Wisdom tooth extraction: Ouch! Anyone else had it done?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Ankerson

Re: Wisdom tooth extraction: Ouch! Anyone else had it done?

Post by Ankerson »

Had mine done back when I was in the USMC in the 80's.
OldHoosier62

Post by OldHoosier62 »

Ankerson wrote:Had mine done back when I was in the USMC in the 80's.
Same here, checked into Marine Barracks, Ground Defense Force, Guantanamo Bay Cuba and during my in-processing check the Navy dentist decided to pull all 4 wisdom teeth while I was in his chair....even though they showed no problem at all. I think the old guy was just bored. I left the checkup with 8 800mg Motrin and advised I could return to full duty the next morning.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

OldHoosier62 wrote:
Ankerson wrote:Had mine done back when I was in the USMC in the 80's.
Same here, checked into Marine Barracks, Ground Defense Force, Guantanamo Bay Cuba and during my in-processing check the Navy dentist decided to pull all 4 wisdom teeth while I was in his chair....even though they showed no problem at all. I think the old guy was just bored. I left the checkup with 8 800mg Motrin and advised I could return to full duty the next morning.

I was getting close to getting out (less than a year left) and the Navy dentist said I should get them out.
skatenut

Post by skatenut »

My dentist told me many years ago, the two lower wisdom teeth will have to be removed. He managed to convince me to them one at a time and not both at the same time, which was my truly harebrained idea. Later on, I was glad he was so graphic and managed to convince me. Ok, got rid of the first one, drove home. At every red light, I openend the car door and spat blood. Came to hate green lights, truly amazing. Next week, we had a repeat performance on the other side of the jaw. Being on the right side of the jaw, I had to lean out farther on the drive home at red lights....

A while later, a wisdom tooth in the upper jaw started acting up. Had it removed with quite some trouble. At night, at home, it started acting up, bleeding heavily. So I called emergency services who gave me a number for the emergency dentist. Went there by cab, smart move, they managed to get the bleeding stilled, went home by cab, totally weak-kneed and sweaty. Don't ever want to do this again, why the h... do we have wisdom teeth? And appendixes, btw!
Camburt

Post by Camburt »

I don't believe in this myth.