What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
jmh58

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by jmh58 »

RFP.. CASE 6392 Red Bone with experience!! Will add a Spyderco later!! John :)
Not all who wander are lost!!!

Of all the paths you take in life...
Make sure some of them are Dirt!!! ;)
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Case 22087 jack , large German Eye lock back Sodbuster, Kershaw 1870 Knockout
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

jmh58 wrote:RRP.. Kershaw OD-1, rfp.. Case 62055 redbone jack (The original 55 not the sea horse whittler), watch pocket.. Leatherman Juice S2.. John :)
The Kershaw OD-1 is my favorite flipper of all time because is folds down out of the way in the open position and doesn't get in the way when closing by coming down right on top of your thumb nail. It would have to get my vote as best flipper design of all time and I don't know why Spyderco couldn't make something like that
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Al-Mar Falcon... and of course, a Spydie.

I have the little OD-2, and it is a neat slim flipper, especially for the cost.
Going back to Caly.
elrond18

Post by elrond18 »

a BK14 in my backpocket (my spydies are always carried in front pocket)
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

The Benchmade Mini-Griptilian or the Benchmade Hunt North Fork sometimes get to go for a ride along.

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Almoe66 wrote:The Benchmade Mini-Griptilian or the Benchmade Hunt North Fork sometimes get to go for a ride along.

Quick question: What are your thoughts on the Mini-Griptilian? I am seriously considering the blue round hole Mini-Griptilian (simply because it is smaller than the Delica 4). Before I spend $87, I'd be curious what you think. It would be this or a new Delica 4.
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

SpyderNut wrote:
Almoe66 wrote:The Benchmade Mini-Griptilian or the Benchmade Hunt North Fork sometimes get to go for a ride along.

Quick question: What are your thoughts on the Mini-Griptilian? I am seriously considering the blue round hole Mini-Griptilian (simply because it is smaller than the Delica 4). Before I spend $87, I'd be curious what you think. It would be this or a new Delica 4.

I've had a couple of the 555 Mini-grips, and they are cool little knives, especially if you can find one for like $70 or less. From the few I've handled it does seem that QC does vary quite a bit though. One I have is very tight and smooth and flips open by touching the Axis lock, but another cannot find a middle ground between stiff to open or wobbly blade play.

Going back to Caly.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Thanks for the info on the Mini-Grip, Speed. That does help. I really like your custom handles on both knives too. (Are those by Kevin Wilkins, by chance?).
SpeedHoles

Post by SpeedHoles »

Yep, G10 Wilkins Grips. I really like them for the Delica, makes the grip much more substantial. Thought about getting some for my Lil Matriarch as well, but they are a heavy chunk of change!
Going back to Caly.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

farnorthdan wrote:Image
Tell me more!! OAL, steel, who, what, when, where!! :cool: John :)

farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

jmh58 wrote:
farnorthdan wrote:Image
Tell me more!! OAL, steel, who, what, when, where!! :cool: John :)
JR's bushcraft & survival knives, O1 tool steel, micarta scales. This one was less than $100, it's one of joeys neckers, OAL is just over 6 inches. I really like how the handle fills the hand unlike alot of other neckers out there. Took about 6 weeks to arrive after ordering.
Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
Almoe66

Post by Almoe66 »

SpyderNut wrote:
Almoe66 wrote:The Benchmade Mini-Griptilian or the Benchmade Hunt North Fork sometimes get to go

Sorry SpyderNut for the delayed response. I like the mini-grip and enjoy the axis lock. It is actually my daughters favorite for ease of deployment. With that said, I understand the knock on the handles feeling like plastic, but it doesn't bother me in the least. I actually like the feel. (Similar to the FRN debate)

The biggest thing that was already mentioned is the price point. I paid $72 for mine and have been very happy equating this in my mind as a $70 knife. I don't think I would feel the same way at $89.

Good luck with your decision.
Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

Walt Whitman
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Almoe66 wrote:
SpyderNut wrote:
Almoe66 wrote:The Benchmade Mini-Griptilian or the Benchmade Hunt North Fork sometimes get to go

Sorry SpyderNut for the delayed response. I like the mini-grip and enjoy the axis lock. It is actually my daughters favorite for ease of deployment. With that said, I understand the knock on the handles feeling like plastic, but it doesn't bother me in the least. I actually like the feel. (Similar to the FRN debate)

The biggest thing that was already mentioned is the price point. I paid $72 for mine and have been very happy equating this in my mind as a $70 knife. I don't think I would feel the same way at $89.

Good luck with your decision.
Hey thanks, man! I appreciate your input. I hope you don't mind me asking, but where were you able to find one for $72? For some reason, I can only find them at around $80+. :( Kind of a bummer because I'd like to pick one up.
enduraguy

Post by enduraguy »

New favorite carry piece. It's actually a (gasp!) made in China replica of a Microtech "Halo" variant. Materials: half titanium, half carbon fiber handle. Titanium charging handle. Satin finished VG10 blade, with a 4mm blade stock...nice and beefy all the way to the tip of the blade. Titanium blued lock button, blue finished screws. Fit and finish are honestly on par with Microtech. I have owned Microtech halo knives in the past and I feel qualified to say that. These Chinese makers are really stepping up their game lately. If I recall it right Robbie Dalton actually came along with his "Ranger" knife first circa 1994 which Microtech used to "inspire" their "CFO" and "Halo" lines. Granted, they did improve the design. I paid $300. If I'd purchased something similar from Microtech, I'd probably paid close to $3,000.
micro.jpg
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

I'm used to carry the Pioneer, but decided to try the Farmer for a change.

I recently added an alox Minichamp, which rides along in the coin pocket with my AAA light.

I love those alox scales! They are vastly more durable (and thinner) than the regular red plastic ones.

Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
gijoe945

Post by gijoe945 »

Brass Mercator Kat,and a regular size Douk Douk.
jmh58

Post by jmh58 »

RRP.. Orange Kershaw Packrat.. RFP.. GEC green micarta single blade 92 with a SWEET vinegar patina!! John :)

dewildeman

Post by dewildeman »

Right now a CRKT Squid, sort of a poor man's Techno.