What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
VashHash
Member
Posts: 3655
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby VashHash » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:04 am

Carothers field knife 2
Image

And the RMD
Image

murphjd25
Member
Posts: 2255
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Bothell,WA

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby murphjd25 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:59 pm

^^^**** fantastic choices!!

Got my Sebenza again today.
Image
Josh

User avatar
MichaelScott
Member
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 am
Location: Southern Colorado

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby MichaelScott » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:04 pm

Image

Image

My Great Eastern Cutlery 29 Stockyard Whittler in grits, butter and molasses acrylic covers which are more amazing in real life.

I have an Oil Field Jack in natural canvas micarta on the way.
What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger. Except infantry. Infantry will kill you.

“Gentlemen, bring out your men.” — T. J. Jackson, Second Manassas, 1862

http://acehotel.blog

benben
Member
Posts: 504
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:34 pm
Location: Gastonia, North Carolina.

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby benben » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:24 pm

My first non-Spyderco post in this thread. Picked up a ZT 0562 today, it’s just weird opening a pocket knife without a hole! Super high quality, very well made, and there’s nothing to pick out, very nice! I feel pretty sure I’m going to like it.
37EC46BF-E4AF-4A02-A1DE-1F61367FDFE0.jpeg
74443082-4547-454E-BB27-E9A0AC8B6536.jpeg

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 1846
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Woodpuppy » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:22 pm

VashHash wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:04 am
Carothers field knife 2
Image

And the RMD
Image
I luv that field knife!!!
:spyder: My other blade is a Kelly Perfect :spyder:

VashHash
Member
Posts: 3655
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby VashHash » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:35 am

Woodpuppy wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:22 pm
VashHash wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:04 am
Carothers field knife 2
Image

And the RMD
Image
I luv that field knife!!!
I'm enjoying it so far. Performs very well.

Image

User avatar
Sharp Guy
Member
Posts: 5207
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:19 pm
Location: Over here!

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Sharp Guy » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:22 pm

Kizer-Ray Laconico-Yorkie

Image

About the size of an Urban
Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most!

User avatar
SpyderNut
Member
Posts: 7799
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Hoosier Country, USA
Contact:

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby SpyderNut » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:27 pm

Really enjoying my new Microtech Ultra-Tech.

Image
:spyder: Michael Reinhold

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal

User avatar
knivesandbooks
Member
Posts: 1361
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby knivesandbooks » Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:07 am

Microtech Socom Elite and Reel Steel Luna.
I own an assisted knife and am embarrassed to admit I enjoy it.

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5735
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby MacLaren » Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:39 am

SpyderNut wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:27 pm
Really enjoying my new Microtech Ultra-Tech.

Image
Oh man, it's even got CTS-204P! Very nice!!
Congratz Michael :D

User avatar
SpyderNut
Member
Posts: 7799
Joined: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:33 am
Location: Hoosier Country, USA
Contact:

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby SpyderNut » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:30 pm

MacLaren wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:39 am
SpyderNut wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:27 pm
Really enjoying my new Microtech Ultra-Tech.

Image
Oh man, it's even got CTS-204P! Very nice!!
Congratz Michael :D
Thank you! :) I had been wanting one of these for some time, so Mrs. SpyderNut decided to surprise me with one for Christmas. (Well, I *might* have hinted a little bit about wanting one in 204P with the double edge and Apocalyptic finish, but she did most of the work :D ) I love the double edge, even though I’m not usually a big fan of DE knives. It fires ferociously and locks up like a vault. It’s officially knocked my beloved Troodon out of my pocket, which I didn’t think would be possible.
:spyder: Michael Reinhold

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5735
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby MacLaren » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:38 pm

SpyderNut wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:30 pm
MacLaren wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 10:39 am
SpyderNut wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:27 pm
Really enjoying my new Microtech Ultra-Tech.

Image
Oh man, it's even got CTS-204P! Very nice!!
Congratz Michael :D
Thank you! :) I had been wanting one of these for some time, so Mrs. SpyderNut decided to surprise me with one for Christmas. (Well, I *might* have hinted a little bit about wanting one in 204P with the double edge and Apocalyptic finish, but she did most of the work :D ) I love the double edge, even though I’m not usually a big fan of DE knives. It fires ferociously and locks up like a vault. It’s officially knocked my beloved Troodon out of my pocket, which I didn’t think would be possible.
She's wicked. Glad you love it. :spyder:

User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 886
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Enactive » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:18 pm

GEC Eureka Jack
IMG_20191231_145913.jpg
The backspring detail on the secondary blade is quite nicely done.
IMG_20191231_160847.jpg
I really like the Oil Field Jack, but also wanted something equally nice but a little smaller. It suits the purpose.

User avatar
MichaelScott
Member
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 am
Location: Southern Colorado

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby MichaelScott » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:32 am

Image

Great Eastern Cutlery 86 Oil Field Jack in natural canvas micarta
What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger. Except infantry. Infantry will kill you.

“Gentlemen, bring out your men.” — T. J. Jackson, Second Manassas, 1862

http://acehotel.blog

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 5523
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Ankerson » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:44 am

MichaelScott wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:32 am
Image

Great Eastern Cutlery 86 Oil Field Jack in natural canvas micarta

NICE... :)

I can't look at these too long though, makes me miss my Barlow's I used to carry all the time.

kirilpetkov
Member
Posts: 174
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:37 am

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby kirilpetkov » Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:53 pm

Image

User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 886
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Enactive » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:09 pm

As much as i like my Oilfield Jack, i wanted a slightly smaller and lighter GEC 2-blade Jack. This Eureka Jack in OD Green Micarta fits that role just fine.
IMG_20200101_133533.jpg

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5735
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby MacLaren » Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:17 pm

kirilpetkov wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 1:53 pm
Image
Very nice!
I have a Victorinox like that too.

User avatar
MichaelScott
Member
Posts: 2759
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:42 am
Location: Southern Colorado

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby MichaelScott » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:59 pm

Ankerson wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:44 am
MichaelScott wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:32 am
Image

Great Eastern Cutlery 86 Oil Field Jack in natural canvas micarta

NICE... :)

I can't look at these too long though, makes me miss my Barlow's I used to carry all the time.
Almost perfectly made knife this Oil Field Jack. Better grip for me with the natural canvas micarta. I’d likely have a GEC Barlow if they were ever available at a less than ruinous cost.
What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger. Except infantry. Infantry will kill you.

“Gentlemen, bring out your men.” — T. J. Jackson, Second Manassas, 1862

http://acehotel.blog

User avatar
soc_monki
Member
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:54 am

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby soc_monki » Sun Jan 05, 2020 4:28 pm

Image

Picked up a classic today. The original! The Buck 110!

Need to pick up a thumbstud for it... :D
Spyderco : Resilience, Tenacious, Persistence, Manix 2 G10, Para 3 G10, Para 3 LW, Paramilitary 2,
BBS Paramilitary 2, Amalgam
Kershaw : Tone, Cryo, Cryo 2, Thermite, Atmos, Natrix 7007cf, Natrix 7008cf, Bareknuckle 7777, Bareknuckle 20cv, Concierge
Zero Tolerance : 0566CF, 0770CF, 0770GRYBW, 0562CF, 0470, 0456CF, 0095BW, 0801TI
Ontario : Rat 1
CRKT : Caligo
Civivi : Plethiros, Baklash
Cold Steel : AD10
Benchmade : 810-1401 Contego, 15080-2 Crooked River, 15080-Custom Crooked River, 560BK-1 Super Freek, 15085 Mini Crooked River, 940-2, 550-1 Griptilian, 950bk Rift
Buck : 110, Bucklite 422, 110 LT, 110 Slim Select, 112 Slim Pro
Artisan : Tradition


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ankerson, Wartstein and 8 guests