Are there any NRA lifetime members in here?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
tonydahose

Are there any NRA lifetime members in here?

Post by tonydahose »

I want to join and get the lifetime membership but they are $1000. I have read that if you have a lifetime member as a sponsor it is only $300.....anybody know if that is true and if so can I get someone to sponsor me?? thanks :)
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I don't see anything about that on the NRA website, but i it's true Tony, you're welcome to use me as your sponsor. I've been a Life Member for nearly 50 years.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I signed up last month Tony. They were offering the Life Memberships for $500 and I opted for the long term payment plan (quarterly installments). So technically I am a life member. My mailing has not even arrived yet though. I think you can get the Life Membership for $300 if you are a retired or disabled veteran. I am sure other factors could allow an individual to qualify. Sorry as to not be of more help.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

I am a member but have not had the cash to become a life member. I have about 5 years left before I re-up. I have been a member since Nov 2012, and will continue to be one.
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
Ned

Post by Ned »

I'm a Life Member, been one since 2006 before that I was an annual member my whole life. I'm not sure about the sponsorship discount, I have never heard of it.
:spyder: C101PBL2, C54GPBN, C154PBK, MGREP, JGGYP, C75P3, C36TIP, C113GPGY, C127GPOR, C85GPBL, C11SBK, C10SBK, C11TR, C10TR, C28S (Wharncliffe mod), C11TIPD, C12GS, FB15P, C110GPBL, C85GP2, C141CFP, FB14P3Z, C123GPBL, C88PYL, KO4PBK, C105BMP

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places...Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God." Ephesians 6:12-13
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

I became a life member in 1988. I don't recall members sponsoring other members but the NRA has had 'sales' where membership upgrades cost less. Those programs may have been underwritten or sponsored by individuals, but more likely corporations. If you cannot wait until a 'sale' you can pay it off in increments. Like other have posted, I'd be glad to do it if you find out it's possible.

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/rene ... gnID=tren2
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I'm. a Life Member and would be glad to help you any way I can but I think that was a Limited offer. However I may be mistaken about that. What I would do is give them a call and just ask if they have any specials going on right now. I checked for someone several months ago and at that time disabled veterans and people over 65 could get a Lifetime Membership for $375. I got My Lifetime Membership one year right before Christmas on a special promotion for $500. Let me know if I can be of any assistance
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I just called the NRA Customer service line at 800-672-3888 and the Lady there said there is a promotion going on right now where anyone can get a Life Membership for $500. Also if you are disabled, disabled veteran, veteran and not disabled or over 65 you can purchase a Life Membership for $375. This is the best money you will ever spend because the NRA is the only reason we still have guns in this country and anyone who has even one single shot 22 should be an NRA Member
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

My wife and I have been members on an annual basis, but my wife was just recently talking about getting the Life Membership too. I'd better look into this. Thanks!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Thanks for the info fellas....I will call tomorrow.
My knives
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

You are not a spy for Obama and Pelosi, are you? :eek:

Just kidding. I am a life member but I do not recall that part about sponsorship being so cheap. Why not contact the NRA?
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

You always get a nice gift with a Life Membership too. I always wanted one of the Leather Bomber Jackets with the NRA Logo embroidered on it but waited too late. I did get a nice Minuteman Statue however with the Second amendment on it.
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

I hitched on today for another 3 years for $70
I'll get a challenge coin,duffel bag and American Rifleman
subscription. I've been on and off with NRA for 26 years.
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

Nope. I'm am member, have been for four years, but not a life member.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Well I re-up'd yesterday, I'm officially a life member :D .
My knives
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

tonydahose wrote:Well I re-up'd yesterday, I'm officially a life member :D .
Congratulations Tony
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

MacLaren wrote:I hitched on today for another 3 years for $70
I'll get a challenge coin,duffel bag and American Rifleman
subscription. I've been on and off with NRA for 26 years.
Ya know, that reminds me, I thought I re-uped because I really wanted that challenge coin and never got it! Hmm.. i have to look into this.
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
MacLaren

Post by MacLaren »

chuckd wrote:Ya know, that reminds me, I thought I re-uped because I really wanted that challenge coin and never got it! Hmm.. i have to look into this.
Keep me posted and I'll do the same.
From what I recall, I had to enlist for 3 years
in order to receive the challenge coin.
It was $70
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Congratulations Tony glad you got your Life Member status. That's something I'm most proud of and I think the NRA is the most important organization in America. I have my Minute Man Life Member Statue with Amendment 2 on my Coffee table. I have life Member stickers on both rear seat windows on my car one on the door where you come into my house and another on my Gun Safe.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Thanks...I have an NRA sticker on my car but i might take it off. the bad guys around here have been looking for cars with pro gun stickers on them in parking lots where a business has a no concealed carry policy and placard in their front door so they know which car to break into that probably has a gun inside of it. I know it is giant SNAFU and I try to avoid these type of businesses but sometimes you can't help it.
My knives