So your rifles

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
User avatar
klug932000
Member
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:12 pm
Location: Michigan

So your rifles

Postby klug932000 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:54 pm

In the random question thread it was brought up that we needed this thread.

Image


10/22 everything is new except rec. considered getting a new milled one but didn't.
some of my work (nothing for sale on there) Facebook.com/454products

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22173
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Postby Evil D » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:58 pm

Only rifle I own at the moment is a '50s Garcia Bronco .22. Very interesting little single shot pee shooter.

Image
Image
Image
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

User avatar
v8r
Member
Posts: 1935
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Van, Texas,USA,Earth

Postby v8r » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:49 pm

If I could figure out how to post pictures from my I phone on to the forum I would show you the rifle I was referring
To ;)

Good looking rifles guys, and Evil that thing is pretty unique.
V8R



Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p

User avatar
78lilred
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska

Postby 78lilred » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:20 pm

David it's interesting you have a gun that shoots pee.....

Here's my 17HMR, fun to shoot on occasion. Single load block milled to replace the factory mag.
Image
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22173
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Postby Evil D » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:30 pm

I really love the 10/22 and plan on getting one someday. When the zombie apocalypse comes that'll be the gun to snipe zombies with...22LR ammo is everywhere and super cheap, pretty much zero recoil and pretty accurate and should have enough stopping power at reasonable range. It can also be silenced to the point that it's essentially silent.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

User avatar
klug932000
Member
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:12 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby klug932000 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:23 pm

I'm having trouble getting 22lr in michigan. Anyway to edit the thread title to say show not so....
some of my work (nothing for sale on there) Facebook.com/454products

User avatar
klug932000
Member
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:12 pm
Location: Michigan

Postby klug932000 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:25 pm

v8r wrote:If I could figure out how to post pictures from my I phone on to the forum I would show you the rifle I was referring
To ;)

Good looking rifles guys, and Evil that thing is pretty unique.
I use photobucket to post photos
some of my work (nothing for sale on there) Facebook.com/454products

Nate
Member
Posts: 1744
Joined: Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:25 am
Location: Hurtling through space...

Postby Nate » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Image

I think I need daylight to do this thing justice with my phone, but here's a WWI era .303 Enfield. It's huge. Even the bayonet has a pretty massive 17" blade. Basically a short sword that can also be fitted to the end of the barrel. Can't claim I've used the sword, but seems fairly light and nimble for its size. The rifle packs a wallop.

Image

(I host w/ Tinypic. So easy a caveman can do it :) )
:spyder:

User avatar
farnorthdan
Member
Posts: 4409
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Postby farnorthdan » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Here are a few of mine:

10-22 take down, AGP folding stock w/1" recoil pad and tech sites
Image

Winchester model 61
Image

M1 carbine, Inland
Image

Winchester model 9422
Image

Enkidude
Member
Posts: 408
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:02 am
Location: The Great State of Texas

Postby Enkidude » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:03 pm

Evil D wrote:Only rifle I own at the moment is a '50s Garcia Bronco .22. Very interesting little single shot pee shooter.

Image
Image
Image
Very cool Evil!! I have that same gun but in .410 shotgun. Love using it on rabbit/squirrel hunts because it is so light to carry. It's really cool to see someone else has one and in a different caliber. I did a paracord wrap on the buttstock of mine. Thanks for sharing!!
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.

User avatar
chuckd
Member
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Postby chuckd » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Image

My Rem 700 SPS-Var in 308. in a McMillan A5 chassis glass bedded, badger m5 bottom metal with AI 10rd mag, Timney trigger set to 1# (it is so glorious...), Nightforce 3.5-15x50F1, NightforceTi rings, the name of the base is slipping my mind but its a 20MOA. Then a harris bipod. I have a surefire muzzle brake to put on but havent gotten around to it. Also, can't forget the custom boltknob!

I reload for it, and with my dialed in load it was getting 5 shots at ~ 3/8" at 100 yards. I havent shot it much past 100 as it is a serious pain to get to a longer range in the SF bay area, so I don't have much exposure to that. One day..
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990

User avatar
xceptnl
Member
Posts: 8585
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:48 pm
Location: Tobacco Country, Virginia
Contact:

Postby xceptnl » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:53 pm

klug932000 wrote:In the random question thread it was brought up that we needed this thread.

