What "Other" is in your pocket???

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Bloke

Re: What "Other" is in your pocket???

Post by Bloke »

A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

If it's not either of my 2 Spyderco's, which I can't wait to expand on my collection of these... I'll typically carry my Kershaw Launch 7 Auto knife or my Benchmade 940-2. Quite the difference/variety in my small collection!
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

It never made it to my pocket. Had a brain fuzz and bought a CRKT Pilar for $24. I like Hemingway. It would barely lock up maybe 5%. Metal filing still on the lock face. Took it apart. Dirty and greasy. Cleaned it. Lubed it. Tried to rectify the crappy lock up. If the seller won’t take it back I will send it to the crappy knife graveyard. At least it was an inexpensive lesson. Sticking with the Spyder.
Overheard at the end of the ice age, “We’ve been having such unnatural weather.”

http://acehotel.blog

Team Innovation
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

MichaelScott wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:20 pm
It never made it to my pocket. Had a brain fuzz and bought a CRKT Pilar for $24. I like Hemingway. It would barely lock up maybe 5%. Metal filing still on the lock face. Took it apart. Dirty and greasy. Cleaned it. Lubed it. Tried to rectify the crappy lock up. If the seller won’t take it back I will send it to the crappy knife graveyard. At least it was an inexpensive lesson. Sticking with the Spyder.
I hear ya! Though I do have a couple Kershaw knives that I like, once I got my hands on these Spydercos it's safe to say most of those will be sold or just sit around now. The quality difference all around, I can see why these are more expensive and so popular.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

The attachment Resized_20180406_085705.jpeg is no longer available
Resized_20180406_085548.jpeg
This is my Kershaw Launch 7 Auto knife. Something about this knife I really dig. Very sleek and slim in the pocket with a very sharp blade. Also love the green aluminum handle. One of the few Kershaws made in the USA as well!
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Resized_20180406_102357_1523024817897.jpeg
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

TALON52

Post by TALON52 »

^^^^^^SWEET!!
USMC Disabled Veteran 69/73 Semper Fi
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Wow Bloke man that Enzo Scandi Ground knife looks excellent. It is similiar to the Spyderco puukkos and Ray Mear's folder.
Bloke

Post by Bloke »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:53 pm
Wow Bloke man that Enzo Scandi Ground knife looks excellent. It is similiar to the Spyderco puukkos and Ray Mear's folder.
It’s a PK70 and a lovely little knife SEF. The fit and finish is second to non and you can likely see it’s not something I put to work and I only pocket it on the odd occasion. :)
A day without laughter is a day wasted. ~ Charlie Chaplin
ugaarguy

Post by ugaarguy »

RickC27 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:04 am
I hear ya! Though I do have a couple Kershaw knives that I like, once I got my hands on these Spydercos it's safe to say most of those will be sold or just sit around now. The quality difference all around, I can see why these are more expensive and so popular.
I've just stumbled across this. Which Kershaws do you have? Unfortunately Kershaw has some really, really cheap Chinese made stuff that they're still selling as Kershaw. Some of the super cheap Chinese Kershaws are equivalent to Spyderco's Byrd brand. Then there are nicer Chinese made Kershaws that are as nice as Spyderco's Chinese made but still Spyderco branded value line. Then there are US made Kershaws like the Leek, Skyline, Knockout, Link, and Dividend that are as nice as any similarly priced Spydercos. Of course, the really nice Kershaws are ZT knives, which are equal to or better than even the most expensive Spydercos in quality.
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

I have a Launch 7 Auto, which I absolutely love and is US made. I have a couple pics of that posted a few comments above in this thread actually. The shape and style of the knife is like a sleek fighter jet. I have a Cryo 2 which I think is pretty decent for the cheap price ($35) That was my main edc until I got bit by the Spydie last month. Also have a very cheap Clash model with the black blade that got scuffed up after about 10 minutes of fairly light use.
farnorthdan

Post by farnorthdan »

Happy to be part of this great forum and group of down to earth spyderco addicts, Thanks Sal and gang.
My Grails: Lum Tanto folder sprint, Sprint Persian(red), Captain, Manix 2 (M4), SB MT, PM2 M390, CF dodo, Manix2 (CF S90V),Manix2 XL S90V, Zowada CF Balance Rassenti Nivarna, Lil' Nilakka, Tuff, Police 4, Chinook 4, Caly HAP40 52100 Military, S110V Military, Any/All PM2 & Military sprints/exclusives I can get my grubby hands on :) :spyder: :) :spyder: :)

"We may look curious, homely, whatever, but we'll never be called unusable or undependable."
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

Schrade Sharpfinger 152OT.jpg
Scrhade Old Timer Sharpfinger one new 1520T 7CR17MOV (same as 440A) and one used 152 in 1095 high carbon steel on the way. Very nice looking knife. There is a new 1520TL Sharpfinger which is a little wider in blade and a little longer in both handle and blade making for a solid four finger grip. This is a truly iconic American knife.
Calgary on the Bow
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

Brous Division
RickC27

Post by RickC27 »

Resized_20180420_150209.jpeg
Needed to cut a string off my shirt, figured this was the proper tool!
mjdragonfly

Post by mjdragonfly »

RickC27 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:17 pm
Resized_20180420_150209.jpeg

Needed to cut a string off my shirt, figured this was the proper tool!
Looks great for prepping up an inexpensive cut of steak prior to a nice marinade. I do very much like the blade shape.
Calgary on the Bow
vivi

Post by vivi »

RickC27 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:00 am
Resized_20180406_085705.jpeg

Resized_20180406_102357_1523024817897.jpeg

This is my Kershaw Launch 7 Auto knife. Something about this knife I really dig. Very sleek and slim in the pocket with a very sharp blade. Also love the green aluminum handle. One of the few Kershaws made in the USA as well!
My problem with Kershaw is it seems every single knife they make has a sharp point right where I want to put my thumb. Your knife has that problem. The part where the blade and handle meet and form a mild point...that's right where my thumb would want to go. I stopped buying Kerhsaws because of that, their affinity for rust-prone beadblast finishes, and Thomas W. being a dick to me.

I've decided that I'm going to try to stick to folders with straight spines because it seems ones with thumb ramps are designed for people with much smaller hands than me. I either get ****** ergonomics, or I feel like my thumb is extended too far, or it feels really cramped up. The Police 3 and Military seem to be the only folders that got thumb ramps right, but even then I don't like how those knives feel when using the index choil.
:unicorn
vivi

Post by vivi »

Worlds shittiest phone picture....

Some combination of these three. These are the only knives in my EDC rotation besides a SE Pacific Salt I keep in my EDC bag as a back-up.
:unicorn
valenciamanu

Post by valenciamanu »

Last edited by valenciamanu on Wed May 02, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.