What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
PeaceInOurTime

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Makunochimaster wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:49 pm
PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 8:43 pm
[img
:)
IMG_20210509_064745_095.jpg

:D :D
I can't risk breaking a nail! Lol
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

EA813634-B025-4AD0-9364-80AF5D94BE6F.jpeg
D15F9011-81B5-48D0-9BAA-0CB38BA68687.jpeg
191C9D33-2B27-40EE-AE20-39502E01CA8B.jpeg
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

A Benchmade Osborne and a Case Texas Jack.
Attachments
408B4E28-022D-4D61-943B-A519279C96B5.jpeg
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Pokey wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:15 am
That 940 is beautiful! Never seen that iteration before.
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

Pokey wrote:
The Texas Jack looks like it's developing a little patina, and I like the amber bone (and need to add some of it to my Case collection).
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 10:28 am
Pokey wrote:
That 940 is beautiful! Never seen that iteration before.
The 940 is a Bass Pro/Cabela’s (Bassela’s ?) exclusive. They’re carbon fiber/Dymondwood w/ D2 steel. The model number is: 940-1601.
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

IMG_20210510_151646_067.jpg
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 4:56 am
How do you feel about the ergos on that Inkosi?! Have to agree, once it's broken in (or taken apart and cleaned up and tweaked because I'm like an impatient child :p ) the action on these knives is pretty darn good!

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!
murphjd25 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 9:49 pm
What’s crazy is how it becomes so easy and like second nature to open them after a little bit. Best action ever.
I think the ergos are great, Rick! Those index/middle finger choils really lock in the grip nicely and the knife feels really secure in hand. I also appreciate that while the choils really enhance the standard grip, they don't seem to force you to only grip the knife one way or detract from any other particular type of grip.. so it remains comfortable to hold/use in a variety of ways. I can't decide if I'd prefer the Inkosi with inlays or not.. they might be nice to fill out the grip a little bit more, but as is, I think the PJ is perfectly comfortable for me. The thing I've noticed about CRKs is that none of them look especially ergonomic.. kind of simple, maybe a little boxy.. but once you get them in hand, they absolutely are.. very much so!

This Inkosi's action was really nice right out of the box and it was easy to dis/assemble and get everything right back like it was. I absolutely love the bushing pivots on the 21/31s, but I have to admit, its also pretty awesome to be able to dial in the action to my liking on the Inkosi. Absolutely no play and so, so smooth!

I'd be interested in you guys' take on loctite.. do you use it on your Inkosis? When I disassembled mine on Friday night, I noticed that there was no loctite on it from the factory.. so when I reassembled, I didn't bother using any. Figured I'd keep an eye on it and see how it held up, especially at the pivot. Seems to be holding securely without the loctite and I haven't noticed any of the screws trying to back out yet.. granted it's only been a few days haha. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add a drop next time, a little peace of mind..

Anyways.. I'm loving this thing.. such a great knife!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

DSH007 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:11 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
How do you feel about the ergos on that Inkosi?! Have to agree, once it's broken in (or taken apart and cleaned up and tweaked because I'm like an impatient child :p ) the action on these knives is pretty darn good!

murphjd25 wrote:
What’s crazy is how it becomes so easy and like second nature to open them after a little bit. Best action ever.
I think the ergos are great, Rick! Those index/middle finger choils really lock in the grip nicely and the knife feels really secure in hand. I also appreciate that while the choils really enhance the standard grip, they don't seem to force you to only grip the knife one way or detract from any other particular type of grip.. so it remains comfortable to hold/use in a variety of ways. I can't decide if I'd prefer the Inkosi with inlays or not.. they might be nice to fill out the grip a little bit more, but as is, I think the PJ is perfectly comfortable for me. The thing I've noticed about CRKs is that none of them look especially ergonomic.. kind of simple, maybe a little boxy.. but once you get them in hand, they absolutely are.. very much so!

