What Are You Watching?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
3rdGenRigger

What Are You Watching?

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

As there's already a "What Are You Listening To" thread, it may be time for a "What Are You Watching" thread. It's a little more difficult because although YouTube links are easy to post in here, you can't do the same for something like Netflix, and sites like Netflix have different content available in different countries at different times. I've seen some things lately though that I think are worth sharing and I'm sure I'm not the only one, so we may as well have a thread for it. In the interest of following forum rules, I'll say now that we should refrain from posting anything in here directly related to politics (There's a better time and place for that).

Now, having said that, there's a FANTASTIC documentary on Netflix (Canada content anyways at this time though it's likely available South of the 49th as well through Netflix) about my favourite racing driver and in my opinion, the best driver ever to have lived...it was watching him drive in the rain that sold me on that belief more than anything else. I'm talking of course about Ayrton Senna (The documentary is called "Senna"). I've also been watching Roadkill and Dirt Every Day religiously lately (Both on MotorTrend's YouTube channel). I also rewatched Band Of Brothers a few weeks ago after a few years since last watched (Also definitely a must-watch). What I watched today though was a lecture given by Kirk Sorensen on liquid fluoride thorium reactors.

[video=youtube;YVSmf_qmkbg]https://youtu.be/YVSmf_qmkbg[/video]
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
remnar

Post by remnar »

Just finished season three of Boardwalk Empire on DVD.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

bout to watch some prison break :)
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Boardwalk Empire isn't available on the Canadian content Netflix, but I've heard good things about it. Prison Break IS on Canadian Netflix though, and I haven't watched it yet but I plan to start in the next week or so because I've heard good things about it also. I'll be watching an episode of Roadkill before bed tonight though while I put a better microbevel on my Schempp Tuff. Holland was nice enough to give me a demo of his Wicked Edge and put a REALLY killer edge on my Schempp Tuff at ~17 DPS, and I still have a little work finishing my microbevel which I never finished properly afterwards. I'll have a better picture of it in the next day or so. Watching this Roadkill while I finish my microbevel. I'm a huge fan of BBC Top Gear (And I've seen every episode more times than you could shake a stick at), and Roadkill is what Top Gear USA SHOULD have been.

[video=youtube;JEcbwvNaxE8]https://youtu.be/JEcbwvN ... 16CECEA3BC[/video]

---> Branden
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I enjoy watching the Big Bang Theory. Really witty stuff! :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

I thought the first 2 seasons of The Big Bang Theory were great, and the 3rd season was pretty good. Didn't enjoy the 4th season enough to pursue the 5th season though, so I've only seen the first 4 seasons.

---> Branden
Jeremy_A_Neel

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

I've been watching all the episodes of House M.D.. So far, I'm at the 2nd episode of season 2.
"If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person - they will find an easier way to do it." -Hlade's Law
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Latest episode of Game of Thrones. I love these books and can't wait for the next. Somewhat disappointed with where the HBO series has taken the story, but I am still intrigued enough to watch.

"Valar Morghulis"
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

On season four of Breaking Bad. Binge watching. I always watch The Walking Dead, but that isn't currently on. I've heard good things about The Wire, Lost, and the Sopranos for later (non-binge watching). Heroes was my favorite show until it got canceled, and Heroes Reborn is coming out next year so it'll be interesting to see what that's about.

The NBA playoffs are my default watch at night if I have time. Besides Shark Tank and some episodes of The Middle and Hardcore Pawn (with the family) not really anything else. The occasional movie I guess.
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
remnar

Post by remnar »

xceptnl wrote:Latest episode of Game of Thrones. I love these books and can't wait for the next. Somewhat disappointed with where the HBO series has taken the story, but I am still intrigued enough to watch.

"Valar Morghulis"

I really enjoy Game of Thrones, but I've only watched it through season 3. Can't wait for season 4 to be released on DVD.

No spoilers please. :)
remnar

Post by remnar »

xceptnl wrote:Latest episode of Game of Thrones. I love these books and can't wait for the next. Somewhat disappointed with where the HBO series has taken the story, but I am still intrigued enough to watch.

"Valar Morghulis"

I really enjoy Game of Thrones, but I've only watched it through season 3. Can't wait for season 4 to be released on DVD.

bh49

Post by bh49 »

razorsharp wrote:bout to watch some prison break :)
Enjoy. IMHO this is one of the best shows ever. Along with "Lost" and "Breaking Bad"

Watching "Breaking Bad", "The Americans" and "The Walking Dead". Waiting for "24" and "The game of Thrones" to be over and than will watch at once.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

remnar wrote:I really enjoy Game of Thrones, but I've only watched it through season 3. Can't wait for season 4 to be released on DVD.

Have you read the books?
*Landon*
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I like me some Big Bang Theory. I'm waiting on a full season 7. I have 1-6 on the hard disk.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Gotta love some Big Bang Theory.
*Landon*
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

xceptnl wrote:Gotta love some Big Bang Theory.
Heck yeah! :D My wife says I remind her of Sheldon Cooper sometimes. :o
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
SolidState

Post by SolidState »

Anyone else play the Ancient Aliens drinking game?

I spend a lot of time watching C-span. Otherwise, I've been watching Game of Thrones and Walking Dead. I'm going to watch the season finale of Arrow too I guess.
"Nothing is so fatal to the progress of the human mind as to suppose that our views of science are ultimate; that there are no mysteries in nature; that our triumphs are complete, and that there are no new worlds to conquer."
Sir Humphry Davy
ASmitty

Post by ASmitty »

Strong-Dog wrote:On season four of Breaking Bad. Binge watching. I always watch The Walking Dead, but that isn't currently on. I've heard good things about The Wire, Lost, and the Sopranos for later (non-binge watching). Heroes was my favorite show until it got canceled, and Heroes Reborn is coming out next year so it'll be interesting to see what that's about.

The NBA playoffs are my default watch at night if I have time. Besides Shark Tank and some episodes of The Middle and Hardcore Pawn (with the family) not really anything else. The occasional movie I guess.
The Wire is absolutely one of the best dramas that has ever aired on television (it also features a couple of Spydie sightings). It's main competition for the top spot are Breaking Bad and The Shield.
"A flute with no holes is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a danish."

Quietly lurking the Spyderco forum since 2003...
JoeKansas

Post by JoeKansas »

Justified on FX. It stars Timothy Olyphant as Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens. Set in Kentucky , it is the story about the character created by Elmore Leonard. They just finished airing season 5 and season 6 will be the last. Definitely worth watching. Joe.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

JoeKansas wrote:Justified on FX. It stars Timothy Olyphant as Deputy U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens. Set in Kentucky , it is the story about the character created by Elmore Leonard. They just finished airing season 5 and season 6 will be the last. Definitely worth watching. Joe.
Disappointing about #6 being the last season. I have been late to the party, but I am almost through season 3. It is a very enjoyable show.
*Landon*