What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
murphjd25

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by murphjd25 »

Josh
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

I've got a Cold Steel AD10 coming in tomorrow. I was missing my Shaman that I sold but then I got to thinking about why I sold it. And then I got to missing the Contego with custom smooth and contorlyred scales that I lost. So I went looking to see what on the market would fulfill that niche short of me coming up with the money for another Hinderer. Boom, AD10. Looks awesome. I had some store credit so I was able to get it for the original price, pre-price increase. I'm excited. Looks like it will address the issues I had with the Shaman.

Saving my money up. Will either be getting a Hinderer again or another Chris Reeve. But I need to focus more on Christmas gifts.

In the pocket right now is a GEC gunstock jack in autumn jigged bone in celebration of the end of summer.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Yep, I like it more than the Shaman. Just as comfortable but it locks your hand in better. More cutting edge. Edge feels like it is as thin as the Shaman's except maybe at the tip. I like a backlock more than a compression too. Very comfortable. I do wish they would bring the hollow grind back for this model. Also I wish the thumbstuds were bladestops like Hinderers. I know it wouldn't be necessary but would add another dimension of tankiness to this already tank knife while increasing side to side rigidity (again, doesn't need that. Just think it would be cool).

Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:21 pm
Yep, I like it more than the Shaman. Just as comfortable but it locks your hand in better. More cutting edge. Edge feels like it is as thin as the Shaman's except maybe at the tip. I like a backlock more than a compression too. Very comfortable. I do wish they would bring the hollow grind back for this model. Also I wish the thumbstuds were bladestops like Hinderers. I know it wouldn't be necessary but would add another dimension of tankiness to this already tank knife while increasing side to side rigidity (again, doesn't need that. Just think it would be cool).

I got myself an ad10 hollow ground, it's an exceptional knife! Slices well, and is very tough!

Just picked up a ZT 0456cf off of reddit today myself. It's pretty amazing! Never got into the full ti model, but the carbon fiber... So nice. Thought about getting a standard 456 and getting a carbon scale for it, but I got this for a steal, doesn't even look used, and serial number 50! Has a blue backspacer from a standard ti model and an aftermarket clip. This thing will see some pocket time!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Gent at work today. I love those little knives

Just received my ZT0801TI. Little bigger than I thought haha. For some reason I was thinking this was the updated version of the 0808. Guess I got confused between the 0801 models and 0808. Doesn't matter cause I'm really liking this 0801TI. Still gonna keep an eye for the smaller 0808

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Didn't post a picture earlier!
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

soc_monki wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:53 pm

Didn't post a picture earlier!
I really like that 0470! That, and maybe 0460, are probably the only other current production ZTs I'd like to have. I have an 0450 that I really like so the 0460 will probably never happen.
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:42 pm

I really like that 0470! That, and maybe 0460, are probably the only other current production ZTs I'd like to have. I have an 0450 that I really like so the 0460 will probably never happen.
I liked the 470 so much I got another one as a backup.. Lol it's really that good to me. I never had any love for the 450, I just don't like the looks. 452 as well...but i think the 470 is just a beautiful knife and it does good work as well!

I'm on the fence about the 460/462. I like the way they look, but I don't think they would work for me. The 456 now... I always kind of liked the looks, but not full titanium. Just never grabbed me. The carbon fiber though... I'm a sucker for it. It's a chunky one, but surprisingly ergonomic! Touched the blade up on the sharpmaker and it's a great slicer amazingly!
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Josh
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

VashHash wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:49 pm
Nice to see yours is getting used. A dagger blade Troodon with one side serrated is on my to-buy list.
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Slice up a bunch of cardboard with this. Really isn't bad. Maybe PM2 or Shaman level of cutting performance. I've still been thinking it would be cool to have this reground. Eityer way, it is really nice. Super smooth, feels very strong, and can easily be flicked open. Big pocket footprint though.

VashHash

Post by VashHash »

knivesandbooks wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:34 pm
Nice to see yours is getting used. A dagger blade Troodon with one side serrated is on my to-buy list.
I'm actually satisfied with microtech's elmax heat treat. This is my first knife in elmax and I wanted to see how it performs. The knife hasn't given me any trouble either.

My to buy list includes a combat troodon as well but I want the smooth handle.

I'm really trying to find a DE-S scarab. It's a double edge model but the flat/straight section at the top is sharpened. So it's double edge but not a dagger. You have the wharnecliffe style blade on one side and the regular shape with belly on the other side.
mikey177

Post by mikey177 »

I just finished using the Gayle Bradley 2, so this ZT 0095 is in my pocket while I sharpen the GB.
Attachments
zt_0095.jpg
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Case Mini Trapper
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Great carries and pics by the way everyone!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

murphjd25 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:23 pm
Nice scale contours! What’s the fixed blade?
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:23 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:23 pm
Nice scale contours! What’s the fixed blade?
Thank you sir! That’s the CPK (Carothers) FK2, utility field knife. 4 5/8” of Delta 3V heat treatment. It is literally **** near unbreakable. By far my favorite fixed blade I’ve ever owned. I have put it through **** and it keeps asking for more. I’ve heard they should be available again sometime next year.
Josh
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

Thanks Josh! That thing looks like it should hug your hand without locking you into one grip.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:32 am
Thanks Josh! That thing looks like it should hug your hand without locking you into one grip.
It’s the best and most comfortable handle I’ve ever seen on a fixed blade. They don’t call Nathan at CPK the mad scientist for nothing :D
Josh