What are ya drinkin????

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kennethsime

Re: What are ya drinkin????

Post by kennethsime »

I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

bearfacedkiller wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:51 pm
DSH007 wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:39 pm
It's easier to find Sprint Runs than this beer..

Well worth the decade+ long wait!

:)
Ha, it is pretty good! It is easy to get here. There are so many beers like it now. All you can find in VT are easy drinking 8% DIPAs now. My liver can’t handle it!
It's next to impossible to get here in MA, but by some stroke of luck, they had some at the liquor store right down the street from my house last week. I saw their facebook post about it, called in my order, and went down immediately.. they limited sales to one 4-pack (2 Heady Topper, 2 Focal Banger) per person.. so I bought one 4pk and sent my roommate down to buy another haha.. Even with all of their crazy corona protocols (call-ahead, come to the door, no one inside the store), they sold out in under an hour.

Heady Topper has been on my "beer bucket list" for a while now, so I was happy to get some. They are both pretty great, but I think I might actually like the Focal Banger a little bit better! You aren't kidding though, they go down easy for the ABV.. I had four last Friday and fell asleep in my recliner by 9pm.. Only having two tonight hahah!
Rick H.

..well, that escalated quickly..
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

kennethsime wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 6:30 pm

The Hazy Little Thing has pretty much kicked everything else out of the fridge; I just haven't found a better daily drinker at $8.99 per six pack.
I'm a big fan of the flagship Pale Ale.. I've heard nothing but good things about this one.. looking forward to trying it. :)
Rick H.

SG89

Post by SG89 »

Spydergirl88
3 Nats, 1 Chap, 1 Sham, 1 Urb
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

bearrowland

Post by bearrowland »

Homemade Chai here!
Barry

Bonne Journey!

For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword

Do what you can, where you are, with what you have! Theodore Roosevelt

MNOSD member 0032
TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

Had a couple of these yesterday after re-caulking the tub and cleaning the oven.

Resized_20200418_125025.jpeg
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

abbazaba wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:38 pm
Which of those do you prefer? I've only had the bulleit out of those 3. Heard good things about whistle pig though. I'm guessing the middle one is michters. Picked up some Double Rye from high west. It's definitely different from any other rye I've had. Has a licorice flavor to it. Got lucky and grabbed an old bottle with some of the 16yr old.
abbazaba

Post by abbazaba »

VashHash wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:16 am
abbazaba wrote:
Which of those do you prefer? I've only had the bulleit out of those 3. Heard good things about whistle pig though. I'm guessing the middle one is michters. Picked up some Double Rye from high west. It's definitely different from any other rye I've had. Has a licorice flavor to it. Got lucky and grabbed an old bottle with some of the 16yr old.

Bulleit - makes a great manhattan, but is my least favorite of these three straight (though I do like it).

Michters - this was a revisit for me from years back and I like it more than I remember. A smooth all a rounder IMO with great taste.

Whistlepig 10 year - still my favorite. It's bold and fun to drink, and excellent in a manhattan. I think it's probably a love or hate thing for rye lovers because it is rather unique. I've still never afforded myself a bottle, but I've been lucky enough to get one a gift a few times now.

Rusell's Reserve Rye 6 year is also one of my favorites. Lacks character compared to the WP, but I find it very hard to fault.

That Double Rye is bold and fun, especially for the price. How's that 16 year?

I enjoy comparisons when the opportunity presents it's self. I had been using some self restraint and saving the last couple shots and opening a new bottle instead so I could do a side by side later. With the current quarantine it's paid off nicely as a source of entertainment for us. Two weeks ago was the Bourbon left overs... I enjoy all of these for various reasons:

By the way, most of what we drink is Black Velvet or Jim Beam :D
JustinB

Post by JustinB »

Speysides aren't typically my go-to Scotches, but this Aberlour does in a pinch. Also todays carry worked its way into the pic :D
Justin :spyder:
Dazen

Post by Dazen »

abbazaba wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:36 am
VashHash wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:16 am
abbazaba wrote:

Bulleit - makes a great manhattan, but is my least favorite of these three straight (though I do like it).

Michters - this was a revisit for me from years back and I like it more than I remember. A smooth all a rounder IMO with great taste.

Whistlepig 10 year - still my favorite. It's bold and fun to drink, and excellent in a manhattan. I think it's probably a love or hate thing for rye lovers because it is rather unique. I've still never afforded myself a bottle, but I've been lucky enough to get one a gift a few times now.

Rusell's Reserve Rye 6 year is also one of my favorites. Lacks character compared to the WP, but I find it very hard to fault.

That Double Rye is bold and fun, especially for the price. How's that 16 year?

I enjoy comparisons when the opportunity presents it's self. I had been using some self restraint and saving the last couple shots and opening a new bottle instead so I could do a side by side later. With the current quarantine it's paid off nicely as a source of entertainment for us. Two weeks ago was the Bourbon left overs... I enjoy all of these for various reasons:

By the way, most of what we drink is Black Velvet or Jim Beam :D
Almost my exact thoughts, I love Bulleit and Rittenhouse in my Manhattans as long as one uses Antica vermouth. Bulleit came out with a 12 year rye that I’ve wanted to try. High West Rendezvous and Whistlepig 10 are still my go to’s. But when I want something a bit different Angels Envy and Jack Daniels Single Barrel do it for me.
Dane

“Stop buying your kids what you never had and start teaching them what you never knew!”
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

JustinB wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:05 pm

Speysides aren't typically my go-to Scotches, but this Aberlour does in a pinch. Also todays carry worked its way into the pic :D
Classic knife with a classic Whisky. Love every bit of this picture.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

i like this with a salt rimmed glass and a few extra squirts of lime juice. Very refreshing on a hot afternoon!
SpyderGrill

Post by SpyderGrill »

I really like this one, think its my favorite IPA
DSH007

Post by DSH007 »

Definitely one of my favorite beers..

Rick H.

VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Naperville

Post by Naperville »

Wut? No personal pics! DOH!

I had 3 Laguanitas IPA, and 2 Laguanitas Hopstoopid. I really needed 5 to 7 Laguanitas IPA, or 3 Laguanitas IPA and some rum...but, it's drink WTF you have on hand unfortunately.

This beer absolutely rocks, I cannot say enough about it. I've even been to the brewery 2X. I need to make another trip but I'll bet COVID-19 screwed all of that up!!!!

I support the 2nd Amendment Organizations of GOA, NRA, FPC, SAF, and "Knife Rights"
T2T: https://tunnel2towers.org; Special Operations Wounded Warriors: https://sowwcharity.com/
Enactive

Post by Enactive »

IMG_20200530_164731sm.jpg
North Coast Brewing Old Rasputin. Such a well-balanced classic. A dark, cool and rainy day here in the North Wet calls for a nice dark 9% ABV drink.

The Chef is supervising while the Crown Lifter gets all the action.
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

TkoK83Spy

Post by TkoK83Spy »

For a fairly high alcohol content beer, this one was super smooth and easy going. A few of these could easily sneak up on ya!

Resized_20200603_204755.jpeg
15 :bug-red 's in 10 different steels
1 - Bradford Guardian 3 / Vanadis 4E Wharnie
1 - Monterey Bay Knives Slayback Flipper / ZDP 189
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31/Macassar Ebony Inlays
1 - CRK Large Inkosi Insingo/ Black Micarta Inlays
1 - CRK Small Sebenza 31 Insingo/Magnacut

-Rick