What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DSH007

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by DSH007 »

I love the look of those BRK Kepharts, Darby. Really nice!

I have my TRM Neutron in the pocket today. One of my few non-Spydies. I've only had it a day, but I really like it already.. it's a very nice knife!

Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I've been on a slip joint kick lately, so today it's a FOX knives Libri. Nice traditional feel meets modern materials.
Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Ferrum Forge Exec

Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

GEC #86
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Those are some clean knives Pat! So nice and simple. 3 flippers with no studs or holes in the blade is different to see from you.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Josh
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

DSH007 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:54 am

I have my TRM Neutron in the pocket today. One of my few non-Spydies. I've only had it a day, but I really like it already.. it's a very nice knife!

Thanks! I have almost bought an Atom a few times. It is very appealing to me plus they are made about an hour away from my house.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
bearfacedkiller

Maxamet Native and BRK Mini Kephart in Bocote/3V

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

FHFG INFI RATMANDU IWB
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:46 am
DSH007 wrote:

Thanks! I have almost bought an Atom a few times. It is very appealing to me plus they are made about an hour away from my house.
Atoms go on sale tmrw, 12/19 at noon! www.threeriversmfg.com Pretty sure I saw in a TRM instagram post that they are ready to ship, not wait-list. I was thinking about trying to pick one up, but funds are running low for me this month due to buying Christmas presents for everyone, so we'll see how that goes haha..

The Neutron is very well-made. Granted, I've only had it a couple of days, but I'm really happy with it so far.. By all accounts the Atom is just as impressive. I live relatively close to TRM as well.. I'm about an hr and a half away, in northeastern MA.. and there is something pretty cool about knowing that the knives are manufactured so close by! :)
Rick H.

bearfacedkiller

DSH007 wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:27 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
DSH007 wrote:

Atoms go on sale tmrw, 12/19 at noon! www.threeriversmfg.com Pretty sure I saw in a TRM instagram post that they are ready to ship, not wait-list. I was thinking about trying to pick one up, but funds are running low for me this month due to buying Christmas presents for everyone, so we'll see how that goes haha..

The Neutron is very well-made. Granted, I've only had it a couple of days, but I'm really happy with it so far.. By all accounts the Atom is just as impressive. I live relatively close to TRM as well.. I'm about an hr and a half away, in northeastern MA.. and there is something pretty cool about knowing that the knives are manufactured so close by! :)
Yeah, I am gonna hold off buying myself anything until after the holidays.

I grew up in Beverly but that was over 25 years ago now. I still make it down that way to visit family once in a while.
-Darby
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:58 am
DSH007 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:
DSH007 wrote:

I grew up in Beverly but that was over 25 years ago now. I still make it down that way to visit family once in a while.
Beverly is a nice spot! A bunch of my friends used to play in beer league softball tournaments there.. for a few years it became kind of a summer ritual that I'd go down, hang out and man the grill for everybody.. good times!

I keep telling myself that I'm not going to by any knives until 2020.. but I have a feeling that I will probably end up buying myself an Atom today. I wish I had your restraint!
Rick H.

Sharp Guy

Post by Sharp Guy »

Sharp Guy wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:37 pm
Ferrum Forge Exec

Execs are on sale again this weekend. Not priced quite as low as the last sale but still a pretty good deal IMO

http://www.ferrumforge.com/store/p260/E ... _Sale.html
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!
bearfacedkiller

DSH007 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:33 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
DSH007 wrote:
bearfacedkiller wrote:

Beverly is a nice spot! A bunch of my friends used to play in beer league softball tournaments there.. for a few years it became kind of a summer ritual that I'd go down, hang out and man the grill for everybody.. good times!

I keep telling myself that I'm not going to by any knives until 2020.. but I have a feeling that I will probably end up buying myself an Atom today. I wish I had your restraint!
The North Shore was a nice place to grow up for sure.

It is interesting to note that Halpern Titanium and Three Rivers Manufacturing have the same mailing address. :) I guess they wanted to get into the knife directly and they seem to be doing well. Next time the Atom drops I am on it.
-Darby
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Great Eastern Cutlery Eureka Jack and Stockyard Whittler in acrylic covers.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

MichaelScott wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:26 pm

Great Eastern Cutlery Eureka Jack and Stockyard Whittler in acrylic covers.
Beautiful sir!
Josh
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:06 am
DSH007 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:33 am
bearfacedkiller wrote:
DSH007 wrote:

The North Shore was a nice place to grow up for sure.

It is interesting to note that Halpern Titanium and Three Rivers Manufacturing have the same mailing address. :) I guess they wanted to get into the knife directly and they seem to be doing well. Next time the Atom drops I am on it.
Yes, TRM is a subsidiary of Halpern Titanium. Pretty interesting article.. https://businesswest.com/blog/halpern-t ... ed-growth/. They seem like good people and, based on my Neutron, they are doing excellent work. I always like supporting the little guy when I can (especially when they deserve it).. I've been recommending TRM to anyone that will listen lately.

Haha, I actually ended up getting busy at work and missed the last Atom drop.. checked an hour after the fact and they were long gone.. I'll be in on the next one for sure!
Rick H.

bearfacedkiller

That is a great article.

There should be more Atoms available in mid January. :D
-Darby
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Hogue Deka I'm with GMascus handles. Love this knife. And GEC big jack.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!