What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
The Meat man

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by The Meat man »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:42 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:31 pm
:eek:

😍😍😍 So, so beautiful!
Thank you! :)

It's a very fine knife. I haven't used it really at all yet. Extremely smooth, fit and finish is of course flawless. It's a bit sensitive to lockbar pressure when trying to flip it open, but I'm getting more familiar with the best ways to hold it while opening.

The blade is a thing of beauty too, and ground to a mere 0.009" BTE. I'm told that the blades are hand ground, which is almost hard to believe given the precision and perfection of every line and contour.

The clip is visually and ergonomically a work of art, and functions fine on regular pants/jeans material, but unfortunately my uniform work pants are the Wrangler Riggs with the leather pocket protector flap. It's almost too much material for some clips, this one included. It works fine, just takes a bit more tugging and pushing to get it clipped. Not a big deal, and of course not a fault of the knife in any way.

Right now, I'm just enjoying the novelty of owning, carrying, and using a Shiro. ;) Time will tell if I eventually decide to move this one on and go for a F95/F3 as originally planned, or if I end up keeping it.

Remember the days when we thought that $50 was a LOT to spend on a knife? :rolleyes: :D
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

This others section has really taken off the past year or so. Definitely fun to see the other styles we branch off to besides our Spyderco's. Trying grails we've always wanted, but also realizing they are so sought after that you can make your money back, or maybe lose a few dollars...but what's $20 when you're spending $500??

Thanks to everyone that keeps this thread interesting!!
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
GiftedMisfit

Post by GiftedMisfit »

I'd sell a few spydies for that beauty too.
:cussing
ladybug93 wrote: And now I'm wondering how a translator will render "butt hurt"
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

The Meat man wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:25 pm
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:42 pm
The Meat man wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:31 pm
:eek:

😍😍😍 So, so beautiful!
Thank you! :)

It's a very fine knife. I haven't used it really at all yet. Extremely smooth, fit and finish is of course flawless. It's a bit sensitive to lockbar pressure when trying to flip it open, but I'm getting more familiar with the best ways to hold it while opening.

The blade is a thing of beauty too, and ground to a mere 0.009" BTE. I'm told that the blades are hand ground, which is almost hard to believe given the precision and perfection of every line and contour.

The clip is visually and ergonomically a work of art, and functions fine on regular pants/jeans material, but unfortunately my uniform work pants are the Wrangler Riggs with the leather pocket protector flap. It's almost too much material for some clips, this one included. It works fine, just takes a bit more tugging and pushing to get it clipped. Not a big deal, and of course not a fault of the knife in any way.

Right now, I'm just enjoying the novelty of owning, carrying, and using a Shiro. ;) Time will tell if I eventually decide to move this one on and go for a F95/F3 as originally planned, or if I end up keeping it.

Remember the days when we thought that $50 was a LOT to spend on a knife? :rolleyes: :D
Looks great! I've been tempted by this one as well, but keep hoping a F95 SLIM pops up. Hoping to hear a long term review from you some day!
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

JuPaul wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:48 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:43 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:58 am

Nope, that's my first one I got a few months back. My pocket princess haha! Seeing that KnifeWorks has a Large 31 with micarta available right now...telling myself I need to sell 2 Spydie's in order to buy it, but I don't really have two that I'm SUPER eager to sell at the moment!
oh, nice.. she's a beauty for sure!

Hah I'm in the same boat.. I keep telling myself I need to sell off a few before buying any new ones haha.. we'll see how it goes.. when it comes to knives, I'm pretty much a full-on TLC-channel-level hoarder.. :o
I've been doing pretty well the past few months, but now my knife stands are completely filled and my stand that they go on doesn't have any room for anymore...now the true test of what I value most finally comes to light! Sadly, I've found it easier to let some of my Spydie's go in recent months, than any of my "others" :confused:
Yeah, I've sold off a lot of Spydies, too, but mostly ones that I had duplicates of in different steels. I know what steels I like now, so I'm only keeping my favorites. And I've sold plenty of "others" too, I just had waaay more Spydies to begin with! I'm loving branching out, but Spyderco still has my heart. ;)
It's funny - when you finally slow down purchasing and do a sell off after a lifetime (or years) of accumulating knifes you end up with a bunch of "knife capital"... And even though it may not have been your intent, all of a sudden those really expensive blades you've wanted to try seem like the logical thing to do with all that money :D
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Resized_20210422_101349.jpeg

-Rick
benben

Post by benben »

ECAD967E-AD99-498A-BF7B-DF6A22D951E3.jpeg
I think the 0562 is a fantastic user!
The Meat man

Post by The Meat man »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:19 am
How are you liking that one? Looks like it would be a terrific slicing knife.
- Connor

"What is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

1697A7B7-5AC4-4A0A-8E11-63368F53F8A4.jpeg
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

abbazaba wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:04 am
JuPaul wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:48 pm
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:43 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 pm

oh, nice.. she's a beauty for sure!

