What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Naperville

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by Naperville »

As I've said a few times, I use everything I own. Started carrying my Neill Schutte 8 inch dagger, in M390 tonight. Yesterday I carried a Winkler Knives dagger.

I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
kirilpetkov

Post by kirilpetkov »

VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Naperville wrote:
Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:03 pm
As I've said a few times, I use everything I own. Started carrying my Neill Schutte 8 inch dagger, in M390 tonight. Yesterday I carried a Winkler Knives dagger.

That's a beautiful dagger. Has a Loveless flair to it. I might have to look up that maker.
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Josh
Naperville

Post by Naperville »

VashHash wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:53 am
That's a beautiful dagger. Has a Loveless flair to it. I might have to look up that maker.
Yes, it is quite the looker. Neill Schutte has won several awards, and is in the South African Knife Guild.

The knife was $800US and worth every penny. It is so fast in the hand, so light and responsive, and the blade so thin...if you decided to stick something with it, it will stay STUCK!

Don't buy all the blades now...leave a few for me! :D
I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

The Godfather came in. It is just so big and fun.

I also recieved one of those Work sharp / Benchmade pocket fine ceramic stone/strop. Hit my SAK Spartan I keep at my desk with it. It's fine, about what I expected. Should be great for my traditionals. Not as versatile as the double stuff or Falkniven stones. But, I love the idea of having a collapsed and protected stone and strop on me.
Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

IMG_20190813_213518.jpg
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
knivesandbooks

Post by knivesandbooks »

Waiting in line at Whataburger with my godson

Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and on those in the tombs bestowing life!
zippifish

Post by zippifish »

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Resized_20190621_110226.jpeg
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

zippifish wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:53 am
Nice Skinny!
Josh
murphjd25

Post by murphjd25 »

Josh
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

My new camp knife. Bark River Mountain Man. It is 5.5 inches of 2.2mm 3V with antique bone linen micarta and red liners. It has a thin grind, a swedge and some distal taper. Overall it is an insanely slicey knife for the camp site. I used it all weekend for all manners of camp chores and it performed amazingly well.

-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
zippifish

Post by zippifish »

murphjd25 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:07 pm
zippifish wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:53 am
Nice Skinny!
Thanks, loving it so far.
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Not in the pocket, sheath is fixed to my life jacket. It was gifted to me yesterday. Had a $6.99 sticker still on it. Good rope cutter for times when it's hard to avoid the edge hitting steel. Also carrying the resilience and pac salt.
Last edited by Pelagic on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:19 pm
My new camp knife. Bark River Mountain Man. It is 5.5 inches of 2.2mm 3V with antique bone linen micarta and red liners. It has a thin grind, a swedge and some distal taper. Overall it is an insanely slicey knife for the camp site. I used it all weekend for all manners of camp chores and it performed amazingly well.
Hey Killer, I've been looking at the 5" 4V Bark River Kephart. I've not seen the Mountain Man but I'm interested now. 2.2mm blade stock is certainly appealing. :cool:
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

Pelagic wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:59 pm
Not in the pocket, sheath is fixed to my life jacket. It was gifted to me yesterday. Had a $6.99 sticker still on it.
Way cool Hitch! You ever get sick of dredging you could get a job butchering chickens. :p
Pelagic

Post by Pelagic »

Bloke wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:07 pm
Pelagic wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:59 pm
Not in the pocket, sheath is fixed to my life jacket. It was gifted to me yesterday. Had a $6.99 sticker still on it.
Way cool Hitch! You ever get sick of dredging you could get a job butchering chickens. :p
Lol, I'll keep that in mind! It won't be long and I'll be over it. I'm sick of the digging part. Most of my experience and passion is in building beaches (where we usually pump the sand). I want to run equipment (bulldozer, front-end loader, excavator) on beach jobs. I used to be a surveyor, operating a vehicle called the C. R. A. B. (stands for "Coastal Research Amphibious Buggy — Google it) which surveyed beaches before and after dredging jobs. I miss the beach work.

I'm pretty knifed out today. On top of what I'm carrying, I have my s110v Military in my bag, as well as a brand new Cold Steel Broken Skull in XHP. The broken skull literally came hair whittling sharp from the factory. Sharpest knife I've ever received.
Pancake wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:20 pm
Are you a magician? :eek:
Nate wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 pm
You're the lone wolf of truth howling into the winds of ignorance
Doeswhateveraspidercan wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:17 pm
You are a nobody got it?
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Bloke wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:02 pm
Hey Killer, I've been looking at the 5" 4V Bark River Kephart. I've not seen the Mountain Man but I'm interested now. 2.2mm blade stock is certainly appealing. :cool:
Ha, I actually have the 5” Kephart as well. :cool: I will try to get a comparison pic for you soon. I also have the Wilderness Explorer which is about the same size as well. Interestingly, they are both called 5” knives but my Kephart measures just over 5.25 inches and the Mountain Man is about 5.5 inches. They aren’t small knives.

I haven’t actually used the 5” Kephart much yet at all. I have used the 4” Kephart a bit and like it. I used the 4” Kephart and Mountain Man camping this weekend. Both are the same thin blade stock. :)

The mountain man slices better but the 5” Kephart is still a thin knife. I guess it depends on what you want it for.
-Darby
sal wrote:Knife afi's are pretty far out, steel junky's more so, but "edge junky's" are just nuts. :p
SpyderEdgeForever wrote: Also, do you think a kangaroo would eat a bowl of spagetti with sauce if someone offered it to them?
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:06 pm
Bloke wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:02 pm
Ha, I actually have the 5” Kephart as well. :cool: I will try to get a comparison pic for you soon. I also have the Wilderness Explorer which is about the same size as well. Interestingly, they are both called 5” knives but my Kephart measures just over 5.25 inches and the Mountain Man is about 5.5 inches. They aren’t small knives.

I haven’t actually used the 5” Kephart much yet at all. I have used the 4” Kephart a bit and like it. I used the 4” Kephart and Mountain Man camping this weekend. Both are the same thin blade stock. :)

The mountain man slices better but the 5” Kephart is still a thin knife. I guess it depends on what you want it for.
You're a gem! I knew if anyone on the Forum was likely to have modern classic fixed blades it'd be you mate. :)

I'd greatly appreciate some comparison shot as I've had my eye on a 5" 4V Dark Curly Maple Kephart for a few weeks now and as unbelievable as it sounds I've found them here in Oz cheaper than I could buy and have shipped from the US. :cool:

I'll likely end up with both the Mountain Man and Kephart which I'll use pretty much as you do though not as often I s'pose and I'll buy Jim's Province to flog against our hardwood just for the heck of it. :rolleyes: