Are there any NRA lifetime members in here?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

tonydahose wrote:Thanks...I have an NRA sticker on my car but i might take it off. the bad guys around here have been looking for cars with pro gun stickers on them in parking lots where a business has a no concealed carry policy and placard in their front door so they know which car to break into that probably has a gun inside of it. I know it is giant SNAFU and I try to avoid these type of businesses but sometimes you can't help it.
Very true Tony. I think removing the sticker would be wise. I'll wear an NRA hat, or t-shirt, but as much as I believe in the NRA, I'd never put any kind of sticker on my car that suggested it might have something worth stealing in it. Down here in SC, almost all banks are placarded and you can't carry into health care facilities, so the gun has to either stay home or in the car when you visit the doctor. Federal buildings are always no carry, so you can't take your gun into the Post Office. So are most state and county offices. Plus, down here, your car is considered an extension of your property, so you don't need a CWP to have a loaded handgun in it and there are more than a few folks who leave one there 24/7. Some are even irresponsible enough to leave one unsecured in their unlocked car, in their driveway, overnight.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
christopher

Post by christopher »

I'm with you Tony. No sense advertising. I've been a life member since the late '70s. Is the price really $1,000? Sticker shock....
Chris
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

christopher wrote:I'm with you Tony. No sense advertising. I've been a life member since the late '70s. Is the price really $1,000? Sticker shock....
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/newreply ... y&p=961497
it is $495 on sale now...I have heard it as low as $300.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

tonydahose wrote:I have heard it as low as $300.
Me too. A year or two ago there was a month where life was $300. It was over before I heard about it or I woulda jumped. I'm on year 2 of my current 5 year, and will probably renew another 5 year unles they run that sale again. $500 is TOO bad though, unless they have the IRS close down the NRA next year.

Ken
玉鋼
Pinetreebbs

Re: Are there any NRA lifetime members in here?

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Heads up on an NRA Life membership sale at Cabelas for $500.

https://www.slickguns.com/product/500-n ... -locations" target="_blank

Coupon: https://www.slickguns.com/sites/default ... med_25.jpg" target="_blank