Winners of Super Bowl XLVIII: Will it be the Broncos or Seahawks?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

RanCoWeAla wrote:We need to give Denver our full support. It's the team with the most support that wins. Get down in the floor on your hands and knees in front of the tv and let's turn this thing around. Try changing chanels for the second half and putting X marks on Seahawk players with your finger on the tv screen. Go Bronco's!!!!!!!
So much for the power of positive thinking! :(
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

That was the worst Superbowl I've watched since the '00 Ravens/Giants game. Total snooze-fest from the first quarter on and the commercials were pretty lackluster too.
Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

If you live in a state with an abysmal Super Bowl history it was pretty exciting :D .
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Blerv wrote:If you live in a state with an abysmal Super Bowl history it was pretty exciting :D .
Man I grew up an Bengals fan, we haven't been to a Super Bowl since like '89 or something LOL. We win a streak of games and you'd think we won a streak of bowl games.

But yeah, I wasn't thrilled with the game or the commercials. I was pretty let down with the whole event.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

I dislike the Super Bowl for the spectacle it has become. But, then, I dislike Christmas, too.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

All I can say is, "How sad." :( I really thought there would be more excitement to this game than there was. (Kind of like those really cheap firecrackers you buy as a kid). And who was that Bruno Mars character at the half-time show? :confused: Even the Who had a better performance a few years back!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I chose to refrain from watching it in it's entirety this year. Believe it or not, you guys were the only reason I knew who had won. I love football, but I agree it has become a spectacle. From what I heard, I missed one of the best half-time shows in decades. Shame Flea didn't even have his guitar plugged in.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Leif

Post by Leif »

I did what I always do in games like this, wait till near the end and root for the underdog. I was firmly staked behind the broncos before halftime. :eek:
Two historical figures, outlaws and desperadoes if that, the villainous pair of really nice boys who just happened to be on the wrong side of the law.

:spyder: Current EDC: Paramilitary 2 :spyder:
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Evil D wrote:I wasn't thrilled with the game or the commercials.
I did like the Kai ad with the Matrix theme. Morpheus ROCKS! And the Doritos ads were okay. But, yeah, overall pretty disappointing.

Who won, anyway! ;)

Ken
玉鋼
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

kbuzbee wrote:I did like the Kai ad with the Matrix theme. Morpheus ROCKS! And the Doritos ads were okay. But, yeah, overall pretty disappointing.

Who won, anyway! ;)

Ken
Lol. ;) I agree that the Matrix commercial was stinking funny (especially when Morpheus pulled out the pitch pipe and began to sing! :p ). I also really liked the Budweiser Puppy commercial. Very heart-warming. ;)

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

SpyderNut wrote:Lol. ;) I agree that the Matrix commercial was stinking funny (especially when Morpheus pulled out the pitch pipe and began to sing! :p ).
Oh yeah, opera! He rocked it ;) Who knew? ;) You saw the "Agents" monitoring the situation, right?
SpyderNut wrote:I also really liked the Budweiser Puppy commercial. Very heart-warming. ;)
Well, yeah, until a gang of Clydesdales starts car jacking! ;) It's all fun and games until a couple tons of horse mauls your car ;)

Ken
玉鋼
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

kbuzbee wrote:Oh yeah, opera! He rocked it ;) Who knew? ;) You saw the "Agents" monitoring the situation, right?

"Mr. Anderson..." :D

Well, yeah, until a gang of Clydesdales starts car jacking! ;) It's all fun and games until a couple tons of horse mauls your car ;)

Ken
LOL! ;) Too true! I think they were trying to portray the buyer as being a "city slicker" too (and one who wouldn't appreciate horse slobber all over the hood of his sports car :p ).