This Inkosi's action was really nice right out of the box and it was easy to dis/assemble and get everything right back like it was. I absolutely love the bushing pivots on the 21/31s, but I have to admit, its also pretty awesome to be able to dial in the action to my liking on the Inkosi. Absolutely no play and so, so smooth!

I'd be interested in you guys' take on loctite.. do you use it on your Inkosis? When I disassembled mine on Friday night, I noticed that there was no loctite on it from the factory.. so when I reassembled, I didn't bother using any. Figured I'd keep an eye on it and see how it held up, especially at the pivot. Seems to be holding securely without the loctite and I haven't noticed any of the screws trying to back out yet.. granted it's only been a few days haha. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to add a drop next time, a little peace of mind..

Rick, I’ve never used loctite on my Sebenzas, I really don’t think the Sebenzas need it..as far as the Inkosi goes I always put a little tiny dab of blue on the pivot when I would reassemble it just to be safe. I’m glad you are liking it! You really have to hold one and use it, and also take it down and reassemble one to really appreciate what a CRK is.
Josh
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

murphjd25 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:05 am
DSH007 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 9:11 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:

murphjd25 wrote:

Rick, I’ve never used loctite on my Sebenzas, I really don’t think the Sebenzas need it..as far as the Inkosi goes I always put a little tiny dab of blue on the pivot when I would reassemble it just to be safe. I’m glad you are liking it! You really have to hold one and use it, and also take it down and reassemble one to really appreciate what a CRK is.
Thanks Josh! I think you're right.. a little dab sounds like a solid plan. I definitely agree that it's not needed on the Sebenzas, those screws stay where you put them haha. I'm definitely loving this Inkosi.. I don't know that I could ever decide whether I preferred the Inkosi to the Sebenza though..it's really close for me haha.. they are both such great knives!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

DSH007 wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 10:26 am
Thanks Josh! I think you're right.. a little dab sounds like a solid plan. I definitely agree that it's not needed on the Sebenzas, those screws stay where you put them haha. I'm definitely loving this Inkosi.. I don't know that I could ever decide whether I preferred the Inkosi to the Sebenza though..it's really close for me haha.. they are both such great knives!
Glad you're enjoying it! I absolutely love the Large Inkosi and now feel like I need a Large Sebenza to make the comparison myself. Just don't want to buy anymore knives at the moment...but we all know how that goes!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Not a problem! And good luck, I say that all the time, now theirs a Mnandi out for delivery today haha.
Josh
Pokey

Post by Pokey »

Carrying a byrd Raven 2 and an Opinel No. 06 today.
Attachments
2C56BFF5-FE03-4F96-A785-63A4FC3082AA.jpeg
SG89

Post by SG89 »

This is the king, huh?
It's cool. I like it. Idk about it being $375 tho. It's definitely a keeper.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

Congrats!

FWIW, my first sebenza was a Small PJ, and for the money, it disappointed me and I eventually sold it.
However, a couple years later my experience with the Umnumzaan gave me reason to try the Sebenza again, eventually a Large with Bocote inlays... That knife blew me away and took me down the Idaho rabbit hole.
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

33F0E5F6-F330-49F4-A868-62CDCC603963.jpeg
Dan In MI

Post by Dan In MI »

M Sea, that's very nice. What are the particulars on it?
Regular carrier: zome green Delica 4
Occasional/situational carrier: Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade
Display only: Manbug with Wharncliffe blade, Dragonfly 2 with Wharncliffe blade, zome green Delica 4
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

Dan In MI wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:14 am
M Sea, that's very nice. What are the particulars on it?
Thanks, it's a Lionsteel SR1-AL, D2 blade just under 4". Its chunky, a workhorse. It has a dial on the lock side that closes off the lock travel, making it more secure than most folders if needed. I like the knife, but it's definitely a two handed opener. Thumb studs are high and far so I just open it like my old Buck 110's. If you want, I can dm/email or add more pics here.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Josh