What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
mikey177

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by mikey177 »

Spyderco Hanan and Kershaw Knockout for today.
Attachments
hanan and knockout.jpg
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:50 am
We forgot to get the mail yesterday, the kid ran out to the mailbox this morning and this beauty was a surprise, wasn't supposed to be here until Tuesday! What a fine little knife, I knew I'd love it.

Glad to hear it doesn't disappoint. Mine is in the mail.
Airlsee

Post by Airlsee »

abbazaba wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:23 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
We forgot to get the mail yesterday, the kid ran out to the mailbox this morning and this beauty was a surprise, wasn't supposed to be here until Tuesday! What a fine little knife, I knew I'd love it.

I've had the EZC for a couple of years, but I would rather have this one! LOL!!

I eventually had to unsubscribe from the MBK drops because I like 90% of the stuff they are putting out and didn't want to be tempted by every drop. Honestly I just love Ray Laconico's designs...but MBK is doing them better than anyone in my opinion, which is not wholly surprising.
So it goes.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Its a beauty for sure! I'm not normally one to get too excited about the action on a knife, but behind my ZT 0470 this knife is the next smoothest I have. Which also makes me question on the hate of bearings over washers, as both of these mentioned are on bearings and have arguably the best action of any knives I own.

I'm interested in any of you that have the Swayback and this knife, to chime in with your thoughts. I feel for $200, this Slayback is a heck of a deal, especially considering the very rare ZDP-189 steel offering.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Airlsee wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:31 pm
abbazaba wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

I eventually had to unsubscribe from the MBK drops because I like 90% of the stuff they are putting out and didn't want to be tempted by every drop. Honestly I just love Ray Laconico's designs...but MBK is doing them better than anyone in my opinion, which is not wholly surprising.
I totally understand. I see at least 5 sold out knives that if they were in stock, I'd likely have at least 2 right now! Wharnie's are beginning to suck me in from every direction these days.

-Rick
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

DSC_0215.JPG
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
ladybug93

Post by ladybug93 »

on a hike today. this is why i don't get it when people complain about the manix being a pocket hog. i still had my phone in the same pocket and perfectly accessible while carrying a rajah 2. i wouldn't want to run a race with it in my pocket, but it wasn't terrible and it wasn't even bouncing around or pulling my shorts down.

keep your knife sharp and your focus sharper.
current collection:
C253GBBK, C258GFBL, C101GBBK2, C11GYW, C11FWNB20CV, C101GBN15V2, C101GODFDE2, C60GGY, C149G, C189, C101GBN2, MT35, C211TI, C242CF, C217GSSF, C101BN2, C85G2, C91BBK, C142G, C122GBBK, LBK, LYL3HB, C193, C28YL2, C11ZPGYD, C41YL5, C252G, C130G, PLKIT1
spyderco steels:
CPM 20CV, CPM 15V, CTS 204P, CPM CRUWEAR, CPM S30V, N690Co, M390, CPM MagnaCut, LC200N, CTS XHP, H1, 8Cr13MoV, GIN-1, CTS BD1, VG-10, VG-10/Damascus, 440C
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:58 pm
Its a beauty for sure! I'm not normally one to get too excited about the action on a knife, but behind my ZT 0470 this knife is the next smoothest I have. Which also makes me question on the hate of bearings over washers, as both of these mentioned are on bearings and have arguably the best action of any knives I own.

I'm interested in any of you that have the Swayback and this knife, to chime in with your thoughts. I feel for $200, this Slayback is a heck of a deal, especially considering the very rare ZDP-189 steel offering.
Is that Slayback a liner lock with titanium slabs or is it an actual Reeve frame lock? Pictures I seen looks like it’s a liner lock.
Josh
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

I hate to love this one

Last edited by abbazaba on Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:39 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Is that Slayback a liner lock with titanium slabs or is it an actual Reeve frame lock? Pictures I seen looks like it’s a liner lock.
Yep, it's a liner lock. A very thin one at that. I'll get a picture of it later if you like.

-Rick
Senfkarte

Post by Senfkarte »

abbazaba wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:57 pm
I hate to love this one

Don't laugh, but I think I love it, too.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Yep, it's a liner lock. A very thin one at that. I'll get a picture of it later if you like.
Thanks Rick. I wonder why they did that? Seems weird to me.
Josh
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

ladybug93 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:00 pm
on a hike today. this is why i don't get it when people complain about the manix being a pocket hog. i still had my phone in the same pocket and perfectly accessible while carrying a rajah 2. i wouldn't want to run a race with it in my pocket, but it wasn't terrible and it wasn't even bouncing around or pulling my shorts down.

Truly an epic knife! Always wanted to get a Rajah. I'd probably carry my Hold Out 1 more often if the G10 wasn't such a pocket shredder. Fun knives 🙂
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Yesterday, carved and batonned with the ESEE 3HM while playing with my small wood stove. Hotdogs are best cooked over a wood fire 🙂.

murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Josh
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:

Glad you like the Slayback - I think it's an incredible little knife. And I've mentioned that the Swayback is my current favorite Spydie. Of course they have similar blade shapes and neutral(ish) handles, but the Swayback is much larger in all dimensions, and of course has a framelock and isn't a flipper. It also has a nice hollow grind.
Both are incredible knives, imo, but lately I find myself reaching for the Slayback quite a bit because it's so great for lightweight shorts and that blade is sooo slicey.
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

murphjd25 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:52 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
murphjd25 wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

Thanks Rick. I wonder why they did that? Seems weird to me.
So I asked Ray Laconico on IG if he planned to release a larger version of the Slayback, and he said that there is one in the works. I bet that one will have a framelock. On this small Slayback I think the liner lock is fine, though. Plus there's no worry about pressure on the lockbar messing with the detent strength, which I think could be an issue on a knife this thin and small.
- Julia

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:07 pm
Airlsee wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:31 pm
abbazaba wrote:
TkoK83Spy wrote:

I totally understand. I see at least 5 sold out knives that if they were in stock, I'd likely have at least 2 right now! Wharnie's are beginning to suck me in from every direction these days.
Me, too, Rick! Wharnies, sheepsfoot blades, anything with that low tip. Really love carrying them these days.
- Julia

JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

I pre-ordered this at the beginning of the year and it finally arrived! This might be the best production Bugout yet, imo. Not having grivory scales makes such a huge difference on this knife, and these contoured aluminum ones are awesome. Still super lightweight and they look incredible.
- Julia

murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

JuPaul wrote:
Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:56 pm
I pre-ordered this at the beginning of the year and it finally arrived! This might be the best production Bugout yet, imo. Not having grivory scales makes such a huge difference on this knife, and these contoured aluminum ones are awesome. Still super lightweight and they look incredible.
Wow, love that new Bugout Julia! It is such an exceptional knife without the Grivory scales. As far as the Slayback goes, I may wait and see if they make a large one. I just can’t wrap my head around why they wouldn’t make it a Chris Reeve framelock, just seems kind of weird to me and looks funny I guess…
Josh