Knife-bst.com still used?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Simsmac

Knife-bst.com still used?

Post by Simsmac »

I tried making an account there a week ago, and I still haven't had the account approved by a moderator. Is the site still monitored and used by people? Anyone know who moderates it so I can get in contact and open my account?
My EDC: Spyderco Manix 2 MoonGlow
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Looks like there was activity there as of about a month ago...not sure if it's really running or not though. It never seemed to get a lot of traffic. Which I think is too bad...

A BST page that was started by people here, and is still run by a board member. But for some reason a lot of people still use other sites...
On the hunt for...
Simsmac

Post by Simsmac »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:A BST page that was started by people here, and is still run by a board member. But for some reason a lot of people still use other sites...
Any suggestions for where to sell a Spyderco? I used to have seller privileges on EDC forums, but they changed the rules so you have to donate to use the BST forum there. I've posted on Candle Power Forums Marketplace and Reddit, but I haven't got a lot of views... Any ideas?
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

I still check knife-bst about one a month or so, but it seems like it doesn't see anywhere near the traffic it did before changing owners.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

jabba359 wrote:I still check knife-bst about one a month or so, but it seems like it doesn't see anywhere near the traffic it did before changing owners.
Yeah, which is a real shame.

It was never a high volume site but it was interesting. I used to check it regularly. Now I rarely even think of it anymore.

Ken
玉鋼
Holland

Post by Holland »

maybe we should all change that and start using it. Ill start posting threads there first before going to BF and such. :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Be nice to see it come back to life that is for sure...

I've been thinking of maybe selling a couple of mine. If they need to go...I'll start there.

It's got a review section too...even if you link youtibe videos you do there it will help get traffic up.
On the hunt for...
Holland

Post by Holland »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Be nice to see it come back to life that is for sure...

I've been thinking of maybe selling a couple of mine. If they need to go...I'll start there.

It's got a review section too...even if you link youtibe videos you do there it will help get traffic up.
good idea
-Spencer

Rotation:
Simsmac

Post by Simsmac »

I think it's a great idea to try to get more eyes on the site. It used to be pretty frequented about a year ago. I sold two or three knives on there.

The real question is, who should I get in contact with to get my account moderator approved? Anyone know who runs the site? Last I checked they were a Spyderco Forum frequenter, but I can't seem to figure out who...
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

I have great success on Craigslist on a variety of items. Even sold a $8k camper on there without an issue.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Simsmac wrote:The real question is, who should I get in contact with to get my account moderator approved? Anyone know who runs the site? Last I checked they were a Spyderco Forum frequenter, but I can't seem to figure out who...
I haven't seen smikesmith3 in quite some time (just checked, he hasn't posted to the forum in almost a year). He used to run Spydietalk, which then turned into spydiestore.com, but the site seems to be "closed for maintenance" (never a promising sign). Seeing as how he has vanished from here and his website is down, I'd assume he isn't actively administrating knife-bst, which likely means no new members can join and the site (with such a limited quantity of current members) will likely vanish into the night. :(
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Wow I forgot that website even existed. I had some good deals there too!
mattman

Post by mattman »

Simsmac wrote:I think it's a great idea to try to get more eyes on the site. It used to be pretty frequented about a year ago. I sold two or three knives on there.

The real question is, who should I get in contact with to get my account moderator approved? Anyone know who runs the site? Last I checked they were a Spyderco Forum frequenter, but I can't seem to figure out who...
Did the requirements for registration reset? Why aren't you using the same account you sold the other knives under ??
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

mattman wrote:Did the requirements for registration reset? Why aren't you using the same account you sold the other knives under ??
As I recall, there was a change in their website that required everyone to re-register. I had forgotten about it, but finally re-registered there I think a month or two ago, it took maybe a week for approval. I keep forgetting to check the site though.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Donut

Post by Donut »

I haven't seen much activity on there for a while. It is somewhat hopeful, but no one seems to visit.

I made a few trades on there.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Invective

Post by Invective »

I don't know about anyone else but the site is now down for me. Something about the page being suspended
Holland

Post by Holland »

Invective wrote:I don't know about anyone else but the site is now down for me. Something about the page being suspended
yep, getting the same thing
-Spencer

Rotation: