What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Makunochimaster

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by Makunochimaster »

DSC_0511.JPG
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

soc_monki wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 2:25 am

Got my DLT 3.5 no choil skinny slicer in yesterday! We'll see how much time in spends in my pockets...
I got one, too! I've tried a few Hinderer models now, but the Skinnies are the only ones I've kept, and this blade is my favorite so far. Much slicier than your average Hinderer.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
soc_monki

Post by soc_monki »

JuPaul wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:50 pm

I got one, too! I've tried a few Hinderer models now, but the Skinnies are the only ones I've kept, and this blade is my favorite so far. Much slicier than your average Hinderer.

I think my perfect hinderer would be a skinny slicer blade in between standard (0.0165) thickness handles. More handle to grip, slicer blade for the business. But I love them all. The skinny is definitely a cutting machine, so anyone saying a hinderer just can't cut has no idea what they are talking about!

That scale is wicked... Where'd you get it?
:respect Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam, Native Chief, Blade HQ Manix 2 XL, S30V Shaman, Gayle Bradley 2, DLC M4 Shaman, Magnitude, Z Wear Shaman, DLC S30V Shaman, Stretch 2, Kapara, CF/S90V Native Chief, Endela, K390 Endura, DLT 20cv Zome Endela x 2, Police 4 LW K390, SNK Native Chief, SNK Manix 2 XL, K390 Stretch 2, Stretch 2 XL, K390 Endela
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Still hoping DLT comes through with a Skinny no choil Sheepsfoot. That has become my favorite XM blade shape, but the choil is useless to me.
bearfacedkiller

-Darby
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:58 am
You're really liking that Benchmade, aren't you! What model is it?
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Josh
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

Those Carothers are really, really nice, but the whole buying process puts me off. Too reminiscent of the Busse nonsense. I like both of yours and the larger one Vash Hash posts occasionally.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:10 pm
Those Carothers are really, really nice, but the whole buying process puts me off. Too reminiscent of the Busse nonsense. I like both of yours and the larger one Vash Hash posts occasionally.
They are sweet. And yes I totally get the whole buying process. I’ve actually never even tried that process, I’ve been fortunate to get the three I have from good friends at cost. I’ve never had luck on their Friday sales. He is venturing into Amazon though, their should soon be widely available there.
Josh
JRinFL

Post by JRinFL »

murphjd25 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:26 pm
JRinFL wrote:
They are sweet. And yes I totally get the whole buying process. I’ve actually never even tried that process, I’ve been fortunate to get the three I have from good friends at cost. I’ve never had luck on their Friday sales. He is venturing into Amazon though, their should soon be widely available there.
Great news, as long as can get production up enough.

Let us know how his AEB-L performs, please. I expect good things from it.
"...it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill
“Maybe the cheese in the mousetrap is an artificially created cheaper price?” -Sal
Friends call me Jim. As do my foes.
M.N.O.S.D. 0001
bearfacedkiller

The Meat man wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:26 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:58 am
You're really liking that Benchmade, aren't you! What model is it?
I am. I just got it but it isn’t new to me. It is the 3551 Stimulus. A 3” automatic with 2mm blade stock. Even with the dagger grind it still cuts reasonably well. Benchmade has basically been making it for about 15-20 years and the original version, the 3550, was the first expensive knife I ever owned and I carried it as my only knife for years. I was in my twenties still and thought autos were the coolest thing ever. One day I gifted it back to the person who had gifted it to me. That left me without a knife and since I was living in Colorado I bought a Spyderco. That was around 2007 and the rest is history. I bought it out of nostalgia. It is basically the same as the knife I carried through my middle and late 20’s. Those were the days!!!

Knifeworks is running deep discounts on some Benchmades. It is normally $187 which is steep but with the code it was $143 and I couldn’t resist.
-Darby
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

soc_monki wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:29 am
JuPaul wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:50 pm

I think my perfect hinderer would be a skinny slicer blade in between standard (0.0165) thickness handles. More handle to grip, slicer blade for the business. But I love them all. The skinny is definitely a cutting machine, so anyone saying a hinderer just can't cut has no idea what they are talking about!

That scale is wicked... Where'd you get it?
Thanks! It's from Sharp Dressed Knives. He makes matching filler tabs, too.
- Julia

VashHash

Post by VashHash »

JRinFL wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:29 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:26 pm
JRinFL wrote:
Great news, as long as can get production up enough.

Let us know how his AEB-L performs, please. I expect good things from it.
I don't know if you're active on bladeforums but you can always email them to see if they might have stuff available. People have had luck with that in the past regardless of a sale.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Been stuck on the 21 for a while now

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

abbazaba wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:48 pm
Been stuck on the 21 for a while now

Ohhh, that's a pretty one! I just saw that they're switching to a matte finish handle and stonwashed blade for the wood inlays models (instead of satin/polished ti). Not sure I'll like it as much.
- Julia

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

My small 31, even lightly carried with the polished finish seems to have some discoloration in a few spots that won't clean up with a microfiber cloth or Flitz. It's made the polished finished models an easy pass in the future. Pretty frustrating. I know I could send it in for the spa treatment, but that seems like a waste for a knife that's just carried around on Saturdays.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:04 pm
My small 31, even lightly carried with the polished finish seems to have some discoloration in a few spots that won't clean up with a microfiber cloth or Flitz. It's made the polished finished models an easy pass in the future. Pretty frustrating. I know I could send it in for the spa treatment, but that seems like a waste for a knife that's just carried around on Saturdays.
Interesting. I haven't had that problem yet. But it looks now you won't have to worry about that on the wood inlay models!
- Julia

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:06 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:04 pm
Interesting. I haven't had that problem yet. But it looks now you won't have to worry about that on the wood inlay models!
I'm honestly very confused how it's happened with mine. It's the small with the macassar ebony inlays. Really the only knife I have that I truly baby! Right around the CRK logo by the pivot, as well as on heel where the lanyard is. Of course on the show side! I still love the knife, but that baffles me a bit since it's not exposed to any grit, grime, elements, etc.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick