decent quality for the price.
Yeah, I've had some very nice flippers and, for the money, nothing comes close to the Swordfish imo.
My cousin has one as well, but in a different color and his is just exceptional as mine. A sign of good quality control too.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Ankerson wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:44 am
Randall Model 14 Attack and 16 SP1

ImageRandall 14 and 16 by Jim Ankerson, on Flickr
I gotta say Jim, that's a pair of Ace's.
Very nice indeed. I'll bet they feel awesome in hand too.
Btw, which do ya like a little better?