What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Senfkarte

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by Senfkarte »

The knife with, in my opinion, the best slicer to price ratio you can get. I like it and use it :)

murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

The advocate is a semi custom level framelock once you delete the huge flipper pecker, and blast that gold away. Also carrying a Case Bose.
Josh
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

VashHash wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:39 am
MacLaren wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:10 pm
I like the way that swedge is ground in.
Thank you. She's extremely nice all-round imo.
Not a hint of lockstick either. Hope she stays that way too. 🙏
JuPaul

Post by JuPaul »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:33 am
Thankfully this little guy has been a blast to use today! :D Half the price, but 3 times the cutter!

I'm glad you're getting to see how fun it is to carry a fixed blade!

Sorry about the CRK bevel. That's one reason I like having a guided system - it makes reprofile jobs a lot easier, imo. But given the supposedly awesome CRK warranty, I wonder if you could get them to even it out?
- Julia

"Be excellent to each other." - Bill S. Preston, Esq.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

VashHash wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:18 pm

Raise you one Behemother, HDMC, HDFK, 2 FK2s, and a Folder :D

:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:50 am
VashHash wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:18 pm

Raise you one Behemother, HDMC, HDFK, 2 FK2s, and a Folder :D

Whoa whoa whoa. That's not how it works. You have to raise one then wait for me to raise or fold. Can't just go all in like that. I'm at work right now so you win. Only other cpk I have is the medium Chopper but I'm wearing my fk2 right now.
benben

Post by benben »

MacLaren wrote:
Another Medford, is this a new one or one I missed before?
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

I really like those Carothers, but I’d mellow the belly out gently. The handles look amaze-balls!

How does one get one? All via BF?
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

benben wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:56 am
MacLaren wrote:
Another Medford, is this a new one or one I missed before?
It's a new one and it's very sweet. Of course, all of them are. This is a Proxima. A flipper. I really like it.i wish it weren't raining here today. The scales are really nice. I'd like to get a good pic of them. It's a Galaxy theme .
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:59 am
I really like those Carothers, but I’d mellow the belly out gently. The handles look amaze-balls!

Yeah only on BF. Nathan has sales at noon every two weeks on Fridays in the Custom Knifemakere for sale section. Next sale should be Friday April 2.
Josh
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

murphjd25 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:23 am
Woodpuppy wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:59 am

Yeah only on BF. Nathan has sales at noon every two weeks on Fridays in the Custom Knifemakere for sale section. Next sale should be Friday April 2.

He is also about to launch a basic line of knives that will be sold on Amazon. I believe the first two are going to be a 5" Field Knife and a 7" Super Duty Field Knife. Then he will sell a "signature version" of the SDFK on BF as well. There is also a Kephart in the works along with a bunch of other cool stuff coming down the line.

I've done away with my BRKs and ESEEs and now the only fixed blades I buy are CPK and LT Wright (and Mora's for beaters if you want to count those). I'm honestly not even really interested in any of Spyderco's fixed blade offerings despite my undying love and devotion for their folders.

And yes, the handles on the CPKs are indeed Amaze-balls! The shaped Micarta and Tero-tuf handles are really unbelievable in hand. Super ergonomic.
:bug-white-red CRU-CARTA THE SEKI MODELS! :bug-white-red AND BRING US THE DODO-FLY! :bug-white-red
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

What he said^ CPK is the only fixed blades I’ll buy and carry. They are that good.
Josh
archangel

Post by archangel »

20210325_202308_copy_1651x1238.jpg
I like to have a pair of scissors on me, they come in handy almost every day. Plus I use the toothpick quite often... ;)
Michael
48 Spydies, 44 different models, 43 different steels
Grail knife, still to be acquired: original Tuff by Ed Schempp Feel free to help me find one at a reasonable price...
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

archangel wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:25 pm
20210325_202308_copy_1651x1238.jpg

I like to have a pair of scissors on me, they come in handy almost every day. Plus I use the toothpick quite often... ;)

I agree! I love the scissors on the classics and ramblers! I have them on all my keychains and scattered throughout the house and vehicles.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

One of my favorite combos

Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:19 pm
He is also about to launch a basic line of knives that will be sold on Amazon. I believe the first two are going to be a 5" Field Knife and a 7" Super Duty Field Knife. Then he will sell a "signature version" of the SDFK on BF as well. There is also a Kephart in the works along with a bunch of other cool stuff coming down the line.

I've done away with my BRKs and ESEEs and now the only fixed blades I buy are CPK and LT Wright (and Mora's for beaters if you want to count those). I'm honestly not even really interested in any of Spyderco's fixed blade offerings despite my undying love and devotion for their folders.
You’ve piqued my interest with the 5” field knife, and doing away with your BRKs. I have a Bravo 1 that I’ve never really made friends with. It’s too thick and the handle isn’t what I hoped. I’ve thought about wrapping sandpaper around it, grabbing hold, and working it till it feels right... I prefer using my Moras to that Bravo 1. Maybe this is why I’m hesitant to drop $200 on a knife when my first go at it was disappointment.
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:19 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:19 pm

You’ve piqued my interest with the 5” field knife, and doing away with your BRKs. I have a Bravo 1 that I’ve never really made friends with. It’s too thick and the handle isn’t what I hoped. I’ve thought about wrapping sandpaper around it, grabbing hold, and working it till it feels right... I prefer using my Moras to that Bravo 1. Maybe this is why I’m hesitant to drop $200 on a knife when my first go at it was disappointment.

Yeah, the Bravos are really thick and not great slicers. They make a Bravo LT that is thinner, but still not my cup of tea. The CPKs are pretty thick, but have a slicey geometry, but can also take a good deal of abuse. Best of both worlds. The fit and finish of my CPKs are all perfect where every BRK I've had has been less than stellar.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:14 pm
The CPKs are pretty thick, but have a slicey geometry, but can also take a good deal of abuse. Best of both worlds. The fit and finish of my CPKs are all perfect where every BRK I've had has been less than stellar.
I noticed Carothers follows Larrin on IG and seems excited about the new steel :cool:
steelcity16

Post by steelcity16 »

Woodpuppy wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:11 pm
steelcity16 wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:14 pm
The CPKs are pretty thick, but have a slicey geometry, but can also take a good deal of abuse. Best of both worlds. The fit and finish of my CPKs are all perfect where every BRK I've had has been less than stellar.
I noticed Carothers follows Larrin on IG and seems excited about the new steel :cool:

Yep, I can definitely see him doing one in it! He uses AEB-L in some knives now. I'd like to see him do a Camp Chef in CPM-MagnaCut.
M Sea

Post by M Sea »

TkoK83Spy wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:38 am
This guy is going to be riding on the belt quite often, waiting for their new batch of 3V models to be released :cool:

Resized_20210324_122754(1).jpeg
Its great to see the fixed blade working out for you. I enjoy carrying a fixed blade. These Bradford’s are excellent. Do you scout carry it?