Kizer Knives

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
RanCoWeAla

Kizer Knives

Post by RanCoWeAla »

These are about the most beautiful knives I have ever seen. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with these Chinese knives. Its just a shame they ruined most of them by mounting the pocket clips for tip down carry. I just keep looking at online pictures of these knives over and over.
GCG199

Re: Kizer Knives

Post by GCG199 »

Kizer is putting out some very high-quality knives. I have bought three of them in the past month and am quite impressed by the fit and finish of them. They are one of the best deals in the knife world right now too. All of mine have flippers, thumbstuds, and openback/flow-through construction:

The first one was the newer Ki443A1 with a modified semi-harpoon swedge/upswept clip-point blade. Crucible CPM-S35VN blade steel, blue anodized liners, G10 handle scales with cut-out pattern to enhance the grip and 4-way pocket clip mounting. It is designed by Tomcat USA knives. (But I haven't been able to find out any information about them.) It opens the easiest of them all, with a "light-switch" press of the flipper.

The second is the Ki5414A1 with a modified American Tanto with swedge grind and recurved belly. Green G10 handle scales, tip-up or tip-down right-side only pocket clip mounting. CPM-S35VN blade steel. This one came new a little stiff to open, but it is loosening up as I use it more.

The last one is the Ki404B1 with a dropped-point blade of VG-10, framelock with black G10 handle scale. There are small circles milled into both sides of the handle. Right-side tip-up or tip-down pocket clip mounting. (This one started out as tip-down-only, but they are adding tip-up to more of their knives now.) This one has stiff opening action and takes a solid wrist flick to make sure that it opens all the way.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Thanks for your reply. I'm seriously considering one of these as my next purchase.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

They aren't the most original designs, but if you really dig those styles of knife, the price looks pretty decent for the materials used, assuming F&F is sound. Personally, I like flippers and AO knives somewhat but rarely purchase a liner or even RIL knife anymore unless it has a :spyder: on it. Call me spoiled.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I've been wanting one for ages. Namely, the 5404A2. I just can't bring myself to do it yet. Everything I hear, they are an incredible value.
Just bought a ZT 0562CF. Almost could've gotten 2 of the Kizers for it. However, the ZT is M390, which I really like.