Hah I'm in the same boat.. I keep telling myself I need to sell off a few before buying any new ones haha.. we'll see how it goes.. when it comes to knives, I'm pretty much a full-on TLC-channel-level hoarder.. :o
I've been doing pretty well the past few months, but now my knife stands are completely filled and my stand that they go on doesn't have any room for anymore...now the true test of what I value most finally comes to light! Sadly, I've found it easier to let some of my Spydie's go in recent months, than any of my "others" :confused:
Yeah, I've sold off a lot of Spydies, too, but mostly ones that I had duplicates of in different steels. I know what steels I like now, so I'm only keeping my favorites. And I've sold plenty of "others" too, I just had waaay more Spydies to begin with! I'm loving branching out, but Spyderco still has my heart. ;)
It's funny - when you finally slow down purchasing and do a sell off after a lifetime (or years) of accumulating knifes you end up with a bunch of "knife capital"... And even though it may not have been your intent, all of a sudden those really expensive blades you've wanted to try seem like the logical thing to do with all that money :D
"Knife capital".. There's definitely something to that! I find that as my collection grows I'm buying fewer and fewer knives lately.. but the ones that I'm buying cost more. I definitely need to start liquidating some knife capital to fund some more larger purchases haha :D
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

The Meat man wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:19 am
TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:19 am
How are you liking that one? Looks like it would be a terrific slicing knife.
I love the looks of it, and have even against my own rules...used it in the kitchen!! :eek: :p mainly because I haven't used it on any nasty stuff at work. It's definitely a slicer that's for sure! Nice, long blade too. Comes with S35VN, so should hold up pretty well once I start cutting more stuff. I used to tell myself I only needed 1 or 2 knives for classy carry...I suddenly feel like I have 5 or more options now!

-Rick
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:56 pm
This others section has really taken off the past year or so. Definitely fun to see the other styles we branch off to besides our Spyderco's. Trying grails we've always wanted, but also realizing they are so sought after that you can make your money back, or maybe lose a few dollars...but what's $20 when you're spending $500??

Thanks to everyone that keeps this thread interesting!!
Totally agree. $20 is nothing on a $500 blade
I would rent a $500 blade for a month or two for $20
That's another way to look at it :)
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

MKT Fat Daddy
Check out the different colors in each of the Six Gun Pivot....
A better pic below
Van Gogh Starry Starry Night
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Im afraid when the Ti scales show up for the Bugout, it may become a Sebenza killer. The Bugout is **** near the perfect knife. Took me long enough to finally grab one.
Josh
SG89

Post by SG89 »

murphjd25 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:01 pm
Im afraid when the Ti scales show up for the Bugout, it may become a Sebenza killer. The Bugout is **** near the perfect knife. Took me long enough to finally grab one.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/bz0wbCc.jpg[/img
Wow that is a bold statement.
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
Team Sick

Post by Team Sick »

Hinderer XM-18 Spanto S45VN & Eklipse 3.5 Bowie, Ferrum Forge Stinger rotating with Maxamet, Para 2&3, Maxamet Sage 1 Rex45 Native 5 G-10, Native 5 Salt, SpydieChef, and K390 Delica 4 and Endura.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

murphjd25 wrote:
My Ti Bugout was one of my most carried knives to office... back when I went to work. Now I carry a Sebenza every day :D

My current pair: https://i.imgur.com/3m5mwRL.jpg

Same cutting edge as a PM2 in an incredibly practical package. FWIW I have a third Bugout in the mail right now. Hopefully we see a 3.6" Bugout someday (not a fan of the Bailout).
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Spydergirl88 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:57 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/bz0wbCc.jpg[/img
Wow that is a bold statement.
LOL
Josh
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

abbazaba wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:26 pm
murphjd25 wrote:
My Ti Bugout was one of my most carried knives to office... back when I went to work. Now I carry a Sebenza every day :D

My current pair: https://i.imgur.com/3m5mwRL.jpg

Same cutting edge as a PM2 in an incredibly practical package. FWIW I have a third Bugout in the mail right now. Hopefully we see a 3.6" Bugout someday (not a fan of the Bailout).
Nice! A slightly larger Bugout would be ideal
Josh