What are ya drinkin????

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Mad Mac
Location: Northern Far West Deep East Texas in the Dirty South

Re: What are ya drinkin????

Post by Mad Mac »

Prior to 1975, Coors was not distributed widely in Texas.
When Texans returned to Houston from Colorado
they were expected to smuggle in a case of Coors.

The rarity and exclusivity of the brew
gave it mythical flavor and powers of legend.
To have a friend who would share his contraband
was a rare friend indeed.

After distribution expanded to include Houston
Coors was never the same.
Kind of like marital sex.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
Motorcycle adventures in a past life.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The color complemented scales, label and elves.
And a bonus knife. Great holiday picture.
1990: Endura SE, Delica PE, Mariner, Police. 2014: ClipiTool Bottle Opener. 2015: Kitchen Knife PE, Tenacious CE, Stretch PE, Moran Drop Point, Kiwi, 2 Byrd Cara Caras, Schempp Bowie, Native 5 Forum Knife, Police SE, Tenacious SE, 4" Paring Knife, 2" Paring Knife, Terzuola Starmate. 2016: The Spyderco Story, Terzuola The Tactical Folding Knife, USN Ladybug H-1 Hawkbill SE, Black BaliYo, Yellow H-1 Salt Dragonfly 2 SE, Hennicke Ulize, Pink Native 5 PE, Renegade C23PS and C23P, Gayle Bradley 2, Terzuola Double Bevel, Gayle Bradley Air, Cricket Blue Nishjin, Centofante Memory, K2, 2 Large Lum Pink, Carey Rubicon. 2017: Dialex Battlestation, Orange Southard Positron, Gray Baliyo, Native 5 CE, Tenacious CE. 2018: Schempp EuroEdge, Eric Glesser ClipiTool Standard. 2019 Calendar Contest Reinhold Rhino CF PLN. 2022: Byrd Robin 2 Wharncliffe, Byrd Cara Cara 2 Rescue Orange, Janich Yojimbo 2 CruWear.
vivi

Post by vivi »

Mad Mac wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:06 am
Prior to 1975, Coors was not distributed widely in Texas.
When Texans returned to Houston from Colorado
they were expected to smuggle in a case of Coors.

The rarity and exclusivity of the brew
gave it mythical flavor and powers of legend.
To have a friend who would share his contraband
was a rare friend indeed.

After distribution expanded to include Houston
Coors was never the same.
Kind of like marital sex.
Reminds me of friends bringing home cases of Yeungling from PA when I lived up North because they didn't distribute to some nearby states back then.
:unicorn
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:04 pm
Great picture! How is it? I've only ever had peach and apple Bird Dog whiskey that I can think of.... or atleast remember trying lol.
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
prndltech

Post by prndltech »

The hard stuff
- Shannon

MNOSD 0006
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

SpyderLine wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:05 pm
Buddafucco wrote:
Great picture! How is it? I've only ever had peach and apple Bird Dog whiskey that I can think of.... or atleast remember trying lol.

It's good and definitely worth a try. If you like any of the peanut butter liquors, then you'll enjoy it. I like that it's 40%... Seems like most flavored liquors end up with a lower abv. I could do shots of it all night but it is on the sweeter side so i think i could only do a glass or two of sipping it straight. My friend bought it, but she was actually looking for a different brand that she says she likes better. I can't remember the name right now, but I'll find out. Other friends love the ScrewBall liquor, but i thought it was just ok. The SQRRL liquor was good, but it was on the weak side. My favorite was the Nut Liquor but it disappeared from here a few years ago... The bestest worst name ever, but it was so good!
•• Beau
SpyderLine

Post by SpyderLine »

Buddafucco wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:59 pm
SpyderLine wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:05 pm
Buddafucco wrote:

My friend bought it, but she was actually looking for a different brand that she says she likes better. I can't remember the name right now, but I'll find out. Other friends love the ScrewBall liquor, but i thought it was just ok. The SQRRL liquor was good, but it was on the weak side. My favorite was the Nut Liquor but it disappeared from here a few years ago... The bestest worst name ever, but it was so good!
I've had ScrewBall before and I really like that! I also feel like I tried another brand of peanut butter whiskey as well, but I can't remember the name. Yeah they probably could've picked a better name than Nut Liquor. Although their choice of spelling could've been incorrect and made it worse if they so chose.
Current Top 3
Kapara, Native 5, Pacific Salt 2
M.N.O.S.D #0034

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
-Theodore Roosevelt
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

prndltech wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:28 pm
The hard stuff
Tea? We are reduced to drinkin' tea? Well in that case,
allow me to refer any interested parties to my post about Yaupon Tea
on another thread. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77622&p=1515916#p1515916
Ramonade

Post by Ramonade »

Couldn't take a pic but after work I went to the bar in my village (is it the right word? not many people here) and was offered a few belgian beers by a really nice old woman who sadly just lost her son...
:respect In the collection :respect : Lots of different steels, in lots of different (and same) Spydercos.

Robin. Finally made an IG : ramo_knives

MNOSD member 004* aka Mr. N5s :face-clouds
JSumm

Post by JSumm »

Ramonade wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:57 pm
Couldn't take a pic but after work I went to the bar in my village (is it the right word? not many people here) and was offered a few belgian beers by a really nice old woman who sadly just lost her son...
Village works. It sounds very quaint. Just goes to show you never know what the people you interact with in a casual way are going through.
- Jeff
May your feet be warm and dry and your throat warm with whiskey. A knife in hand or in the sock band.
MNOSD Member #0005
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

Bushmills
:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
SG89

Post by SG89 »

High-class-livin'Image
Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

SG89 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:32 pm
High-class-livin'
Hah! Couldn’t even spring for the full 40 oz..

:winking-tongue
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
Mad Mac

Post by Mad Mac »

The problem with quart bottles
is they hit the headliner of the car
and can get caught in the steering wheel.
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

Christmas Eve Mules :party-face

•• Beau
Buddafucco

Post by Buddafucco »

•• Beau
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Something different tonight.

SG89

Post by SG89 »

2 vodka ranchwaters and now moving onto Shiner. These Cowboys kill my liver.
Spydergirl88
SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88