10/22 everything is new except rec. considered getting a new milled one but didn't.
Very Nice klug. Here is my semi custom and I am building a full custom (all aftermarket parts).

Image

Image
Image
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*

User avatar
v8r
Member
Posts: 1935
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Van, Texas,USA,Earth

Postby v8r » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:45 pm

chuckd wrote:Image

My Rem 700 SPS-Var in 308. in a McMillan A5 chassis glass bedded, badger m5 bottom metal with AI 10rd mag, Timney trigger set to 1# (it is so glorious...), Nightforce 3.5-15x50F1, NightforceTi rings, the name of the base is slipping my mind but its a 20MOA. Then a harris bipod. I have a surefire muzzle brake to put on but havent gotten around to it. Also, can't forget the custom boltknob!

I reload for it, and with my dialed in load it was getting 5 shots at ~ 3/8" at 100 yards. I havent shot it much past 100 as it is a serious pain to get to a longer range in the SF bay area, so I don't have much exposure to that. One day..

Sexy!
If I had to guess that would be a EGW scope base.

I still want to do the CDI precision magazine conversion on my Howa .308 so I can use AI mags in it as well. It will have to wait until I get my .223 Howa shootable. It will also get a magazine conversion down the road as well.
V8R



Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p

User avatar
Evil D
Member
Posts: 22173
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:48 pm
Location: Northern KY

Postby Evil D » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:48 pm

Enkidude wrote:Very cool Evil!! I have that same gun but in .410 shotgun. Love using it on rabbit/squirrel hunts because it is so light to carry. It's really cool to see someone else has one and in a different caliber. I did a paracord wrap on the buttstock of mine. Thanks for sharing!!
Did you know what make/brand it was? I didn't when I got mine, had to do a ton of research to find out and I'm still vague on the year. They also came in a double barrel 410 over 22 set up that I would KILL to own. My understanding is that they were very cheap and there aren't many left, I took it to a gun show once and a guy would not leave me alone about it, and offered me an obscene amount of money for it but it was given to me by my mother so selling wasn't an option.
SHARPEN IT LIKE YOU LOVE IT, USE IT LIKE YOU HATE IT
~David

User avatar
Officer Gigglez
Member
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Postby Officer Gigglez » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:36 pm

ImageAs it stands this is all I have in the rifle department(Its really a carbine, but whatever) right now. Working on an AR and a bolt gun, but that takes money.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience

User avatar
farnorthdan
Member
Posts: 4409
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Postby farnorthdan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:48 pm

Image

User avatar
chuckd
Member
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Postby chuckd » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:43 pm

v8r wrote:Sexy!
If I had to guess that would be a EGW scope base.

I still want to do the CDI precision magazine conversion on my Howa .308 so I can use AI mags in it as well. It will have to wait until I get my .223 Howa shootable. It will also get a magazine conversion down the road as well.
You guessed right! I couldn't remember that danged acronym! I knew there was a G and W somewhere!

I haven't used the other mag conversions, but this badger is hefty and smooth. AI mags are so expensive though, I have two 10s and a 5 that I accumulated over a couple years because I just couldn't justify buying several at once ha too many knives to do that with.
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990

User avatar
78lilred
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:04 am
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska

Postby 78lilred » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Chuck, shooting that at 100 yards should be a sin, get some distance on that!
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.

User avatar
chuckd
Member
Posts: 413
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:52 pm

Postby chuckd » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:53 pm

78lilred wrote:Chuck, shooting that at 100 yards should be a sin, get some distance on that!
GAH! I know! I built it because I want to be able to do 1000yard comps, or at least for fun, one day when I get good. But **** life gets in the way! I have to drive about an hour and a half to get to a range over 100 yards, so it gets tricky to find time for making a day of it.
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990

User avatar
v8r
Member
Posts: 1935
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 9:04 pm
Location: Van, Texas,USA,Earth

Postby v8r » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:39 am

chuckd wrote:GAH! I know! I built it because I want to be able to do 1000yard comps, or at least for fun, one day when I get good. But **** life gets in the way! I have to drive about an hour and a half to get to a range over 100 yards, so it gets tricky to find time for making a day of it.
Well if you are ever in East Texas shoot me a PM and I'll take you to a range that is 300yards.
V8R



Opinions are like belly buttons most people have one:p


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests