Anyone here ever enjoyed a pastry called a Napolean?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SpyderEdgeForever

Anyone here ever enjoyed a pastry called a Napolean?

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

I know there are different types, the traditional Italian ones and also the Russian and Ukrainian Napoleans. Basically a multi layered pastry that uses that special flaky dough for the crust and has layeres of creamy custard. Very very good tasting.
Tally-ho

Post by Tally-ho »

Also called a "mille-feuille" or "millefeuille" in French

The most common version in France:
| C10PGRE + C10FPK390 Endura 4 | C28GPFG Dragonfly | C36TIP Military | C41GP5 Native 5 | C54GPBN Calypso | C65CFP Lum Chinese | C81GPDBL2 PM2 | C90GFPD Strectch | C94TIP UK Penknife | C101PGY2 + C101PBORE2 Manix 2 | C113GPGY Caly 3 | C123TIP Sage 2 | C126GPFG Rock Lobster | C135GP Perrin PPT | C144CFPE Caly 3.5 | C163PBK Pingo | C164GPBN Nilakka || MT16P MT17P MT18P Mule Team |
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

Num num. My favorite is from a franchise bakery named La Madeleine.

My wife has me order her Nepoleon every year on her birthday instead of cake.

TedP

bh49

Post by bh49 »

In general I do not care about pastry or cakes, but yesterday I had some home made a Napoleon. And it was so gooddddddddddddddddddd. My wife had two :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

SpyderEdgeForever wrote:I know there are different types, the traditional Italian ones and also the Russian and Ukrainian Napoleans. Basically a multi layered pastry that uses that special flaky dough for the crust and has layeres of creamy custard. Very very good tasting.
I've had homemade Ukrainian Napolean since I was a kid. Tasty as ****.... But loaded with massive amounts of sugar.
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
Rwb1500

Post by Rwb1500 »

Ohh, I just got hungry, and I don't even typically like sweets.
dbcad wrote:Change is the only constant...

...Quite enjoyable and satifsying to have the number of knives decrease but the sharpness of the edges increase. The eternal quest for least resistance;)

Enjoy your edges folks:)