Flashlights

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
rgc

Re: Flashlights

Post by rgc »

I have a couple of Olights, including one on a rifle, however I am old and when I reach for one that I know will always work I grab for one of my old Surefire lights. Between them and my Princeton Tec headlamps I feel like I will never be let down . . .I also have a good stash of lithium CR123, AA and AAA batteries.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Is anyone besides me using the O light Arkfeld? I'm really impressed with it. I love the form factor and I am surprised how often I use the laser pointer feature. I wish it had a red light, but other than that it's a definite win.

I've been using the O light bulb a lot too. The red feature is incredibly handy in a lot of my work environments.
Brant

Post by Brant »

I have the Cloud Defensive MCH. It’s the full length, High candela, dual power (first click 10%, 2nd click 100%). It’s really bright, throws really far. I don’t regret getting it. It takes a rechargeable battery, battery and charger included, as it should be. Came with a nice pocket clip. The mini has the same clip but due to the body size, I’ve heard it’s a little harder to utilize. It’s gonna take something really advanced to top this one for me.
rgc

Post by rgc »

Brant wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:05 pm
I have the Cloud Defensive MCH. It’s the full length, High candela, dual power (first click 10%, 2nd click 100%). It’s really bright, throws really far. I don’t regret getting it. It takes a rechargeable battery, battery and charger included, as it should be. Came with a nice pocket clip. The mini has the same clip but due to the body size, I’ve heard it’s a little harder to utilize. It’s gonna take something really advanced to top this one for me.
Nice light for sure. I have had a Rein in my cart and ready to buy a few times but never followed through. Thinking of getting an Arisaka with a Malkoff head.
Brant

Post by Brant »

rgc wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 5:56 pm
Brant wrote:
Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:05 pm
Nice light for sure. I have had a Rein in my cart and ready to buy a few times but never followed through. Thinking of getting an Arisaka with a Malkoff head.
I haven’t actually had one of those in hand but have heard a lot of good things. Mostly the swap ability like Mod-lite. Cloud is all proprietary parts, and that isn’t an issue for me. They recently came out with a Rein version 3. 100,000 candela. I can’t even imagine where technology will take us a year or so from now.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Sticking with my Surefire EDCL2-T and EDCL1-T.

And the Streamlight ProTac HL5-X for the full sided ones.
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

Fenix E01 v2.0 Blue
41 pics in spoiler /!\
► Show Spoiler
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
max808

Post by max808 »

Had always wanted to try a UV light so got this Fenix LD05 to get free shipping on my KnifeCenter Yojimbo order. Build quality is exceptional for this price point but the range on the UV bulb is very limited so will probably upgrade to a TK25UV eventually. It's definitely a keeper though.
ld05uv001.jpg
ld05uv002.jpg
ld05uv003.jpg
MNOSD 0047 - mens sana in corpore sano -
Do more than is required of you . Patton
For man's only weapon is courage that flinches not from the gates of **** itself, and against such not even the legions of **** can stand. Robert E. Howard
kerrcobra

Post by kerrcobra »

I just got a Prometheus Delta in Copper, so that has been taking turns hogging my pocket with my 47s Quark QK16L MKIII (eagerly awaiting the Midnight Blue edition).
--Jeremy
Makunochimaster

Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 (3,7V 14500 compatible🐋)
LED Nichia 219C 4000K.
Last edited by Makunochimaster on Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Makunochimaster

Lumintop Tool AA 2.0 samples)
White balance manual 4000K, Nikon D80 + Micro Nikkor 40/2.8G.
Click to zoom picture.
Makunochimaster

Cnhensel

Post by Cnhensel »

I used to carry Foursevens and Fenix. Now I’ve been into making my own flashlights. If you get a driver with preloaded software, it’s pretty easy to solder the LED you want.
Makunochimaster

shunsui

Post by shunsui »

I got into flashlights about 15 years ago and picked up a few Fenix AA lights. Preferred the clicky tail switch models. Put a few drop ins in some old Maglights.

After that I just checked in every five years or so to see what was new. Picked up an early Four Sevens Quark Tactical AA that was very nice.

Lately I tried a cheap Olight AAA i3T EOS and it performs remarkably for a AAA. It's tiny while still having a clicky tailswitch. Love that it's just a click LOW, click HIGH UI. When you can't tell the difference between low and high, it's time to recharge the NiMH battery. Great coat pocket flashlight. My EDC needs are minimal so it works for me.

Still have the old AA and Maglights scattered around the house.
kennbr34

Post by kennbr34 »

I'm thinking about throwing some money into an EDC light. I saw the Nitecore EDC27 and I really like the design. I want something that's got a flat profile to it, and I really like the width of the flood. Not crazy about having a built-in non-replaceable battery though, but I suppose I'm not really going to get a flat profile with a light that has a 18650 in it.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

Yeah, the non replaceable battery kinda kills the collectable aspect of it, and that looks as collectable as they get. Reminds me of a TV remote.
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Ankerson wrote:
Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:50 pm

Finally another guy here who still likes Surefire products. I've been EDCing my E2D defender for over 8 years now and it just keeps on ticking. Yeah I realize that Surefire units a bit pricey but the dependability aspect is one I can't ignore. Not to mention that Surefire's rechargeable "123a" batteries just don't seem to wear out for whatever reason.

Now I have been looking at some other lights like FENIX, Olight and Four Sevens. I even recently found a Streamlight SL-20LP in great working condition on one of my long walks. However I've yet to find any retailer that will sell me a charger for it. If anyone knows a good vendor to buy a Streamlight Charger from just let me know.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:27 am
Ankerson wrote:

Finally another guy here who still likes Surefire products. I've been EDCing my E2D defender for over 8 years now and it just keeps on ticking. Yeah I realize that Surefire units a bit pricey but the dependability aspect is one I can't ignore. Not to mention that Surefire's rechargeable "123a" batteries just don't seem to wear out for whatever reason.

Now I have been looking at some other lights like FENIX, Olight and Four Sevens. I even recently found a Streamlight SL-20LP in great working condition on one of my long walks. However I've yet to find any retailer that will sell me a charger for it. If anyone knows a good vendor to buy a Streamlight Charger from just let me know.

Right from Streamlight here:

https://eweb.streamlight.com/Parts_Stor ... e=Products

IEC TYPE A AC ADAPTER, REPLACES PART NBR 22311

$27.08
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

JD Spydo wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:27 am
Ankerson wrote:

Well, cost is and will always be the main reason, no matter what anyone wants to say or try and say. ;)

It goes for pretty much everything really. If you look at YT on almost any subject of hobbies etc the busiest channels are the ones that cater to low cost/cheap/something for nothing etc.

Even on the gaming Steam Gaming Forums, it's pathetic, people complaining about cost (what else is new) and how everything should be free etc. :eye-roll

And we aren't even talking about large numbers here, maybe the $10 to $30 range. :rofl