R.I.P. Jay Adams

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
sharpguitarist

R.I.P. Jay Adams

Post by sharpguitarist »

We lost a legend yesterday.
Jay Adams was an inspiration to me back when I was a kid, skateboarding on the streets of my small town.
He was an original, and a hero to me and my buddies.
I've still got the scars from trying to do the things he was doing back then, and the attitude has stuck with me too.
One of the original Z-boys and Dogtowners.
You'll be remembered for your contributions to skateboarding, and will be sorely missed.
Your getting air now!
Later,
Don
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if it is wrong.:rolleyes:
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

I read the CNN article of his passing, which was posted after the CNN article of Arlene Martel's passing.

I really never got into skateboarding... fell off hard too many time to count... but, in the '70s, I do recall going with a high school buddy to a local skateboard park to watch him and his sister really pushing their skateboards to their limits during that era. I was impressed how much wider the boards and the wheels had gotten back then... and, watching them almost got me to try skateboarding again... almost... :)

Best wishes, Mr. Adam, as you skateboard your way into your new adventure!
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

He died...? ****. I remember as a kid I got the movie Lords of Dogtown for my PSP, and I was really young so I would be in my room at night with the lights off under my covers and watching it. I watched it so many times as that was the most "inappropriate" movie that I had lol. That movie inspired me to buy a longboard too. Just recently I watched the documentary on it, very cool stuff. R.I.P. Jay Adams.
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
jennecarter

Re: R.I.P. Jay Adams

Post by jennecarter »

RIP Jay, totally inspired my skating back in the day.