Pork Schnitzel

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
MadRookie

Pork Schnitzel

Post by MadRookie »

Such a simple & hearty meal....

:)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

looks Delicious. especially this mushroom sauce. Recently my family and I had a dinner at Austrian place. They had good Schnitzels, but paper thin. I hope that yours a little thicker. :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
78lilred

Post by 78lilred »

Hearty is right, I'd have to check my pressure before and after that meal to make sure though. Haven't made schnitzel in a very long time.
M390 Para2, CTS-XHP Para2, CTS-204P Para2, Gayle Bradley, Techno, Bob T Slipit, M390 Mule, Southard, Southfork, Air, Tuff, ZDP Caly 3.5.
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

Interesting, the original Schnitzel should be beef (calf) as I just viewed in an Austrian restaurant. There are alwas discussions wether it was invented in Vienna or Milano but mushroom sauce seems strange to go with pork Schnitzel. I rather take potato salad or ketchup with it, sometimes mayonnaise and lettuce if taken as a kind of burger.

Looking delicious as always, nonetheless MadRookie!
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

Oh man. Please don't do this to us all anymore.
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Schnitzel is amazing...though I always make up a batch of red cabbage to pair with it.
All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

3rdGenRigger wrote:Schnitzel is amazing...though I always make up a batch of red cabbage to pair with it.
What do you put in your cabbage?
- best wishes, Jazz.
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Usually I cut up some onion and apple to throw in it, and I use apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar. Then I sprinkle a little sugar, salt, and pepper on it periodically to get the taste just right. It's not hard to prepare either, and when cooked to the right texture, is amazing.

---> Branden
shu

Post by shu »

Commendatore wrote:Interesting, the original Schnitzel should be beef (calf) as I just viewed in an Austrian restaurant.
I believe schnitzel is generally pork. Wiener Schnitzel uses veal.

Commendatore wrote:mushroom sauce seems strange to go with pork Schnitzel.
Jaeger Schnitzel is actually quite common, although traditionally venison or boar could be used instead of pork.

I got quite an education in schnitzel while living in Germany for a few years--my mouth still waters thinking about a jaegerschnitzel mit spaetzle und eine pils (or drei...).
Commendatore

Post by Commendatore »

shu wrote:I believe schnitzel is generally pork. Wiener Schnitzel uses veal.

Jaeger Schnitzel is actually quite common, although traditionally venison or boar could be used instead of pork.

I got quite an education in schnitzel while living in Germany for a few years--my mouth still waters thinking about a jaegerschnitzel mit spaetzle und eine pils (or drei...).

:D

I am Austrian, living close to Vienna-and eating here!
Sometimes, please nobody here take offenses, it seems German versions of traditional food get strange.
Schnitzel simply refers to slices of meat, usually cut out of the "Nuss", a muscle in the very rear of cattle/pigs. Jägerschnitzel do not have a coating which is genuine for Wiener Schnitzel.

So besides knowing how it is supposed to be in the traditional way I also vary a little (taking pork or even red deer for Wiener), just thought it was strange to see a coating softened by mushroom sauce as I even take salad on an extra plate to have it crispy.

"an education in schnitzel" gave me a good laugh too (very high nutrition value).
Clip

Post by Clip »

shu wrote:I believe schnitzel is generally pork. Wiener Schnitzel uses veal.

Commendatore wrote: :D

I am Austrian, living close to Vienna-and eating here!
Sometimes, please nobody here take offenses, it seems German versions of traditional food get strange.
Schnitzel simply refers to slices of meat, usually cut out of the "Nuss", a muscle in the very rear of cattle/pigs. Jägerschnitzel do not have a coating which is genuine for Wiener Schnitzel.

So besides knowing how it is supposed to be in the traditional way I also vary a little (taking pork or even red deer for Wiener), just thought it was strange to see a coating softened by mushroom sauce as I even take salad on an extra plate to have it crispy.

"an education in schnitzel" gave me a good laugh too (very high nutrition value).

Schnit just got real.

Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
Blue Possum

Post by Blue Possum »

Yumm ... there is great authentic German restaurant near me with great food, and Beer. Now I want to go there tonight.

What was the beverage of choice with the meal?
Blue Possum
Clip

Post by Clip »

Probably something mixed with rum.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Yum Yum Yum Yum Yum!!!!
MadRookie

Post by MadRookie »

Rum & coke light with plenty ice & a dash of lemon - before, during & after the meal.....

:)
3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Heh...I prefer Rye Whiskey over Rum with my meals (As long as it's 100% Rye grain).

---> Branden