What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
TkoK83Spy
Member
Posts: 3034
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby TkoK83Spy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:52 pm

Resized_20190813_190617.jpeg
Currently have 20 :spyder: 's in 14 different steels.

-Rick

User avatar
Mako109
Member
Posts: 1035
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:43 pm
Location: Seattle/San Francisco, USA

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Mako109 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:02 pm

abbazaba wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:27 pm
Image
Where did you get the CF scale for your XM-18 Skinny? Looks fabulous. Is it a standard CF scale or one made specifically for the skinny?

Thanks much!

User avatar
abbazaba
Member
Posts: 3049
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Location: New England

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby abbazaba » Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:21 pm

BF member Keyman made it skinny specific. I'm sure he'll make you one as well. Thanks!

User avatar
knivesandbooks
Member
Posts: 1346
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:43 pm
Location: Tulsa, OK

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby knivesandbooks » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:40 pm

VashHash wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:58 pm
Image

Couldn't find this thing for like a month or 2. Apparently it was hiding in my backpack. Fell from one compartment to another because of a hole
I forget how much flatter they used to be. Still, awesome knife. Need to bust my g10 one out.
I own an assisted knife and am embarrassed to admit I enjoy it.

VashHash
Member
Posts: 3576
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby VashHash » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:02 am

knivesandbooks wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:40 pm
VashHash wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:58 pm
Image

Couldn't find this thing for like a month or 2. Apparently it was hiding in my backpack. Fell from one compartment to another because of a hole
I forget how much flatter they used to be. Still, awesome knife. Need to bust my g10 one out.
I got it for a good price "used". It's been reliable so far.

VashHash
Member
Posts: 3576
Joined: Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:49 pm
Location: Louisiana

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby VashHash » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:23 am

This is my desk /pack knife

Image

User avatar
bearrowland
Member
Posts: 1329
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:59 pm
Location: Central Pennsylvania

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby bearrowland » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:42 pm

👍👍
Barry
:spyder: :spyder: :spyder:

murphjd25
Member
Posts: 2221
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:43 am
Location: Bothell,WA

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby murphjd25 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:25 am

Image
Josh

User avatar
abbazaba
Member
Posts: 3049
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:40 pm
Location: New England

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby abbazaba » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:11 am

Image

User avatar
spyderg
Member
Posts: 927
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Middle of Canada

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby spyderg » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:28 am

1307D248-9E21-470E-9B2F-1C42C4F0F61B.jpeg
If you're wielding the sharpest tool in the shed, who's going to say that you aren't...?

User avatar
ZrowsN1s
Member
Posts: 4884
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:08 pm
Location: San Diego, California USA

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby ZrowsN1s » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:14 am

Microtech has pulled me in with their CA Legal OTF's. I begged Spyderco to make these, but it wasn't in the cards.

The last 4 knives I've bought have been Microtech's. CA UTX-70's, a black and dlc blade Single edge, and a red and dlc double edge. And 2 Exocets one standard, one a DLC blade with black body and clip and red hardware (blackwater ammo exclusive).

Image

Image

You have to keep OTF blades a little cleaner than a folder, but man are they fun. If I lived in a state that let me carry full sized OTF's Spyderco would have some real competition for my attention.
Carrying 3 knives is perfectly normal :D
-Matt

User avatar
Woodpuppy
Member
Posts: 1673
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Woodpuppy » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:23 pm

I’m doing a one-knife challenge for November over on the Bushcraft forum. Since I can’t have a fixed blade at work, there is an exemption for “legalities”...

Here’s the November knive, a Mora Kansbol

Image

At work I’ll use the AEB-L Urban.
:spyder: My other blade is a Kelly Perfect :spyder:

User avatar
Enactive
Member
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:19 pm
Location: Wet side of Washington

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Enactive » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:39 pm

Woodpuppy wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:23 pm
I’m doing a one-knife challenge for November over on the Bushcraft forum. Since I can’t have a fixed blade at work, there is an exemption for “legalities”...

Here’s the November knive, a Mora Kansbol

At work I’ll use the AEB-L Urban.
Looks good. Good choice, it is a versatile knife with good ergos and handling.

I do like the orange handled version. I got mine when they were only selling them in green (which also looks good).

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5553
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:26 am

VashHash wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:23 am
This is my desk /pack knife

Image
Very nice. :spyder:

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5553
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:43 am

I'm really diggin this one
Image

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 5286
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Ankerson » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 am

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:43 am
I'm really diggin this one
Image

Old Tank Buster.

Had a few of those myself.

They are a real tank. :D

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5553
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 am

Ankerson wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:43 am
I'm really diggin this one
Image

Old Tank Buster.

Had a few of those myself.

They are a real tank. :D
Lol, I saw one come up on the forum, that I could actually afford and just bought the darn thing.
I still gotta get a Province!
Good thing with the Province, is it should be around for a long time :D

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 5286
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Ankerson » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:53 am

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 am
Ankerson wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:43 am
I'm really diggin this one
Image

Old Tank Buster.

Had a few of those myself.

They are a real tank. :D
Lol, I saw one come up on the forum, that I could actually afford and just bought the darn thing.
I still gotta get a Province!
Good thing with the Province, is it should be around for a long time :D


Tried to break one years ago, beat the hell out of it just to see what it could take, well beyond anything even remotely reasonable...

MacLaren
Member
Posts: 5553
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Location: Asheville,NC,USA,Earth

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby MacLaren » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:57 am

Ankerson wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:53 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 am
Ankerson wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:43 am
I'm really diggin this one
Image

Old Tank Buster.

Had a few of those myself.

They are a real tank. :D
Lol, I saw one come up on the forum, that I could actually afford and just bought the darn thing.
I still gotta get a Province!
Good thing with the Province, is it should be around for a long time :D


Tried to break one years ago, beat the hell out of it just to see what it could take, well beyond anything even remotely reasonable...
Now, I would have loved to watch that!
That wouldve been awesome :D

User avatar
Ankerson
Member
Posts: 5286
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Postby Ankerson » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:59 am

MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:57 am
Ankerson wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:53 am
MacLaren wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:49 am
Ankerson wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:45 am



Old Tank Buster.

Had a few of those myself.

They are a real tank. :D
Lol, I saw one come up on the forum, that I could actually afford and just bought the darn thing.
I still gotta get a Province!
Good thing with the Province, is it should be around for a long time :D


Tried to break one years ago, beat the hell out of it just to see what it could take, well beyond anything even remotely reasonable...
Now, I would have loved to watch that!
That wouldve been awesome :D

I had 3 of them, 2 for the collection and one to test. :eek:


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: legOFwhat?, wrdwrght and 5 guests