KERSHAW 1720- ANYONE?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
HOMER GRIFIN

KERSHAW 1720- ANYONE?

Post by HOMER GRIFIN »

I was cruising through another kinfe forum and I came across a reference to a discontinued Kershaw 1720,so I found a picture of one. It is a Junyard dog model, but designed to look like an airplane fuselage with a U.S. Air Force insignia and rivets on one side and the other side has rivets and a fuel filler. I bought this knife for a Xmas present for my oldest son who is a pilot,I hope he will like it.
RanCoWeAla

Re: KERSHAW 1720- ANYONE?

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I had a Junkyard Dog once that I got for a steal at the flea market where I buy all my knives and saw an opportunity to make a good profit and let it go.
I carry a Knockout 1870 OLBLK right now as my edc and absolutely love this knife. It has Olive Green aluminium handles and Black 14c28n steel blade which is what straight razors are made with sometimes. This is my favorite steel because you can get as thin an edge as you want without chipping
DeathBySnooSnoo

Re: KERSHAW 1720- ANYONE?

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I always liked the fuselage look that it had. I'm not a huge Kershaw fan, but they do come up with some good designs and ideas. Solid company to deal with too.

I have a 3410 that is my watching tv flicking knife...I actually like this one a lot. Comfortable, slim, and in literally thousands of opening and closings, the liner is still only just flush with the tang,